You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Northwestern
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
pptf327
Full Member
to those who have finished their interview here, what was your experience like? 🙂
sooooo chill and nice. 3 really quick 25 min lil chit chats
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sillygoose06
Full Member
Any thoughts on when the first round of decisions will be? Mon or Tues next week or the week following Thanksgiving?
fourfofour4
Full Member
My money is on Dec 2 after Thanksgiving since last 2 years have been Dec 1 and Nov 30. Next Monday/Tues seems a bit early to me and they did say early December during the interview but what do I know…Any thoughts on when the first round of decisions will be? Mon or Tues next week or the week following Thanksgiving?
It will be later in the week of December 2nd between 3:30 and 5.Any thoughts on when the first round of decisions will be? Mon or Tues next week or the week following Thanksgiving?
Dear Mr/Mrs. Present-Row 4056,It will be later in the week of December 2nd between 3:30 and 5.
Although you do not know me, nor do you owe me anything, it would be much appreciated if you were to tip the scales of admission in my balance.
Please let me know what I can do to make this possible (I will cashapp u rn deadass)
Cordially,
BlueLemur.
Thanks for sharing this. Do you know the latest interview date that will still receive a decision during this first wave? ty!It will be later in the week of December 2nd between 3:30 and 5.
Thanks for sharing this. Do you know the latest interview date that will still receive a decision during this first wave? ty!
I don’t.
MedicalBotty
Full Member
Does NW have a little in state bias? all the data I find shows 50% overall but ~64% for instate post-ii.
D
deleted1184116
I think they definitely have some bias towards people connected to the Chicago area (plus suburbs), my friend at Feinberg told me that's a factor they consider in admissionsDoes NW have a little in state bias? all the data I find shows 50% overall but ~64% for instate post-ii.
We also take a lot of Northwestern undergrad students through the linkage program. They are probably more likely to be from the area.I think they definitely have some bias towards people connected to the Chicago area (plus suburbs), my friend at Feinberg told me that's a factor they consider in admissions
MedicalBotty
Full Member
Do the linkage folks skew the in-state data, or are they likely not included if they dont interview in the same way?We also take a lot of Northwestern undergrad students through the linkage program. They are probably more likely to be from the area.
MedicalBotty
Full Member
Do you know when decisions are likely made? I am expecting deferral in ~1.5weeks (pessimist) and I want to send more letters to express my divine intent on attending, but before they have their little tea party so that it actually has sway!Not sure about the timing, but I wrote a couple letter of intent and updates and I honestly think thats why I got in. They definitely seem to like interest. I sent my first one after my interview in September and then another in February before the second round of decisions.
Also, I already sent a letter of intent, but I don't really have a substantial update to send. What would you recommend is the most important to put in that next letter? I could just do like 4 sentences saying I really wanna go there and will.
Should I include that I have an acceptance but that I would like to go there instead?
Thanks for the help!!
D
deleted1201071
Why is northwesterns post interview acceptance rate so high at 50%? isn't it normally like 25-30% at peer institutions?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1085576
They interview a smaller number of applicants probablyWhy is northwesterns post interview acceptance rate so high at 50%? isn't it normally like 25-30% at peer institutions?
Not sure when they make decisions. I don't know if they do like weekly/monthly meetings or how they make the final admission decision for the December date.Do you know when decisions are likely made? I am expecting deferral in ~1.5weeks (pessimist) and I want to send more letters to express my divine intent on attending, but before they have their little tea party so that it actually has sway!
Also, I already sent a letter of intent, but I don't really have a substantial update to send. What would you recommend is the most important to put in that next letter? I could just do like 4 sentences saying I really wanna go there and will.
Should I include that I have an acceptance but that I would like to go there instead?
Thanks for the help!!
I'd only write an update if you have a substantial update. They already know that you want to go here. If you want to write something like that, I'd save it for Feb/March. I wouldn't write that you already have an acceptance, doesn't really mean anything unless you are accepted and are looking for scholarship money.
OOS II received today! Complete 7/1
OOS II received today! Complete 7/1
did you have anything significant to update them? MAJOR congratulations 🙂 i hope all goes well!!! this is a great program.+1 IS II!! Over the moon fr! Complete 7/14, and sent in an update letter/letter of interest last week!
fourfofour4
Full Member
Any predictions on which day next week the decision wave is? 😳
D
deleted1125342
I was waiting for someone to ask this question cuz I'm mega scaredAny predictions on which day next week the decision wave is? 😳
D
deleted1184116
I think someone earlier said it would be later in the week of dec 2 (so next week)Any predictions on which day next week the decision wave is? 😳
Honestly nothing too significant, but I think the way I structured my update was what maybe got me the II! I mentioned continuing community service (I had low-ish hours when I applied, so tried to address that weakness), linked an art portfolio which I didn't have a chance to talk about elsewhere+ a minor art-related accomplishment, and updated them about a new research opportunity I would be starting next year (which is not super significant because I have a lot of research experience on my app already). I think the important thing I did throughout the letter was tie every experience to my goals and make it clear why I'm doing each activity. I also talked about how Northwestern can support my future endeavors and gave some very detailed reasons (specific PI, programs, etc.)!did you have anything significant to update them? MAJOR congratulations 🙂 i hope all goes well!!! this is a great program.
Hi! Here are my suggestions:I am sending an update letter soon through their portal. I have a few questions.
1) what do I title it
2) where do I put my AAMC ID (I was thinking at the bottom below my name)
3) I dont really know much about these or how to format them so any advice
1) no title - start with Dear [Feinberg School of Medicine Admissions Committee] or [Dean Kundu]
2) I put mine under my name in the signature. Some suggest writing it in the first sentence, so I think whatever your preference is works fine!
3) I would also include the date in the top right hand corner, a handwritten/computer-generated signature at the end, followed by your typed out name. I would also keep it to less than 1-page in length.
chigirl214
Full Member
My friend who got in last year said she got the call the second Friday after Thanksgiving, so maybe it will be this Friday 😱😵I think someone earlier said it would be later in the week of dec 2 (so next week)
fourfofour4
Full Member
Interesting...SDN/cycletrack from last year says decisions were on a Thursday so I wonder if the calls trickle into Friday as wellMy friend who got in last year said she got the call the second Friday after Thanksgiving, so maybe it will be this Friday 😱😵
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MedicalBotty
Full Member
thats what I was thinking, but maybe not then loli think someone said that decisions in the past years have been on nov 30 or dec 1. since both of those days were on a weekend this year, i was thinking they would come out today but not sure now.
MedicalBotty
Full Member
Anyone wanna email and ask lol*
D
deleted1125342
Not itAnyone wanna email and ask lol*
I'd say we should give it until the end of the week not gonna lie.Anyone wanna email and ask lol*
MedicalBotty
Full Member
I just need my deferral alreadyI'd say we should give it until the end of the week not gonna lie.
D
deleted1201071
I need that purple durple love [emoji1786][emoji1786]
It will be Thursday
cookiepearwatermelon
Full Member
It will be Thursday
Based on past years releasing on Thursdays or did you email admissions?
Complete blind guess 😎Based on past years releasing on Thursdays or did you email admissions?
chigirl214
Full Member
Do the deferred people also get notified on the same day? I'm assuming by email?
If it actually is Thursday you owe me a cookie!omg I really put this on my calendar for no reason then lol
fingers crossed, last year they sent a wave right after their A wavethink another wave of II’s are happening?
forum_user_99
New Member
Based on prior years threads in SDN, the first round decisions have always come out around last week of Nov or 1st week of December.
11/22/2019 - Friday
11/30/2020 - Monday
11/30/2021 - Tuesday
12/1/2022 - Thursday
11/30/2023 - Thursday
12/??/2024 - ??
For this year, could it come tomorrow or Friday?
11/22/2019 - Friday
11/30/2020 - Monday
11/30/2021 - Tuesday
12/1/2022 - Thursday
11/30/2023 - Thursday
12/??/2024 - ??
For this year, could it come tomorrow or Friday?

Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MedicalBotty
Full Member
Do we know a rough proportion of those accepted to deferred?
jigglypuff3
Full Member
during my interview they said they accept a really small portion in the Dec wave and defer most applicants, but no idea what the actual ratio is 🙁Do we know a rough proportion of those accepted to deferred?
They said that in my interview as well.during my interview they said they accept a really small portion in the Dec wave and defer most applicants, but no idea what the actual ratio is 🙁
Interestingly, last year’s CycleTrack indicates 10 acceptances in wave one and 12 in wave two, which definitely disagrees with the above sentiment.
We’ll find out!
D
deleted1125342
Northwestern idk how much longer I can wait for these decisions 😭
I’ve been refreshing my email every 2 mins since 8 amNorthwestern idk how much longer I can wait for these decisions 😭