You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Minnesota
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Aw man, I’m sorry to hear that. Hopefully everything works out! When did you interview?OOS with strong ties, WL 🙁
It was my first choice but I knew I didn’t do well on the asynch part.. anyone know about WL movement here?
D
deleted1199010
2/13 🙂Aw man, I’m sorry to hear that. Hopefully everything works out! When did you interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same boat, friend.OOS with strong ties, WL 🙁
It was my first choice but I knew I didn’t do well on the asynch part.. anyone know about WL movement here?
I’m sorry to hear this. Did they email you the news?Rejected off twin cites WL today
medbird
Full Member
Yes they did email. I'm pretty surprised that they started rejecting people off the waitlist so soon.I’m sorry to hear this. Did they email you the news?
I am curious if it’s a sweeping email to all those they decided to “reject” or if it’s a case by case thing.Yes they did email. I'm pretty surprised that they started rejecting people off the waitlist so soon.
westernblotter
Full Member
Does anyone know how many people are placed on the waitlist? And how many people typically get offered acceptance from the waitlist?
I think they may release more As tomorrow (since last week was Match Week and there hasn't been any As since the first week of March)any updates from UMN? Feels like they’ve been pretty silent.
D
deleted1199010
I just found out they usually do a ranked WL -- does anyone know if this is still the case and when they might release the ranking?
Idk. I’m getting nervous. I’m trying to just plan for reapplying because it’s going to be easier on me emotionally and logistically if I do that now, but I still struggle with not wanting to just have hope I’ll get pulled off the WL. But idek if they’ve established the alternate list yet. I may not even be placed on that, which would suck of course
medicineprincess1999
New Member
Did other people who got rejected also get the email about changing at least one letter of recommendation?IS pre-II R
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
Does any accepted student have a UMN email yet? They said scholarship info would be sent via that but I’m not sure where/how to make/find mine
I got an email with the subject line "Your University of Minnesota Student ID Number & Email Address" with a link to create the account. The tech support person I worked with was also very helpful!Does any accepted student have a UMN email yet? They said scholarship info would be sent via that but I’m not sure where/how to make/find mine
EDIT: I got this email 3/10 and was accepted 1/24
What campus?I got an email with the subject line "Your University of Minnesota Student ID Number & Email Address" with a link to create the account. The tech support person I worked with was also very helpful!
EDIT: I got this email 3/10 and was accepted 1/24
literally same!! they havent sent out any As in almost a monthWhen’s their next decision day? It’s been over a month since my interview
I am guessing they are reviewing all the waitlisted applicants?literally same!! they havent sent out any As in almost a month
D
deleted1199010
yikes this makes me nervous lol -- what do you think this means for those on the WL?I am guessing they are reviewing all the waitlisted applicants?
TC!What campus?
I think they reject a portion of the current waitlisted people, accept a portion, and put the rest on a ranked alternative list. According to the website, they only provide the approximate ranking (not sure what that means). Last year I was rejected from the waitlist.yikes this makes me nervous lol -- what do you think this means for those on the WL?
D
deleted1199010
oh wow, so does that mean they accept people off the waitlist before April 30?I think they reject a portion of the current waitlisted people, accept a portion, and put the rest on a ranked alternative list. According to the website, they only provide the approximate ranking (not sure what that means). Last year I was rejected from the waitlist.
no clue lol. I am on the waitlist again this year and hopefully the history does not repeat itself T_Toh wow, so does that mean they accept people off the waitlist before April 30?
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
I set up the email and account and when I check financial aid it still says nothing for the next aid year yet. So hopefully it’ll come out in the next couple weeks!
How did you set it up? Did you also get an email for that? Feel like I missed something lol
I got an email with my student ID and clicked the link in that email to set up a password. It tells you your username and that is the first part of your email. The email works through gmail with @umn.edu after your username.How did you set it up? Did you also get an email for that? Feel like I missed something lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No I did not. What did the email say?Did other people who got rejected also get the email about changing at least one letter of recommendation?
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
I got an email with my student ID and clicked the link in that email to set up a password. It tells you your username and that is the first part of your email. The email works through gmail with @umn.edu after your username.
wow so I totally just missed that email thanks so much [emoji1787]
Snowbirdusa
Full Member
Received Estimated 2025-2026 Financial Aid Notice.
medicineprincess1999
New Member
No I did not. What did the email say?
This came with my rejection (the advice to change at least one letter). I’m curious if others received the same advice
My rejection email from last year said pretty much the same. So it is probably a templateView attachment 401644
This came with my rejection (the advice to change at least one letter). I’m curious if others received the same advice
I see what you mean. As a side note, my rejection email was different. Mine starts with "Thank you for your application to the University of Minnesota Medical School’s MD program. Your application has received its final review. I regret to inform you that your file has been closed and is no longer being considered for admission into the incoming class of 2025 as all of our interview spots have been filled for this cycle."View attachment 401644
This came with my rejection (the advice to change at least one letter). I’m curious if others received the same advice
2ndgrade_surgeon
New Member
4/30 is the commit to enroll date, so hopefully, there is some WL movement shortly after. When do you all think we will get that ranked list?
+1 IS WL
+1 IS WL
ScentedCandles
New Member
Anyone who interviewed still waiting to hear anything? I Interview the last week of Feb. and haven't heard back since.
Same interviewed 02/20. Still nothingAnyone who interviewed still waiting to hear anything? I Interview the last week of Feb. and haven't heard back since.
simmy14
New Member
Same i'm still waitingAnyone who interviewed still waiting to hear anything? I Interview the last week of Feb. and haven't heard back since.
livemas
Full Member
i’m considering doing this. i didn’t interview until mid march but just wondering if we will hear back before the PTE deadline. lmk if you end up reaching out!Should we email about our status? It’s been 7 wks since my interview, and I thought their turnaround was 4 wks?
D
deleted1199641
Anyone know if ppl last year got off the MN WL Twin Cities?
mountainmedicine
New Member
I hope that means you got an offer that worked even better for you!!Just withdrew my A here today (Twin Cities). Good luck everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mountainmedicine
New Member
Yes, I took a look at the SDN page from last year and it looks like there was all sorts of movement on it. Lots of people who were originally accepted that declined and then people on the waitlist that ended up dropping off. It seems like it's combination of where you are on the waitlist, a lot of luck and "how the cookie crumbles" at this point. No idea if they have waitlist ranking or if they'll release those rankings this year since everything has been different. For better or worse, if you're on the waitlist it's not over until classes start.Anyone know if ppl last year got off the MN WL Twin Cities?
I am on the waitlist for the UMN. Do you all know if they accept letters of intent? The waitlist email states, "Since the Admissions Committee has already reviewed your file, we are unable to accept any additional materials," but I am unsure if that only includes application updates. Thanks!
D
deleted1199010
I emailed and asked and they said they don't accept themI am on the waitlist for the UMN. Do you all know if they accept letters of intent? The waitlist email states, "Since the Admissions Committee has already reviewed your file, we are unable to accept any additional materials," but I am unsure if that only includes application updates. Thanks!
D
deleted1199641
I believe they will release waitlist placement, but I do not know when. I've heard April 30th.
westernblotter
Full Member
I think end of April/beginning of May is when they start accepting/rejecting people off the waitlist but I believe they don't send out the ranked alternate list until JuneI believe they will release waitlist placement, but I do not know when. I've heard April 30th.