You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Virginia Tech (Carilion)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
SeaMonster
Full Member
Nope, my guess is that a wave will come this Thursday... Just bc that marks exactly 4 weeks since the last reported II'sanyone hear anything?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
octopus4med
Full Member
OOS II just now!!
heir_of_snakes
Full Member
+1
OOS II just now!!
OOS +1 II
what time ?OOS +1 II
12:57pwhat time ?
Hehe oops I meant 8/198/29? are you from the future?
😆
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 IS II, received same time as other posters, submitted 7/25!
baby_medic6
Full Member
i think we all already interviewed this month!quick question so are people who got II's in late July also interviewing on Sept 28, or are yall interviewing on an earlier day?
heir_of_snakes
Full Member
Do y'all think the 9/28 interview date folks will also start getting decisions mid-October?
TriviaLover99
Full Member
They said at the 8/24 interview day that our day as well as the September day will get decisions in October
did you get the invite today? or yesterday? also submission date and LM if you dont mind?+1 II OOS 🙂
skubbie
Full Member
Got it yesterday around the same time as others in the thread, same interview day in Sept.did you get the invite today? or yesterday? also submission date and LM if you dont mind?
Submitted 7/20, LM 75 w/ IA
fireandice19
New Member
II received 8/28
octopus4med
Full Member
For anyone that scheduled their interview, are you able to click on the “meal choice/dietary restrictions form”? I keep getting an error message when I try to open it and i’m not sure what else to do or if everyone else is experiencing the same thing
It was like that for me until a few days ago. Are you interviewing 9/28? If you're interviewing at a later date then they may still be waiting to release that form until closer to your interview date.For anyone that scheduled their interview, are you able to click on the “meal choice/dietary restrictions form”? I keep getting an error message when I try to open it and i’m not sure what else to do or if everyone else is experiencing the same thing
octopus4med
Full Member
It was like that for me until a few days ago. Are you interviewing 9/28? If you're interviewing at a later date then they may still be waiting to release that form until closer to your interview date.
Yes I am! I actually emailed admissions and they said the link sometimes doesn’t work for certain people
Oh I see, send me a DM if you still have issues with that form. Look forward to meeting you at interview day! 😀Yes I am! I actually emailed admissions and they said the link sometimes doesn’t work for certain people
serenesloth
Full Member
OOS II received about an hour ago! complete on 7/11 and my interview is scheduled for 10/19
yeswe get pen and paper for the mmi, right ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone else facing travel delays to the interview day/social because of the hurricane?
yes I am nervous about not being able to get there... I have no other way than flying...Anyone else facing travel delays to the interview day/social because of the hurricane?
Interviews can be rescheduled in case of natural disaster, but get on the phone & let them know you can't get there.yes I am nervous about not being able to get there... I have no other way than flying...
Possibility being that they are not in the office because they can't drive there...in which case an email with "important interview rescheduling issue" in the subject line
We had some great stories from a few years back from hurricane times in Galveston & Houston
octopus4med
Full Member
Does anyone know if VTC accepts post-interview thank you emails? They didn’t say anything about it at the interview, i’m wondering if i’m safe to just email the admissions office…
I just emailed the admissions office with a brief thank you note - they responded pretty quickly and seemed to appreciate it!Does anyone know if VTC accepts post-interview thank you emails? They didn’t say anything about it at the interview, i’m wondering if i’m safe to just email the admissions office…
skubbie
Full Member
Ditto ! If anyone from sep28th is in this thread it was great to meet u all 🙂I just emailed the admissions office with a brief thank you note - they responded pretty quickly and seemed to appreciate it!
Seconded!! Didn’t expect to meet such great people but it was a great time!Ditto ! If anyone from sep28th is in this thread it was great to meet u all 🙂
I spoke to the director of admissions at the conclusion of interview day and he told me that about 1/3 of all interviewees from the August and September interview days would receive the first wave of offers around the AAMC traffic date- the 16th I think?? And he said that rejections would go out then as well in addition to some of us receiving no news to be considered for acceptance later in the cycle, effectively a post II hold. Hope this helps🙂i know they said we would hear back in october but did they give a day?
Anyone have any general tips for the MMI? How long is each station, and are they all the same length? OOS II sometime last week, and I am especially nervous since this is my first in-person interview
I interviewed in late Aug and it was about 10-11 MMI stations where we had a consistent 2-2.5 minutes to deliberate and 7(?) minutes to respond with the interviewer in the room before they ring a literal cow bell to signal moving to the next room. Then there is an open-file one-on-one interview that I think was 18 minutes. The video they show on the VTC applicant portal pretty much tells you everything and the director of admissions will give a powerpoint presentation before the interview itself to prep everyone which is really nice.Anyone have any general tips for the MMI? How long is each station, and are they all the same length? OOS II sometime last week, and I am especially nervous since this is my first in-person interview
In terms of preparation, I looked at the Shemmassian Ultimate MMI interview guide and, per my admissions counselor's advice, I had a google doc where I wrote potential answers + relevant personal stories to very general MMI topics. Of course, every med school asks the whole "Tell me about yourself + why this school" question so prep those points and honestly just rehearse with people. I'm currently an MA and the doc I work for did a mock interview with me, never be afraid to ask! The biggest piece of advice is that even if you feel like you didn't do super well in one room, just remember that there's other rooms, some of the questions are quite literally designed to throw you off, so breathe and treat the next scenario with a fresh mindset. Best of luck!!
Interesting! MSAR says that first acceptances go out on the 22nd but I'm praying it's closer to the 16th for my own sanity.I spoke to the director of admissions at the conclusion of interview day and he told me that about 1/3 of all interviewees from the August and September interview days would receive the first wave of offers around the AAMC traffic date- the 16th I think?? And he said that rejections would go out then as well in addition to some of us receiving no news to be considered for acceptance later in the cycle, effectively a post II hold. Hope this helps🙂
Yeah, I saw that too and I was a bit confused when he said that. Looking at last year's thread though a few people got A's on the 16th so I am not too sure what to believe at this point!Interesting! MSAR says that first acceptances go out on the 22nd but I'm praying it's closer to the 16th for my own sanity.
You are so sweet; thank you for all of the information! I was looking at the ultimate MMI guide and will go through it. The video and website say "scenario" based questions, and my other MMI was like that, too, with no acting or roleplay. Wondering if that's the case here? So I know to prep my acting skills lolI interviewed in late Aug and it was about 10-11 MMI stations where we had a consistent 2-2.5 minutes to deliberate and 7(?) minutes to respond with the interviewer in the room before they ring a literal cow bell to signal moving to the next room. Then there is an open-file one-on-one interview that I think was 18 minutes. The video they show on the VTC applicant portal pretty much tells you everything and the director of admissions will give a powerpoint presentation before the interview itself to prep everyone which is really nice.
In terms of preparation, I looked at the Shemmassian Ultimate MMI interview guide and, per my admissions counselor's advice, I had a google doc where I wrote potential answers + relevant personal stories to very general MMI topics. Of course, every med school asks the whole "Tell me about yourself + why this school" question so prep those points and honestly just rehearse with people. I'm currently an MA and the doc I work for did a mock interview with me, never be afraid to ask! The biggest piece of advice is that even if you feel like you didn't do super well in one room, just remember that there's other rooms, some of the questions are quite literally designed to throw you off, so breathe and treat the next scenario with a fresh mindset. Best of luck!!
disgracedowl
Full Member
girls i cant get into my portal is anyone else in the same boat
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
zigzagzinger
Full Member
hey queen! I can get into mine, so maybe just wait a bit or try restarting your browser? I'm using google chrome!girls i cant get into my portal is anyone else in the same boat
heir_of_snakes
Full Member
Same boatgirls i cant get into my portal is anyone else in the same boat
No worries! There are some "roleplaying" scenarios but everything is conversational, basically just explain your reasoning for your responsesYou are so sweet; thank you for all of the information! I was looking at the ultimate MMI guide and will go through it. The video and website say "scenario" based questions, and my other MMI was like that, too, with no acting or roleplay. Wondering if that's the case here? So I know to prep my acting skills lol
heir_of_snakes
Full Member
Maybe a sign...?
heir_of_snakes
Full Member
Did you interview in August or September?girls i cant get into my portal is anyone else in the same boat