2024-2025 West Virginia

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Canadian, II WL received Oct 30! This is the first school I've heard back from so far and I am feeling the stress! Hopefully I can move off the waitlist, but I have no idea how common that is!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Were there any difficult ethical questions that you’d find in an MMI? Or more of the why medicine, why not PA, why did you do this activity….
No difficult ethical questions. My interview consisted mostly of standard interview questions and they asked about my hobbies a bit. You will most definitely need to have a good answer for "why us." Good luck!
 
Am I crazy or did they say they would release decisions on November 27th? For people who interviewed today
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed today and forgot to join the student Q and A session even though I think I signed up for it. Am I cooked?
I don't think so, I did one of the med stay convos with a student, and she told me it had literally no effect on the admissions process, so I would assume the same is true of the Q and A. Worst case scenario, they think you were tired and didn't want to go, which is very excusable. More likely, they won't notice
 
WVU received my 4th quartile CASPER score and sent me an “interview waitlist invitation” on 10/15, saying they had already filled all of their interview slots for the cycle. I didn’t know this was an option 😵
 
WVU received my 4th quartile CASPER score and sent me an “interview waitlist invitation” on 10/15, saying they had already filled all of their interview slots for the cycle. I didn’t know this was an option 😵
How are you sure they are all filled?
 
It seems like they waitlist a large majority of OOS students. I felt like I had a KILLER interview and was waitlisted. However, I’m sure there is a lot of movement and likely most of the waitlist As will be from OOS students.
Felt exactly the same way! Maybe they're just really good interviewers 🤣
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was accepted to another school that was higher on my rank list. Is it worth withdrawing my app (on a WL for interview)? Like I would hope someone else who wants to go could take my spot. Does withdrawing an app show up for other schools/any negative impacts?
 
I was accepted to another school that was higher on my rank list. Is it worth withdrawing my app (on a WL for interview)? Like I would hope someone else who wants to go could take my spot. Does withdrawing an app show up for other schools/any negative impacts?
Other schools won’t see you withdrew your application. No negative impact at all.
 
Did anyone else get the email about offering an earlier interview invite a few weeks ago? Just wondering if they sent it to everyone or just certain applicants?
 
what did it say? when was your original interview
“
We have an opening for an earlier interview date. The date is first-come-first-serve, and this email has been sent to more than one applicant. Please use the Earlier Date Calendar to accept the earlier date. If there are no dates listed on the calendar, then the date has been taken.

You are not obligated to take an earlier date, and it will not be held against you if you do not take it.”

My original interview was in January, but the email offered an interview last week which I accepted.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad