2024-2025 Pittsburgh

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I sent an email this week asking about the ranking and my rank but they replied that WL isn’t rank. I am curious how they are taking students off WL.
I don't think that is very truthful. They definitely have some sort of internal ranking that they can't disclose. Their methodology is not just eeny, meeny, miny, moe lol.
 
it just feels a bit unfair that they probably don’t take our letters into account if we’re lower in rankings 🙁 i feel like they might not even read my loi which i poured my heart and soul into
 
Someone said they try to fill seats with a person of a similar demographic to the person who gave up their acceptance. I think thats the only way that a non-ranked list could work. It also makes sense why it would take longer because they have to meet to come to a consensus that the new one is the best fit. I imagine that means they have sort of ranked different factors of each applicant but not a ranked master list.

Personally, i was initially a little upset after hearing Pitts waitlist would be non-ranked, but after some reflection i do think its better for making sure the incoming class is more inclusive of people from different SES or non traditional students. Ranking is more likely to favor priviledged and traditional students. Non ranked is more likely to value the different experiences and perspectives that could be contributed to the incoming class
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Someone said they try to fill seats with a person of a similar demographic to the person who gave up their acceptance. I think thats the only way that a non-ranked list could work. It also makes sense why it would take longer because they have to meet to come to a consensus that the new one is the best fit. I imagine that means they have sort of ranked different factors of each applicant but not a ranked master list.

Personally, i was initially a little upset after hearing Pitts waitlist would be non-ranked, but after some reflection i do think its better for making sure the incoming class is more inclusive of people from different SES or non traditional students. Ranking is more likely to favor priviledged and traditional students. Non ranked is more likely to value the different experiences and perspectives that could be contributed to the incoming class

i totally agree with this! except it seems like the only people who got off the waitlist saw the glitch back in march, before most people dropped their spots. so if the decision was made a month in advance to WL movement, how would they know what kind of applicant they were looking for a month in advance? and how come nobody who didn’t see the glitch didn’t get off yet? that’s the part that’s confusing me
 
i totally agree with this! except it seems like the only people who got off the waitlist saw the glitch back in march, before most people dropped their spots. so if the decision was made a month in advance to WL movement, how would they know what kind of applicant they were looking for a month in advance? and how come nobody who didn’t see the glitch didn’t get off yet? that’s the part that’s confusing me
lol I agree with this take.
 
Why does everyone seem to say the glitch is important? Someone called about the glitch, and admissions said it was just an error and not indicative of anything intentional. I think we may be reading into it too much

Except that almost everyone who got off WL had that glitch.
 
Why does everyone seem to say the glitch is important? Someone called about the glitch, and admissions said it was just an error and not indicative of anything intentional. I think we may be reading into it too much
As far as I know, admissions has only said it’s a glitch, which could mean they unintentionally indicate that you’re on some sort of priority waitlist. I haven’t seen them comment on what it actually means. People think it’s important because in the past and also this year people with the glitch have gotten off—but I am currently an exception to that trend 🙃 those with the glitch didn’t always get off during the first wave so there’s still hope but I’m sure many with it never ended up getting off either
 
doctordoctordoctor[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]]]] said:
So there has never been a person who didn't get the "glitch" and still gotten in?

There was one person last year who reported getting off the WL on May seventh and they had called admissions to call about the glitch because they didn’t see it and thought they were secretly rejected like how we’re thinking. But unfortunately, the glitch was seen on april Ninth and the person posted that they called admissions on April Twelfth so I’m assuming they checked on April Twelfth and didn’t see it. But it was so brief that they could’ve missed it. This whole thing could be a stretch but thats what it seems like
 
doctordoctordoctor[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]]]] said:
So all hope is lost lol. Tough I guess

but also i’m simply assuming that they called on the twelfth instead of the ninth. they could’ve totally noticed it on the ninth and them called on the ninth and posted abt the call to the forum on the twelfth
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
doctordoctordoctor[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]]]] said:
Well, I am saying that I did not get the glitch

sorry i’m being unclear. what i meant to say was they couldve noticed they didnt have the glitch on the ninth when people noticed the glitch and just called on the twelfth
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys, historically this med school doesn’t have much WL movement right? I’m just trying to see if it’s worth holding onto hope lol.
 
I’m already done with my primary app for the 2025-2026 cycle lol I’ve fully moved on
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
can someone call and ask if they're at class size and if they anticipate any more movement lol I've called too many times atp
I called yesterday, they said the same thing as the last two times. They plan on revisiting the waitlist but don’t have a timeline.

I think someone else previously said that admissions told them they would likely have two weeks to make a decision if they come off the waitlist. Perhaps someone who already got off the waitlist can let us know how long they had to make a decision? If that’s true, I’m thinking maybe they’re waiting to hear back from everyone (two weeks would be tomorrow) and then will do another wave.
 
I called yesterday, they said the same thing as the last two times. They plan on revisiting the waitlist but don’t have a timeline.

I think someone else previously said that admissions told them they would likely have two weeks to make a decision if they come off the waitlist. Perhaps someone who already got off the waitlist can let us know how long they had to make a decision? If that’s true, I’m thinking maybe they’re waiting to hear back from everyone (two weeks would be tomorrow) and then will do another wave.
When I got an A on May 7th, they said we have until May 21st to make a decision about the offer. I think you could be right with them waiting until those two weeks are up to fill some remaining spots in the class. I hope you guys hear good news soon 🙂
 
Last edited: