2024-2025 Northwestern

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you have yet to get an interview, should you submit a letter as 'Application Update (general)' or 'Pre-Interview Update or Continued Interest'

I'm being neurotic I know lol
 
Does anyone when the admissions committee makes the decision before the late-February/early-March decision release date? Thinking about how to time my letter of interest/potential letter of intent.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Delayed decision for MSTP 😔 I'd really like to submit a letter of continued interest since they're one of my top choices, but I don't have any significant updates to provide 🙁 does anyone have any advice for writing these kinds of letters? Thanks so much!
 
Might be a weird question...but how many update letters/LOCIs is too many?
Submitted one after interview, one right before December decision date (received delayed decision).
Thinking about submitting a 3rd, though it might be less impactful (would just be saying that my poster was accepted into national conference and some random stuff about why my goals align with Feinberg's)
 
Might be a weird question...but how many update letters/LOCIs is too many?
Submitted one after interview, one right before December decision date (received delayed decision).
Thinking about submitting a 3rd, though it might be less impactful (would just be saying that my poster was accepted into national conference and some random stuff about why my goals align with Feinberg's)
I would do a third tbh. I think what got me the A in December was the fact that I sent them two letters. NW is one of the schools that really likes people showing interest. It doesn't necessarily have to be updates, could just be more of a LOI or something.
 
Interviewed here last year - they really said no redemption for me lmfao even after 2 update/interest letters this cycle 💀
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad