You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Utah
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Same, I interviewed in November and didn’t get oneI interviewed & did not get one…
chickigold
Full Member
Spencer Fox Eccles School of Medicine at the University of Utah is my biggest opp
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ranger_rango
Full Member
Also sameSame, I interviewed in November and didn’t get one
All the homies hate Spencer Fox Eccles School of Medicine
medDawgbruh
Full Member
Bruh I wanna get fake accepted
chimmychangooey
Full Member
Interviewed in Sept and jumped out of my bed reading this email 🙁
Hopefully we'll get some good news for real soon
Hopefully we'll get some good news for real soon
chimmychangooey
Full Member
I completed my FAFSA awhile ago so idkI wonder, is there a correlation between who got the email and who completed FAFSA? Because I haven’t finished mine yet and got one, so wonder if it was meant as a reminder?
chickigold
Full Member
I completed my FAFSAI wonder, is there a correlation between who got the email and who completed FAFSA? Because I haven’t finished mine yet and got one, so wonder if it was meant as a reminder?
Wampire
Full Member
Nevermind then 🤷♀️ guess we’re just at their mercyI completed my FAFSA in December so idk
palmtree13
Full Member
guys i got an email and i already had a pre-II R from them as an OOS [emoji24]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So did everyone else get this email too? I haven't been accepted so it seems like it was a mistake but maybe they're just going to call us tomorrow. Don't want to get my hopes up though. Either way, the U is definitely on my hit list after this.
Here is the text for the SDN people who are going to ask for it:
Dear Incoming Medical Student,
Congratulations on your acceptance to the Spencer Fox Eccles School of Medicine at the University of Utah. We are thrilled for you and look forward to working with you on next steps. We'd like to invite you to apply and be considered for institutional scholarships and/or federal loans. The Supplemental Application for Institutional Scholarships and Loans will be available after December 23rd, 2024. To be considered for Institutional Scholarships and Loans, you must have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa and the School of Medicine Supplemental Application.............(the rest is unimportant)
Here is the text for the SDN people who are going to ask for it:
Dear Incoming Medical Student,
Congratulations on your acceptance to the Spencer Fox Eccles School of Medicine at the University of Utah. We are thrilled for you and look forward to working with you on next steps. We'd like to invite you to apply and be considered for institutional scholarships and/or federal loans. The Supplemental Application for Institutional Scholarships and Loans will be available after December 23rd, 2024. To be considered for Institutional Scholarships and Loans, you must have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa and the School of Medicine Supplemental Application.............(the rest is unimportant)
If you scroll up you’ll see about 25 others got the same one 🙁So did everyone else get this email too? I haven't been accepted so it seems like it was a mistake but maybe they're just going to call us tomorrow. Don't want to get my hopes up though. Either way, the U is definitely on my hit list after this.
Here is the text for the SDN people who are going to ask for it:
Dear Incoming Medical Student,
Congratulations on your acceptance to the Spencer Fox Eccles School of Medicine at the University of Utah. We are thrilled for you and look forward to working with you on next steps. We'd like to invite you to apply and be considered for institutional scholarships and/or federal loans. The Supplemental Application for Institutional Scholarships and Loans will be available after December 23rd, 2024. To be considered for Institutional Scholarships and Loans, you must have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa and the School of Medicine Supplemental Application.............(the rest is unimportant)
The Paranoid Android
New Member
+1I didnt even interview and I got the email.... I'm so sorry for all of you who are waiting to hear back this is a huge error on their part
D
deleted1205653
I didn't even submit the secondary and i got the email...such a bad error but hopefully for those of you that interviewed good news will come soon!!I interviewed in October and have been waiting for a call. I got that same email.
For those who got the email and didn't interview, was this your first time applying at the U? I'm wondering if they are going off of prior interviews and updated secondaries..
RunawayRacoon99
New Member
I got the same email last night and interviewed in October. Emailed and called their office this morning but no response yet
The OTC
Full Member
Well...this shenanigans was not what I was looking for, UtahUtah where you at though?
Ruh Roh Shaggy ....
Grace Jones
Full Member
+1 never got the email but interviewedI interviewed & did not get one…
PowSki
New Member
+1+1. Interviewed + no email. My partner interviewed and received one.
It’sGoingTibiaOkay
Full Member
Same and now I’m stressing about not being fake accepted and if that correlates to being real accepted later 😭😂+1 never got the email but interviewed
LoSientoWilson
Full Member
Interviewed late September. Got the email.
Toasty Tornado
New Member
I kind of think the email correlates to being rejected
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Very few people getting the email have a confirmed rejection though, so maybe notI kind of think the email correlates to being rejected
ranger_rango
Full Member
Bold of you to assume the people running this thing feel shame.This mistake is incredibly embarrassing and inappropriate. I hope they are ashamed.
solid squat btw
I'm kinda surprised we haven't received an apology email yet. It was a huge mistake.
Toasty Tornado
New Member
I know 6 confirmed rejections that got the email...Very few people getting the email have a confirmed rejection though, so maybe not
Dr.Pending
Full Member
I got accepted and received a similar email after I got the phone call, but I didn’t get the email last nightDid anyone thats already accepted get the email at the same time?
medicalbaddie
Full Member
Just received an apology email:
"You may have received an email in error yesterday (2/4/25) from our Financial Aid Office. We regret to inform you that this email was mistakenly sent by our automated system. Decisions about admissions have already been communicated or will be communicated at a later date. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and confusion that this email may have caused. Please disregard the email from yesterday and reach out to us if you have any questions."
"You may have received an email in error yesterday (2/4/25) from our Financial Aid Office. We regret to inform you that this email was mistakenly sent by our automated system. Decisions about admissions have already been communicated or will be communicated at a later date. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and confusion that this email may have caused. Please disregard the email from yesterday and reach out to us if you have any questions."
I received the same mistaken email from yesterday and the same apology email. I interviewed in December, and I am still waiting on a decision.I kind of think the email correlates to being rejected
I also wonder if it correlates with being rejected because it appears the mistaken email was sent to at least some people who were either already rejected pre-interview and some people who are waiting on a response after interview. It didn’t appear to go out to people already accepted that received it correctly after their acceptance call. It could also be random but makes me wonder.
LoSientoWilson
Full Member
I’ve emailed them asking a few questions including if there’s any correlation. I’ll update this thread if/when they reply.I received the same mistaken email from yesterday and the same apology email. I interviewed in December, and I am still waiting on a decision.
I also wonder if it correlates with being rejected because it appears the mistaken email was sent to at least some people who were either already rejected pre-interview and some people who are waiting on a response after interview. It didn’t appear to go out to people already accepted that received it correctly after their acceptance call. It could also be random but makes me wonder.
It’sGoingTibiaOkay
Full Member
I received the apology email and not the original fake acceptance email.
The OTC
Full Member
I could see this correlation happening - incorrect email being sent to apps marked for rejection. All speculation of course, but if true, god what a horrible fumble on their part, especially after seeing some people posting they had already celebrated with their loved ones.I received the same mistaken email from yesterday and the same apology email. I interviewed in December, and I am still waiting on a decision.
I also wonder if it correlates with being rejected because it appears the mistaken email was sent to at least some people who were either already rejected pre-interview and some people who are waiting on a response after interview. It didn’t appear to go out to people already accepted that received it correctly after their acceptance call. It could also be random but makes me wonder.
I don't think it necessarily correlates to being rejected. I got the A last week, got that same email last week, and then got both that same mistake email and the apology email today.I received the same mistaken email from yesterday and the same apology email. I interviewed in December, and I am still waiting on a decision.
I also wonder if it correlates with being rejected because it appears the mistaken email was sent to at least some people who were either already rejected pre-interview and some people who are waiting on a response after interview. It didn’t appear to go out to people already accepted that received it correctly after their acceptance call. It could also be random but makes me wonder.
Huh. I'm more confused now. Did the automated system pull some names out of a hat? 🤣I don't think it necessarily correlates to being rejected. I got the A last week, got that same email last week, and then got both that same mistake email and the apology email today.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LoSientoWilson
Full Member
They responded to my email with this: “There has been no correlation between applicant status and those who received this email in error and we have seen and heard from applicants in all statuses.”
Grace Jones
Full Member
In lieu of an apology email, i think they should finish sending out application decisions 🙂
chimmychangooey
Full Member
I emailed admissions asking when we would hear back if we haven't yet.
"You are correct; your application is still under consideration by our Admissions Committee and we will have all notifications sent out by March 15th 2025."
5 and a half more weeks T.T
"You are correct; your application is still under consideration by our Admissions Committee and we will have all notifications sent out by March 15th 2025."
5 and a half more weeks T.T
As a current med student here I am so sorry you all are dealing with this, such a huge unacceptable mistake that makes me so upset for you. I emailed admissions and let them know how horrible this is on your behalf. I hope everything works out well for you all keep your heads up.
Also, as a follow up I spoke to admissions on the phone and they confirmed there is no correlation between receiving the email and likelihood to get accepted/rejected.