You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Pittsburgh
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Did they email you about the R?Pre-II OOS R yesterday, LM 77
majestic_chair
Full Member
Did they email you about the R?
Yes, and submitted 7/8when did u submit ur Secondary
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sleepwalking
Full Member
Interview with the faculty member is open file. Interview with the student in closed. And the group exercise is basically just discussing an ethical scenario. Hope that's helpful!Is the interview open file? For anyone who has interviewed here how was it/the group exercise?
This is perfect thank you!Interview with the faculty member is open file. Interview with the student in closed. And the group exercise is basically just discussing an ethical scenario. Hope that's helpful!
iirc there is a pretty useful post from either 22-23 or 21-22 that outlines one of the scenarios they used in the group session. Don't sweat it at all, if you have an ounce of social skills in your body you will do fine. It's literally just an MMI, and as long as you don't interrupt others and dominate the conversation you're golden.
aishahwjwodj
Full Member
Does it matter if I don’t go to ALL the info sessions before my interview here?
You don’t have to go to any if you don’t want to. Can go to them after your interview too.Does it matter if I don’t go to ALL the info sessions before my interview here?
aishahwjwodj
Full Member
Thank you! We have super similar stats and applied to similar schools, I’ve seen your name around a lot. Best of luck to you and I hope you get into your top choice!! 😁You don’t have to go to any if you don’t want to. Can go to them after your interview too.
OOS II! I can’t believe this is real, my MCAT is literally a 500 [emoji24]
premedgal444
Full Member
congrats!!! complete date?OOS II! I can’t believe this is real, my MCAT is literally a 500 [emoji24]
congrats!!! complete date?
complete 8/25. i was not even going to apply tbh bc it was getting late. this is a reminder to shoot ur shot!!!
so proud of you!!!!!!OOS II! I can’t believe this is real, my MCAT is literally a 500 [emoji24]
Backrub
Full Member
I'm starting to realize its not really as late as people think...so yes! Proud of you, congrats!complete 8/25. i was not even going to apply tbh bc it was getting late. this is a reminder to shoot ur shot!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
southerncar
Full Member
That’s lightning fast+1 OOS II received 9/16. Complete 8/26
Fr I was shocked. Got the R from Mayo Friday, so was grateful this week started with some unexpected good newsThat’s lightning fast
idt pitt cares@Rusty25 do applicants with a good PREview score have an advantage over those with no score?
TIA
D
deleted1197304
Anyone else still have no news? Submitted 7/22
TheQuibblerClinician
Full Member
I was complete 8/19 still no news
Hanako-kun
Full Member
OOS II! I can’t believe this is real, my MCAT is literally a 500 [emoji24]
Congratulations!!! Another reminder to everyone is that YOU ARE MORE THAN YOUR MCAT/STATS. Good luck on your interview my friend!
congrats!! x-factor or urm etc.?OOS II received this morning! LM ~72 and complete 7/25 (there's still hope for July applicants!)
ORM. Nothing huge like some of the people I see here, but I do have thousands of research hours and a C/N/S pub. I think it was a really strong mission fit wrt research and my interest in their specific programscongrats!! x-factor or urm etc.?
Last edited:
futureMD2321
Full Member
+1. Also, were you able to upload your pictures to select your interview date? Mine says uploaded successfully but then don't show up and it won't let me confirm the date.OOS II received this morning! LM ~72 and complete 7/25 (there's still hope for July applicants!)
refresh your browser! I uploaded my ID and photo like 10 times by accident with the same issue+1. Also, were you able to upload your pictures to select your interview date? Mine says uploaded successfully but then don't show up and it won't let me confirm the date.
congrats! complete date ?+1. Also, were you able to upload your pictures to select your interview date? Mine says uploaded successfully but then don't show up and it won't let me confirm the date.
futureMD2321
Full Member
7/25. 75 LMcongrats! complete date ?
surelycalm
Full Member
How many applicants do you think they get with a 520+?If 11.5k applicants applied to Pitt this cycle, they have to reject many stellar apps pre-II.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dirtybrownwater
Full Member
Does anyone know if the PSTP committee has access to primary, secondary, or stats?
D
deleted1198366
+1 OOS II LM 67
congrats! complete date?+1 OOS II LM 67
It appeared for me in the portal the day before under “interview management.”Hey, for those who have interviewed here. Do they send the zoom link the morning of interviews? Thanks!
Hmm. I dont see it yet. Hopefully it'll show up tomorrow. Thanks!It appeared for me in the portal the day before under “interview management.”
They might have access to the primary only, since it seems like they take GPA but not MCAT into accountDoes anyone know if the PSTP committee has access to primary, secondary, or stats?
bluearrow30
Full Member
How do you get onto the interview? I did not get a link and my interview is tomorrow.
OOS II LM 76
Is anyone else having issues uploading the pic and the government ID? not really sure what to do. ive logged out and logged back in, different browser etc.
I had the same issue! try refreshing the whole page once you upload. I ended up uploading it a few times by accident 🥲
pptf327
Full Member
thank you sm but im doing that :'( thats how the first one uploaded but now im stuck on the government idI had the same issue! try refreshing the whole page once you upload. I ended up uploading it a few times by accident 🥲
thank you sm but im doing that :'( thats how the first one uploaded but now im stuck on the government id
is it still giving you trouble? you can try calling them directly this morning, they were super responsive over the phone
Damn, I'm trying to remain calm and level-headed during this process, but screw this school lol.
I just logged into my portal to check something and saw: "In these very competitive times, it becomes increasingly difficult for us to choose the best among the outstanding people who submit applications to us. The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine has decided not to extend an interview to you in this application year."
No email or anything. Complete 7/18.
I just logged into my portal to check something and saw: "In these very competitive times, it becomes increasingly difficult for us to choose the best among the outstanding people who submit applications to us. The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine has decided not to extend an interview to you in this application year."
No email or anything. Complete 7/18.
premedgal444
Full Member
what section was that in? so sorry to hear 🙁Damn, I'm trying to remain calm and level-headed during this process, but screw this school lol.
I just logged into my portal to check something and saw: "In these very competitive times, it becomes increasingly difficult for us to choose the best among the outstanding people who submit applications to us. The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine has decided not to extend an interview to you in this application year."
No email or anything. Complete 7/18.
futureMD2321
Full Member
I had the same issue. For some reason it worked when I scheduled it from my phone but not my computer.thank you sm but im doing that :'( thats how the first one uploaded but now im stuck on the government id
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Under "application status"what section was that in? so sorry to hear 🙁
D
deleted1130898
When I want to make myself feel better from getting rejected from Pitt, I read this post 🫂Damn, I'm trying to remain calm and level-headed during this process, but screw this school lol.
I just logged into my portal to check something and saw: "In these very competitive times, it becomes increasingly difficult for us to choose the best among the outstanding people who submit applications to us. The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine has decided not to extend an interview to you in this application year."
No email or anything. Complete 7/18.
+1Damn, I'm trying to remain calm and level-headed during this process, but screw this school lol.
I just logged into my portal to check something and saw: "In these very competitive times, it becomes increasingly difficult for us to choose the best among the outstanding people who submit applications to us. The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine has decided not to extend an interview to you in this application year."
No email or anything. Complete 7/18.
steffiswims
Full Member
Same, I've been checking frequently for this and here it is today...Damn, I'm trying to remain calm and level-headed during this process, but screw this school lol.
I just logged into my portal to check something and saw: "In these very competitive times, it becomes increasingly difficult for us to choose the best among the outstanding people who submit applications to us. The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine has decided not to extend an interview to you in this application year."
No email or anything. Complete 7/18.
golgibody787
Full Member
+1 no emailSame, I've been checking frequently for this and here it is today...