You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Weill Cornell
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
BabySnoopy
Full Member
OOS II recieved just now, complete 7/9, I am freaking out this is my top choice school and I am so happy I can’t believe it. This was my second II ever
brainrobot294444
Full Member
OOS II just now, complete 8/2!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
BabySnoopy
Full Member
Love the energy in here I am truly manifesting this for all of us [emoji94][emoji94][emoji94][emoji94][emoji92][emoji92]
I spoke it into existence
newkungfukenny
Full Member
beasttttttI spoke it into existence
tim_hortons_87193
Full Member
Congrats snoopy!!! Kenny our time is comingbeastttttt
BabySnoopy
Full Member
Congrats snoopy!!! Kenny our time is coming
Thank you 🫡
If it makes anyone feel better, I sent them an update / interest letter with absolutely nothing to say except that I have continued with my job that I’ve been working in since I applied and that I am very interested in their school
So not everyone has to have that crazy good update letter that someone sent before
congrats! how long ago did u send it?Thank you 🫡
If it makes anyone feel better, I sent them an update / interest letter with absolutely nothing to say except that I have continued with my job that I’ve been working in since I applied and that I am very interested in their school
So not everyone has to have that crazy good update letter that someone sent before
BabySnoopy
Full Member
congrats! how long ago did u send it?
Thank you! About 2 weeks ago
newkungfukenny
Full Member
Soon 🔜Congrats snoopy!!! Kenny our time is coming
flowerplant2000
Full Member
thoughts on sending thank you letters? if so, do we submit that to the portal?
D
deleted1184116
I emailed it to the admissions email, I don't think they do portal uploadsthoughts on sending thank you letters? if so, do we submit that to the portal?
newkungfukenny
Full Member
where can you send LOI/updates? is it through email?
squiggedlys
Full Member
Yes you send it to [email protected]. They have specific instructions on their website on how to send it.where can you send LOI/updates? is it through email?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
newkungfukenny
Full Member
thank you!Yes you send it to [email protected]. They have specific instructions on their website on how to send it.
D
deleted1184116
yep got mine last nightDid everyone else who interviewed get a "Let's Connect" invitation?
virgil-hawkins
Full Member
I think they also sent to people who have an interview scheduled but haven't done it yet.Did everyone else who interviewed get a "Let's Connect" invitation?
BabySnoopy
Full Member
I think they also sent to people who have an interview scheduled but haven't done it yet.
Yes I got the invitation and have my interview scheduled for January. Anyone know anything about this / What to expect?
OOS II this morning
congrats, when did you submit?OOS II this morning
late July or August, I forget the exact datecongrats, when did you submit?
seaweedbrain
Full Member
IS pre-II R just now complete 7/28
averagepremed0101
MD Class of 2029
OOS pre-II R, complete email 8/21
D
deleted1194381
got hit with the Cornell massacre. +1 R
this cycle has NOT been it 😭😭
this cycle has NOT been it 😭😭
findingdorymed
Full Member
Any MSTP post-II hear back yet?
gudeggtama
Full Member
oos pre-II R :')
D
deleted1184116
dang I thought Cornell didnt reject until Feb?
newkungfukenny
Full Member
nah they do a dec wave if you peep cycle track last yeardang I thought Cornell didnt reject until Feb?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
surelycalm
Full Member
IS pre-II R
OOS pre-II R last evening
curlydoctor
Full Member
if I didn't get hit with the R yesterday...should I still have hope?
tpaflamingo
Full Member
Also wondering thisif I didn't get hit with the R yesterday...should I still have hope?
if I didn't get hit with the R yesterday...should I still have hope?
Also wondering this
Above is the progression of last year’s cycle from CycleTrack. I circled the rejection spike that corresponds with what happened yesterday.
After that spike, you’ll notice a fair bit of purple (interview invites)! It’s also worth noting that CycleTrack is very biased towards the beginning of the cycle, so there are definitely quite a few interviews left to hand out 🙂!
curlydoctor
Full Member
I can always count on Mr. Macrophage! thanks sm!View attachment 396240
Above is the progression of last year’s cycle from CycleTrack. I circled the rejection spike that corresponds with what happened yesterday.
After that spike, you’ll notice a fair bit of purple (interview invites)! It’s also worth noting that CycleTrack is very biased towards the beginning of the cycle, so there are definitely quite a few interviews left to hand out 🙂!
View attachment 396240
Above is the progression of last year’s cycle from CycleTrack. I circled the rejection spike that corresponds with what happened yesterday.
After that spike, you’ll notice a fair bit of purple (interview invites)! It’s also worth noting that CycleTrack is very biased towards the beginning of the cycle, so there are definitely quite a few interviews left to hand out 🙂!
View attachment 396240
Above is the progression of last year’s cycle from CycleTrack. I circled the rejection spike that corresponds with what happened yesterday.
After that spike, you’ll notice a fair bit of purple (interview invites)! It’s also worth noting that CycleTrack is very biased towards the beginning of the cycle, so there are definitely quite a few interviews left to hand out 🙂!
Just curious, how come cycle track is biased towards the beginning of the cycle? Do people just stop updating the site after a while?
Sending you good vibes and crossing my fingers! I know its nerve wracking, but things happen for a reason and everyone ends up where they are meant to be. Enjoy the process in the meantime!love this, thanks so much! WCMC wasn't my top choice at first but after my interview it definitely became just that, such amazing faculty and students and institute opportunities. just with their post-ii acceptance rate wasn't so dang low 🙁((
I'm shocked I wasn't on the chopping block this time. I'll be joining you guys in a few months, anyway.
33% is actually pretty good. Don't forget a good chunk withdraw their application post-II because they got in elsewhere, so the post-II acceptance rate is much higher than you think.love this, thanks so much! WCMC wasn't my top choice at first but after my interview it definitely became just that, such amazing faculty and students and institute opportunities. just with their post-ii acceptance rate wasn't so dang low 🙁((
newkungfukenny
Full Member
i imagine most people wait for the entire cycle to finish before they make a decision, no? I would find it hard to believe many would withdraw their app from a school like cornell post-II EVEN if they got into like Harvard or something33% is actually pretty good. Don't forget a good chunk withdraw their application post-II because they got in elsewhere, so the post-II acceptance rate is much higher than you think.
No, if people get into their top schools, they'll withdraw from every other school.i imagine most people wait for the entire cycle to finish before they make a decision, no? I would find it hard to believe many would withdraw their app from a school like cornell post-II EVEN if they got into like Harvard or something
newkungfukenny
Full Member
Yea that’s a pretty rare occurrence in this crapshoot of a process lolNo, if people get into their top schools, they'll withdraw from every other school.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This might apply to case western type schools but def not cornell lolNo, if people get into their top schools, they'll withdraw from every other school.
A lot of people will hold onto offers from other schools to see which option is cheapest. A program that isn’t someone’s top choice can quickly become the most attractive option if the price difference is substantial!No, if people get into their top schools, they'll withdraw from every other school.
A lot of people will hold onto offers from other schools to see which option is cheapest. A program that isn’t someone’s top choice can quickly become the most attractive option if the price difference is substantial!
I agree with this take. I am withdrawing any acceptance if I get accepted to one of the free tuition schools
Literally the only reason I'm riding out the rest of this cycle despite sitting on an A to my top choice is to see if I can use finaid packages as leverage or go for free somewhere. Affordability is a much bigger factor in choosing a school than one would think, afterall, the first 4 years at an accredited MD insititution is not typically gonna vary all that much from one place to another.A lot of people will hold onto offers from other schools to see which option is cheapest. A program that isn’t someone’s top choice can quickly become the most attractive option if the price difference is substantial!
Totally understand, cost is my #1 or #2 factor as well 🙂Literally the only reason I'm riding out the rest of this cycle despite sitting on an A to my top choice is to see if I can use finaid packages as leverage or go for free somewhere. Affordability is a much bigger factor in choosing a school than one would think, afterall, the first 4 years at an accredited MD insititution is not typically gonna vary all that much from one place to another.