You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Virginia
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
meowkat1011
Full Member
are they rejecting in waves? that’s nefarious [emoji24]
Do you know around when we could expect to hear about them?I know merit scholarships won’t be released for awhile, but does anyone know if they give them to OOS students? I saw in last year’s thread it looked like mostly if not all in state students.
I have some other acceptances (very grateful!) but could see myself going here if I were to get a scholarship, so I just want to know how probable that is.
D
deleted1197021
I beleive in the financial aid info session they said as early as late next week but I may be mistaken!Do you know around when we could expect to hear about them?
Finances then go to finance center. Then on the right side you'll see financial aid applicationDoes anyone know where to go in the finance center tab in the SIS to apply for aid?
I went in November and it was pretty casual. I wore a short sleeve button down and khakis.Whats the dress code for second look?
witheredmorningstars
Full Member
their IS WL is killing me the fact that they overlook and don't look at WL until late May-June 🙁
My WL email didn't dictate a specific date where they start looking at the AL. Where did you find this info?their IS WL is killing me the fact that they overlook and don't look at WL until late May-June 🙁
Zphyrus
New Member
I did a thorough read through the admissions page yesterday, and found an email regarding dates and more details would be sent out in April, and the review process starts around June. Fingers crossed!My WL email didn't dictate a specific date where they start looking at the AL. Where did you find this info?
witheredmorningstars
Full Member
It's based on their website and past year's SDN replies. I hope it otherwise though, it would really be amazing if they start earlier.My WL email didn't dictate a specific date where they start looking at the AL. Where did you find this info?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
no, probably in April we will hear backFor accepted students, has anyone received their merit-based scholarship?
forumskeptic
Full Member
I haven’t received need-based from anywhere yet either, fwiw.For accepted students, has anyone received their merit-based scholarship?
D
deleted1197021
sameI haven’t received need-based from anywhere yet either, fwiw.
orthobro12
Full Member
Same, I imagine things MUST come out before the CTE deadline right???I haven’t received need-based from anywhere yet either, fwiw.
historically yesSame, I imagine things MUST come out before the CTE deadline right???
D
deleted1197021
Wow congrats! Was this in an email from admissions?Just got merit aid offer for those wondering - 30k/yr
cinnamoroll686
Full Member
does anyone know the deadline for financial aid application 😢submitted my fafsa early on but totally forgot to do the sis financial aid application
from FinAid office.Wow congrats! Was this in an email from admissions?
IIRC, it was 2 weeks post-A for SIS. but that was for me, idk. I doubt they'll leave you out to dry if you just submit it and email them for confirmation.does anyone know the deadline for financial aid application 😢submitted my fafsa early on but totally forgot to do the sis financial aid application
gabaminergic
New Member
from FinAid office.
IIRC, it was 2 weeks post-A for SIS. but that was for me, idk. I doubt they'll leave you out to dry if you just submit it and email them for confirmation.
congrats!! Was it in an email with regular need-based aid too? I just got my need based aid so wanted to know if I for sure didn’t get merit aid?
Did you get need based aid through email? Or did you have to check the portal?congrats!! Was it in an email with regular need-based aid too? I just got my need based aid so wanted to know if I for sure didn’t get merit aid?
I submitted FAFSA and completed the need-based aid form, however, haven't heard anything yet
April 1does anyone know the deadline for financial aid application 😢submitted my fafsa early on but totally forgot to do the sis financial aid application
Are you IS or OOS? And did you get a need based aid financial packet already?Just got merit aid offer for those wondering - 30k/yr
icepenguin2024
Full Member
Just got my financial aid package - 36k yr for need based scholarship , nothing for merit (as of now)-i am OOS
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
forumskeptic
Full Member
Also OOS and got need-based scholarship, nothing mentioned about merit
D
deleted1180326
Just got my financial aid package - 36k yr for need based scholarship , nothing for merit (as of now)-i am OOS
Also OOS and got need-based scholarship, nothing mentioned about merit
when did you guys fill out the financial aid forms?Just got merit aid offer for those wondering - 30k/yr
Just got my financial aid package - 36k yr for need based scholarship , nothing for merit (as of now)-i am OOS
+1. I was told that merit scholarships will mostly roll out in early AprilAlso OOS and got need-based scholarship, nothing mentioned about merit
When did you submit your app stuff?+1. I was told that merit scholarships will mostly roll out in early April
I think mid FebruaryWhen did you submit your app stuff?
D
deleted1197021
I think bothJust curious—are merit-based scholarships awarded based on your main application, or solely on what you write in the extracurriculars section in SIS?
D
deleted1180326
wait what extracurricular section in SIS😭Just curious—are merit-based scholarships awarded based on your main application, or solely on what you write in the extracurriculars section in SIS?
last page of financial aid applicationwait what extracurricular section in SIS😭
D
deleted1197021
Wait I'm confused bc I just got my letter and they explicitly said merit is awarded by admissions and won't be until April? How are people getting merit now?
yes they are awarded solely by admissions. It’s possible fin aid sends the extracurricular information over to admissions or the fin aid office just use it to see if there are any need based scholarships for particular things.Wait I'm confused bc I just got my letter and they explicitly said merit is awarded by admissions and won't be until April? How are people getting merit now?
in terms of dates, the website says late March or early April. They’re probably just sending them out in waves.
D
deleted1197021
oh okay, i was just confused bc someone said they received merit alreadyyes they are awarded solely by admissions. It’s possible fin aid sends the extracurricular information over to admissions or the fin aid office just use it to see if there are any need based scholarships for particular things.
in terms of dates, the website says late March or early April. They’re probably just sending them out in waves.
may have been a misstatement, merit aid they said goes up to 20koh okay, i was just confused bc someone said they received merit already
D
deleted1197021
Ohhh okay I was scared for a momentmay have been a misstatement, merit aid they said goes up to 20k
swagdaddyja
Full Member
Does anybody have any intel on the effect of the whole MD-PhD debacle nation wide have on UVA?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
orthobro12
Full Member
I got my in-state financial aid yesterday, 29k/yr need-based scholarship + 10k/yr institutional loan
I got out of state financial aid yesterday as well, $36k/year need based scholarship and the $10k/yr loan. Didn’t expect UVA to be so generous with aid!
prettypickles
Full Member
When you say "need-based aid form" is this the same as the SIS financial aid application? or is it something completely different?Did you get need based aid through email? Or did you have to check the portal?
I submitted FAFSA and completed the need-based aid form, however, haven't heard anything yet
meowmix12345
New Member
Does anybody know by when we have to hit accept on financial aid awards/loans?
bossybaguette
New Member
I got an email today about campus assignments. Does anyone know where I can see this information?