2024-2025 Pittsburgh

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got the call this morning that I got in off the PSTP waitlist! No changes to my portal yet, but heard from the PSTP admin that the application system is experiencing technical issues so it will take time for my official acceptance to be uploaded. Prob why no one has officially heard yet.
Omg congrats!! Do you by chance remember seeing the portal glitch or CYMS date change?
 
Omg congrats!! Do you by chance remember seeing the portal glitch or CYMS date change?
I didn't see the portal glitch although I avoided checking my portal a lot so not sure if it was there at some point and then went away. I also didn't have access to the CYMS tool so not sure about the date change there either sorry :/
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
someone ik said they got off of pitt’s WL yesterday. irrc someone accidentally told them their ranking when they called and they were very highly ranked so the WL might be moving on the dl
 
someone ik said they got off of pitt’s WL yesterday. irrc someone accidentally told them their ranking when they called and they were very highly ranked so the WL might be moving on the dl
Did know Pitt ranks WL
 
I thought they no longer had a ranked WL damn
I didn’t think so either! But ig whoever they called really messed up? either that or my friend is tripping and hallucinated that entire phone call. I wish I had better info for you but feel free to take this with a grain of salt, just wanted to share the info
 
I didn’t think so either! But ig whoever they called really messed up? either that or my friend is tripping and hallucinated that entire phone call. I wish I had better info for you but feel free to take this with a grain of salt, just wanted to share the info
Appreciate you and congrats to your friend!!
 
I didn’t think so either! But ig whoever they called really messed up? either that or my friend is tripping and hallucinated that entire phone call. I wish I had better info for you but feel free to take this with a grain of salt, just wanted to share the info

did ur friend send a letter of intent? also they said they were accepted or did they just call the office and were told their ranking?
 
did ur friend send a letter of intent? also they said they were accepted or did they just call the office and were told their ranking?
I don’t think they sent in a letter because their rank was so high. They called several months ago when they were first put on the WL and were told their rank. Then they got off the WL yesterday (unsure if via call or portal)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you know if they noticed a portal/CYMS update around April? And are they going to attend lol?
I'm not sure (I only talked to them in passing) and they're going to attend if the financial aid is comparable to their other school. def think the WL will continue moving as people decline their offers, manifesting for you all!
 
I emailed Admission office and they said WL is not ranked so I don’t know who is not telling the truth here.
I didn’t think so either! But ig whoever they called really messed up? either that or my friend is tripping and hallucinated that entire phone call. I wish I had better info for you but feel free to take this with a grain of salt, just wanted to share the info
 
I emailed Admission office and they said WL is not ranked so I don’t know who is not telling the truth here.

Doesn’t make sense. How could it not be ranked? When a spot opens, they’re not going choose the next student out of a hat! They are going to choose their next best student.
 
Doesn’t make sense. How could it not be ranked? When a spot opens, they’re not going choose the next student out of a hat! They are going to choose their next best student.

i could be wrong but it sounds that they are probably unranked when the WL decisions first go out and then once they read lois/updates letters and revisit apps during committee meetings, then they start making lists of their favs
 
i also saw somewhere (i could be hallucinating) that they try to pick candidates that are similar in profile to the ones that dropped their acceptance to keep the class diverse. in this case, ranking would not matter but i don’t know
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just don't understand why there hasn't been WL movement yet! For the past 5-6 years, the latest movement began by May 2nd. Last year, they already had a second mini-wave of WL acceptances around this time!!
honestly could be due to the power outages from the storm in pgh last week but who rly knows🤷