You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 UCLA (Geffen)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats!!!Let’s goooo!!! A off the waitlist this afternoon yall know how much I’ve been waiting for almost 8 months I can’t believe it!!!!! I’m coming home baby!!!!
CONGRATS!! Did you send any updates or anythingNo top of waitkisteither I’m elated!!!! I’m crying
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know when students who got off the waitlist get financial aid packages? Regardless I’m committing but just want to know 😅
bunnyrabbit2022
Full Member
Are we allowed to send updates??CONGRATS!! Did you send any updates or anything
I got into UCLA without putting a hobby. I had maybe 3 leadership slots. I had 1-2 activities centered around advocacy and social justice. Hope this helps!Hello! I have some questions about the work and activities section of the application if you don't mind.
1. How important is it to include a hobby on the W&A? I heard it's good to include because it adds a human quality to your application, but I've done a lot of meaningful activities and I'm running out of space to mention a hobby.
2. Do you have any sort of advice/recommendation about how many slots each category should get? For example, is it okay to give leadership 1 slot, or should it be 2 or 3? Do you know if UCLA likes seeing a certain split of categories or if they have a preferences for some categories over others?
3. How important is it to touch on social justice and advocacy? I have a great experience I could touch on for this, but again, I'm running out of space and wondering if I should cut this.
You'll get a follow-up email shortly with a list of documents to complete and send in. Once you finish their tasks they are really good about getting you an estimated aid package soon after, took them about a day for me!Does anyone know when students who got off the waitlist get financial aid packages? Regardless I’m committing but just want to know 😅
Preface by saying that I don't work in admissions, so I have no insight into that process. I had a hobby on my application because it's been quite meaningful for me since childhood, and I literally filtered through schools where I could pursue said hobby relatively easily. Would not say it's necessary.Hello! I have some questions about the work and activities section of the application if you don't mind.
1. How important is it to include a hobby on the W&A? I heard it's good to include because it adds a human quality to your application, but I've done a lot of meaningful activities and I'm running out of space to mention a hobby.
I don't think there's a rule for how many experiences should be listed under each category. My goal was to be well-rounded, but also show folks what I care about most in my career/life. No idea if UCLA likes a certain split, but I will say that many of my classmates chose where they spent their time purposefully and meaningfully. Some folks had zero research and spent all their time in community service. Other folks had little community service, but spent 24/7 in a research lab. My advice is to just put yourself on paper and show UCLA what interests you bring to the table.2. Do you have any sort of advice/recommendation about how many slots each category should get? For example, is it okay to give leadership 1 slot, or should it be 2 or 3? Do you know if UCLA likes seeing a certain split of categories or if they have a preferences for some categories over others?
I would say UCLA looks at social justice and advocacy favorably. Social justice and advocacy exists in many ways, shapes, and sizes, but you'll find that most UCLA students have some experience in it (knowingly or unknowingly).3. How important is it to touch on social justice and advocacy? I have a great experience I could touch on for this, but again, I'm running out of space and wondering if I should cut this.
This gives me hope 😩 Maybe we'll get more nees this week?????Let’s goooo!!! A off the waitlist this afternoon yall know how much I’ve been waiting for almost 8 months I can’t believe it!!!!! I’m coming home baby!!!!
Hi guys! Not sure where to post the question so I’m asking here since this is my top choice school. Within what timeframe are you considered an “early” applicant versus a “late” applicant? Also, does anybody know when the new forum will be made for this school? Thanks!
I withdrew my waitlist position and committed to another school!! Wishing yall the best of luck 😀D
bunnyrabbit2022
Full Member
do we think were will be a large wave of waitlist movement after UCLA’s CTE date? Or a smaller number of people
do we think were will be a large wave of waitlist movement after UCLA’s CTE date? Or a smaller number of people
I am worried the majority of movement has happened already...but I would hope there will be another wave after 6/3....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is my worry as well 🙁I am worried the majority of movement has happened already...but I would hope there will be another wave after 6/3....![]()
Stay strong WL gang! ~192 members in groupme but I'm not sure how many MS1s. I think there will be one last good wave 6/3!
Somebody probably already asked this, but does ucla provide waitlist rank? I emailed admissions and their response was pretty generic and apologetic that the process was taking so long….
No_strategy
New Member
Does anyone know if the class above hands down any resources for incoming M1s?
Yup, lots of info passed down as we get closer to school starting in August.Does anyone know if the class above hands down any resources for incoming M1s?
Are you thinking the waitlist will be going longer than the first week of June?Losing hope… need to CTE to my current PTE mid June but the UCLA waitlist might run longer 🙁
Are you thinking the waitlist will be going longer than the first week of June?
There has been small movement in the past at the end of June but I wouldn't bank on it
bunnyrabbit2022
Full Member
anyone know how many accepted students are in the GroupMe/fb now
192/260anyone know how many accepted students are in the GroupMe/fb now
Why is the insurance so expensive? Does anyone know if I can’t have any insurance and I keep the money?
D
deleted1169403
It’s legally required to have health insurance in CA, or else you’ll be fined. You can apply for medi-cal which is cheaper than UCSHIP usually.Why is the insurance so expensive? Does anyone know if I can’t have any insurance and I keep the money?
does anyone think there will be movement soon with CTE today?
porkandbeans8888
Full Member
Two people left the group me today. That’s all I can saydoes anyone think there will be movement soon with CTE today?
Two people left the group me today. That’s all I can say
I will sleep well tonight ty
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thank u!!!Two people left the group me today. That’s all I can say
🙏🏼
Did anyone else get a message that they’re class is full?
garnmonster
Full Member
yep, i’m glad they at least gave us confirmationDid anyone else get a message that they’re class is full?
Me too, especially after all these months of waiting. Admittedly I was really hopeful about a second wave this or next week so I’m a bit sad and still processing.yep, i’m glad they at least gave us confirmation
Disappointed as well but maybe something will happen by August? Or maybe I'm delulu lol
It's been fun folks. Trying to make space for how sad I am that this dream didn't come true, while being so thankful for my current A. Wishing you all well in the upcoming weeks.
I feel the same way. I’m trying to be happy about the opportunity I have in front of me. Ultimately, the dream to become a doctor is going to come true albeit it a different state than I had hoped. But the future is bright. Trying to remind myself of that.It's been fun folks. Trying to make space for how sad I am that this dream didn't come true, while being so thankful for my current A. Wishing you all well in the upcoming weeks.
Dare I join you in your delusion? LolDisappointed as well but maybe something will happen by August? Or maybe I'm delulu lol
What did the message say specifically? Did they basically say no more movement now?Did anyone else get a message that they’re class is full?
It said in part, “At this time, the 2024 entering class is fully enrolled and there are no available seats. The waitlist will be maintained until August and you are welcome to remain on the waitlist…”What did the message say specifically? Did they basically say no more movement now?
:/ we still out here holding onto hope
bunnyrabbit2022
Full Member
is the only hope for the waitlist that someone defers or drops out now? Is that a common thing to happen ?
garnmonster
Full Member
based on the wording of the email, yes i assume so. the chances of that happening are probably lowis the only hope for the waitlist that someone defers or drops out now? Is that a common thing to happen ?
Hey guys, since I have my CTE for another school in a few days I am going to have to withdraw from the waitlist 🙁 likely it is going to be little to no movement but it has been a long journey and best of luck to everyone who is still hoping to get off!!
Dare I say it is too soon to start hoping for residency here 😉
Dare I say it is too soon to start hoping for residency here 😉
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It ain't over till it's over...? 🥲
Just withdrew from the WL. Had to commit to another UC! Good luck to the rest of the WL gang!
research-girlie
Full Member
received an email Friday and right now confirming WlL status. So many emails out of nowhere had me getting hopes up
Same :/