You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Cleveland Clinic (Lerner)
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
christianwatson
Full Member
3 acceptances in admit and none of them are me 🙁
helpmegetthroughthis
Full Member
same 😭3 acceptances in admit and none of them are me 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
agrarianleper64
Full Member
+1 Deferred
christianwatson
Full Member
+1 Deferred. does that mean nothing, like everything is normal i.e. my decision will still be equally considered in February?
realcoffeebean
Full Member
Also got deferred today. Pretty sad tbh but hopefully good news will come around February
realcoffeebean
Full Member
There's so deferral option on Admit so I think people are using the waitlist option to denote thatI was just deferred... does anyone know if this is better than a waitlist? What does this mean historically? Quite a few waitlists on admit unless people are confused and labeled deferred as waitlisted
zangoose
Full Member
Deferral is not a waitlist tho its a "we haven't decided yet"There's so deferral option on Admit so I think people are using the waitlist option to denote that
realcoffeebean
Full Member
Yes haha I agree with you. I was just saying that there's no "Deferral" option on Admit so people are clicking "Waitlist" since that's the closest thing to deferral. But yeah I get the confusionDeferral is not a waitlist tho its a "we haven't decided yet"
chocolatebaklava123
New Member
from past cycles, it seems like they don’t reject/waitlist anyone until the Feb wave... i think they are just trying to be more communicative 🤐I was just deferred... does anyone know if this is better than a waitlist? What does this mean historically? Quite a few waitlists on admit unless people are confused and labeled deferred as waitlisted
njdevilsfan1
Full Member
+ 1 OOS deferred
FireHunter2
New Member
Do you guys know if they contact every single applicant's PI? Mine got contacted, and I was just wondering as some folks were saying thats a good sign
realcoffeebean
Full Member
It could be a good sign. I know that's not the most helpful answer but unless we know someone who's on adcoms, our guess is a shot in the dark.Do you guys know if they contact every single applicant's PI? Mine got contacted, and I was just wondering as some folks were saying thats a good sign
I will say that my PI also got contacted but I've been waitlisted. Not sure if that's a positive sign but I'll take anything at this point
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
morak
Full Member
Nah, there was an R wave at the beginning of Decemberfrom past cycles, it seems like they don’t reject/waitlist anyone until the Feb wave... i think they are just trying to be more communicative 🤐
neuro_queen
Full Member
I was wondering this too. I asked my PI to turn it around as quickly as possible, and now just hoping for the best lolDo you guys know if they contact every single applicant's PI? Mine got contacted, and I was just wondering as some folks were saying thats a good sign
saltykiosk
Full Member
are the II done? I haven't been rejected but they haven't sent a II since dec so i'm not sure if it means anything
realcoffeebean
Full Member
The only thing I could find was that for the last cycle, someone reported an II on SDN on 1/8/25. They are most likely nearing the end of the interview cycle if not finished alreadyare the II done? I haven't been rejected but they haven't sent a II since dec so i'm not sure if it means anything
saltykiosk
Full Member
previous thread said the last committee meeting is at 1/30, so all the II spots should be done by now. unfortunate.The only thing I could find was that for the last cycle, someone reported an II on SDN on 1/8/25. They are most likely nearing the end of the interview cycle if not finished already
IG i was in the good but not good enough for II pile
agrarianleper64
Full Member
When did you interview?Do you guys know if they contact every single applicant's PI? Mine got contacted, and I was just wondering as some folks were saying thats a good sign
OOS R earlier today
pre ii or post iiOOS R earlier today
pre ii
pre ii or post ii
christianwatson
Full Member
today?
neuro_queen
Full Member
I thought maybe, but doesn’t look like anyone has reported getting the call. So I’m starting to think not today.today?
christianwatson
Full Member
R wave on admit hoping for A wave
BlueBirdPinkMint
Full Member
Will there be one this week... (im)patiently waiting
neuro_queen
Full Member
Someone on admit claimed their friend got the call this morning
christianwatson
Full Member
Accepted today via phone call around 2PM!!!! Deferred in December interview in November
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mountsinaipleaseadmitme
i dislike the mount sinai system. icahn otoh...
congratulations! i also think it’s so interesting that they do weekend phone call acceptances, i can’t think of other schools that do thatAccepted today via phone call around 2PM!!!! Deferred in December interview in November
Last edited:
christianwatson
Full Member
Im pretty sure NJMS was a weekend as wellcongratulations! i also think it’s so interesting that they do weekend phone call acceptances, i can’t think of other schools that do that
neuro_queen
Full Member
+1 IS WL
BlueBirdPinkMint
Full Member
+1 INTL WL
neuro_queen
Full Member
+1 IS A! I just got the call from Dr. Warren!! Hooray!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K