You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 West Virginia
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Post-II?OOS R
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
stinkygirl203
Full Member
I’m probably similar stats to you (LM 69) but sadly I’m still waitlisted. Please correct me if I’m wrong, but I haven’t seen any OOS applicants being accepted yet. Ik there’s probably people who don’t report it on here, but it’s just weird I haven’t seen any this year. Ik last year OOS people were getting accepted as early as Nov/DecI’m a current WVU SoM student and this is not totally true. I’m OOS and was accepted outright in November of my application year, as were a handful of my classmates. But many OOS students are initially waitlisted vs IS. I’ll also add my MCAT was a 510 so it wasn’t anything outlandishly amazing. They really weigh in the interview.
hittheroad
Full Member
post or pre-III’m probably similar stats to you (LM 69) but sadly I’m still waitlisted. Please correct me if I’m wrong, but I haven’t seen any OOS applicants being accepted yet. Ik there’s probably people who don’t report it on here, but it’s just weird I haven’t seen any this year. Ik last year OOS people were getting accepted as early as Nov/Dec
stinkygirl203
Full Member
Post-II. I interviewed back in Augustpost or pre-II
hittheroad
Full Member
did you just hear today??Post-II. I interviewed back in August
stinkygirl203
Full Member
No haha I’ve been WL since 10/15did you just hear today??
PrePost-II?
yurikatsuki
Full Member
OOS WL just now, interviewed 1/23
+1 OOS WL, interviewed 1/17
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
underdawg434
Full Member
Pre-II WL in July…still haven’t heard anything
OOS WL, interviewed 1/23
OOS WL
westernblotter
Full Member
I got rejected here and this is what the email said: "Thank you for your application to the WVU School of Medicine (WVU SoM). While our review of your AMCAS and secondary applications was favorable, our interview season is winding down." I am just wondering if this is a mass email that goes out to all rejected applicants or if my application was actually considered favorable? Did everyone who was rejected get this email?
underdawg434
Full Member
Still on the pre-ii WL...
Hickfromdasticks
Full Member
I got rejected here and this is what the email said: "Thank you for your application to the WVU School of Medicine (WVU SoM). While our review of your AMCAS and secondary applications was favorable, our interview season is winding down." I am just wondering if this is a mass email that goes out to all rejected applicants or if my application was actually considered favorable? Did everyone who was rejected get this email?
I got waitlisted after my interview and it said “The COA was favorably impressed, and at this time, your application is placed on our waitlist”. Seems like it’s phrasing they like to use but I don’t know.
Yeah I think everybody gets the same email.I got waitlisted after my interview and it said “The COA was favorably impressed, and at this time, your application is placed on our waitlist”. Seems like it’s phrasing they like to use but I don’t know.
OOS pre-II R, been on hold since August. They basically said their interview season is over
sunrise_28
New Member
If you log into the application portal then select "view checklist" there should be a place for you to upload files.Is there a way to send updates on the applicant portal for this school, or do you send them to the admissions email? I can't remember what they said during the interview.
zigzagzinger
Full Member
OOS A after getting WL in October <3
amazing congrats!! did you submit any updates or letter of interest/intent?OOS A after getting WL in October <3
strawberrymatcha
New Member
me too! it was a phone call and I submitted a letter of interest with updates in DecemberOOS A after getting WL in October <3
Congrats!! If you guys don't mind sharing, did either of you have ties to the state?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
zigzagzinger
Full Member
I sent a letter with an update (albeit a weak one) and continued interest in December or late November!amazing congrats!! did you submit any updates or letter of interest/intent?
zigzagzinger
Full Member
I live on the border (like as close as you can get without actually living in WV) but no formal ties.Congrats!! If you guys don't mind sharing, did either of you have ties to the state?
zigzagzinger
Full Member
Yes phone call!Was it a phone call?
strawberrymatcha
New Member
I live in a bordering state though I don't have any formal ties to WV.Congrats!! If you guys don't mind sharing, did either of you have ties to the state?
swimmer174
New Member
OOS A! Interviewed and waitlisted late Jan
any update letters?OOS A! Interviewed and waitlisted late Jan
swimmer174
New Member
Nope, but I'm from a neighboring state and grew up going to WV a lotany update letters?
SmilingGhost
New Member
OOS WL, interviewed Jan
OOS WL and I interviewed 2/20. No updates or interest letters sent yet.
zigzagzinger
Full Member
Does anyone know when the admitted students day is?
robot_soup
Full Member
Does anyone know when they will send financial aid offers?
As far as I know, there are some scholarships that they notify about as soon as the scholarship committee decides (which is on a rolling basis throughout the entire app cycle). However, their official schtick for full financial aid offer notification if early may, if you have submitted your FAFSA by mid April. It should be available to view in the WVU portal, though not sure when that becomes available.Does anyone know when they will send financial aid offers?
fence-post
Full Member
Just got the A! OOS interviewed really early and have been on the waitlist since October
any ties?Just got the A! OOS interviewed really early and have been on the waitlist since October
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
fence-post
Full Member
All of my dad's family is from WV and I live in a bordering state about an hour and a half from the WV lineany ties?
curlydoctor
Full Member
congrats!!Just got the A! OOS interviewed really early and have been on the waitlist since October
fence-post
Full Member
Withdrew my acceptance! Hope it goes to one of you guys!
Thank you fence-postWithdrew my acceptance! Hope it goes to one of you guys!