-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Mayo Clinic - Minnesota
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yes. From what I've been told and from what I've observed, it seems like 95%+ of the time you'll be getting an interview from your #1 track, and none of the others.Anyone know if your track preferences are considered when giving an interview? I really don’t mind which track I go into, but want to maximize chances.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS II
Submitted 7/16
MN-FL
LM 83
+1 OOS II just now! Submitted secondary 07/16 LM 75
+1 IS II, submitted 7/4, LM 81
Congratulations!!!
prayingfora
Full Member
+1 OOS II recieved 8/15, complete 7/23. LM 79. (Minnesota track)
@jakewagmin I have additional information! You can email to request your interview be for a different campus once you have received your II.Yes. From what I've been told and from what I've observed, it seems like 95%+ of the time you'll be getting an interview from your #1 track, and none of the others.
samplam
Full Member
Mr. Macrophage, I was wondering if the small class sizes are as impactful as advertised? Do you really feel like every professor knows you personally?Congratulations!!!
I've been at two pretty big undergrad schools (I transferred from 30k undergrad pop'n to 10k), so being in a class size of ~100 would be a big change for me.
The small class size is absolutely one of my favorite things! I’m on a first name basis with all of my classmates already. I have the phone number of every professor and dean. I’ve actually texted a few of them with quick questions and received a reply within 15 minutes. All of the professors are super accessible.Mr. Macrophage, I was wondering if the small class sizes are as impactful as advertised? Do you really feel like every professor knows you personally?
I've been at two pretty big undergrad schools (I transferred from 30k undergrad pop'n to 10k), so being in a class size of ~100 would be a big change for me.
I’m constantly receiving emails every single day advertising XYZ research opportunity or ABC mentoring opportunity because there are far more opportunities than students. I’m already on three research projects and a committee and we’re literally just a month into school! That’s not to mention the crazy cool Selectives that I’ve signed up for. Just earlier today I was matched with not one but two internal medicine residents through a mentorship program because there are literally over 150 IM residents here compared to less than 60 M1 students.
I honestly feel like it’s never been easier to engage in everything I want, and the class size is a huge factor. Mayo Clinic has the highest patient-to-student ratio of any medical school in the world, and the opportunities here make that clear!
morak
Full Member
Idk how the Monday pre-interview presentations are going to sell Mayo any better than this lol. I'm super excited for my interview now! Thanks for the info 🙂The small class size is absolutely one of my favorite things! I’m on a first name basis with all of my classmates already. I have the phone number of every professor and dean. I’ve actually texted a few of them with quick questions and received a reply within 15 minutes. All of the professors are super accessible.
I’m constantly receiving emails every single day advertising XYZ research opportunity or ABC mentoring opportunity because there are far more opportunities than students. I’m already on three research projects and a committee and we’re literally just a month into school! That’s not to mention the crazy cool Selectives that I’ve signed up for. Just earlier today I was matched with not one but two internal medicine residents through a mentorship program because there are literally over 150 IM residents here compared to less than 60 M1 students.
I honestly feel like it’s never been easier to engage in everything I want, and the class size is a huge factor. Mayo Clinic has the highest patient-to-student ratio of any medical school in the world, and the opportunities here make that clear!
Of course! Happy to answer any other questions or talk more about my experience whenever the need arises. Good luck in the interview 🙂!Idk how the Monday pre-interview presentations are going to sell Mayo any better than this lol. I'm super excited for my interview now! Thanks for the info 🙂
axpathetic
Full Member
wait, my interview dates say MD Arizona...
i guess this should go in the other thread, please disregard this
i guess this should go in the other thread, please disregard this
OOS II received, complete 7/27
I ranked all of themIn the secondary, are you guys ranking all of the tracks, or only the one(s) you'd want to go to. I really only want to apply to the Minnesota track, but not sure if I should still be ranking the other options or not.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1221182
+1 Hold... is this a soft R?
What was the language of the email?+1 Hold... is this a soft R?
D
deleted1221182
We have reviewed your application. Due to the high volume of submissions, we are putting your application on hold for a final interview decision. Your application is still under consideration, and no further information is needed from you at this time. We will notify you once a final decision is made.What was the language of the email?
Same, was also wondering if it’s a soft R+1 Hold... is this a soft R?
zestyzesty
Full Member
R
+1 OOS Pre-II R
Even though Mayo was a longshot, first rejection hurts!
Even though Mayo was a longshot, first rejection hurts!
dustycrusader
Full Member
+1 OSS Pre-II R
aprilandaflower
Full Member
+1 OOS Pre-II R
+1 OOS pre-II R around 2 hours ago 🙁. Verified 06/06, complete 07/07, LM 82.90. First rejection of the cycle as well.
Last edited:
For those on holds, was anyone complete in August?
Content_Power_5151
Full Member
I submitted in July and have yet to receive a decision. Does anyone have any idea of what this means?Also curious when those who received any decision were complete. I see some August Rs on admit, any July folks not get a decision yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Submitted 2nd week of July and no decision yet. Fingers crossed.Also curious when those who received any decision were complete. I see some August Rs on admit, any July folks not get a decision yet?
In the past, there have been a few holds that turn into interviews!+1 Hold... is this a soft R?
patrickthestar
Full Member
+1 Hold... is this a soft R?
I received a hold last year and didn't get an interview, but did receive an early II this year if that is worth anything!In the past, there have been a few holds that turn into interviews!
quirkybric2040
Full Member
if i submited very end of july... would it be worth sending them a letter of interest (before they reject me lol)?
Have you been placed on a pre II hold? I haven't heard anything, but planning on sending something if I'm placed on a hold, since @Mr. Macrophage mentioned they do take off a few people, but not sure if that's the correct protocol.if i submited very end of july... would it be worth sending them a letter of interest (before they reject me lol)?
quirkybric2040
Full Member
No I haven't heard back at all. but im just preparing for the worst...Have you been placed on a pre II hold? I haven't heard anything, but planning on sending something if I'm placed on a hold, since @Mr. Macrophage mentioned they do take off a few people, but not sure if that's the correct protocol.
pinkfluffyunicorn
Full Member
Hello, I am wondering how other folks are planning on sending post-II thank you notes? I didn't get my interviewers' emails, so thinking of sending to the admissions email and asking them to forward it. Does that seem reasonable? Thanks in advance for any advice 🙂
patrickthestar
Full Member
You can also upload them to the portal by going to document upload and then selecting "Thank You" as the document type!Hello, I am wondering how other folks are planning on sending post-II thank you notes? I didn't get my interviewers' emails, so thinking of sending to the admissions email and asking them to forward it. Does that seem reasonable? Thanks in advance for any advice 🙂
This is Mayo’s preference!You can also upload them to the portal by going to document upload and then selecting "Thank You" as the document type!
The welcome session itself is mostly just a long information session. Take some notes, pay attention, and try not to look distracted. Otherwise, no preparation needed!@Mr. Macrophage Hi! I was wondering what I should expect for the Welcome Session I have tomorrow? I know I have to dress business professional, but is there anything I should prepare for?
Did you have to introduce yourself or anything?? How many people in the session?The welcome session itself is mostly just a long information session. Take some notes, pay attention, and try not to look distracted. Otherwise, no preparation needed!
samplam
Full Member
I can jump in, I went yesterday. You get placed into a breakout room based on what campus you chose as your first choice, and you introduce yourself there. There were around 50 prospective students there.Did you have to introduce yourself or anything?? How many people in the session?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
samplam
Full Member
I did!Did anyone receive an email today from M3's at Mayo inviting them for an "LGBTQ+ Hangout"? (p.s. I do not identify with the LGBTQ+ community, and did not mention anything related to that in my primary or secondaries).
Awesome! I thought it was so nice of them to reach out with specific interest groups. I sure hope more of these interest groups get in touch 🙂I did!
Congrats! How was it?@Mr. Macrophage I just finished my interview today!! Are we expected to send thank you emails? Did you?