You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 SUNY Downstate (Brooklyn)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
failingatlife09
Full Member
anyone who interviewed mid-Nov still waiting for a decision?
flykidfrombk
Full Member
Ofc bro I interviewed September and am still waitinganyone who interviewed mid-Nov still waiting for a decision?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
interviewed early september and still waitinganyone who interviewed mid-Nov still waiting for a decision?
does this school care about thank you letters? it says we can upload them to the portal but i don't really feel the need to write one bc i thanked my interviewer at the end of it and don't have anything else to add/follow up on.
Espressolover1
1º: 29 | 2º: 29 | II: 9 | A: 5
+1 IS A!
vams
New Member
congrats! when did you interview?+1 IS A!
Espressolover1
1º: 29 | 2º: 29 | II: 9 | A: 5
Early august so if you haven’t heard back yet don’t stress until it’s something to stress about!congrats! when did you interview?
mouseling101
New Member
Did anyone send a pre-II update/interest letter and then get an II? It lowkey seems like they're done w interviews but wondering if I should just f it we ball and send one
undueclearance11
Full Member
Congrats! Did you send an update or LOI?+1 IS A!
lebronjames124
Full Member
I interviewed in early December and was told that I will likely get a decision in February, FYI. I'm assuming a good amount of A's will come then
what makes you think they're done?Did anyone send a pre-II update/interest letter and then get an II? It lowkey seems like they're done w interviews but wondering if I should just f it we ball and send one
mouseling101
New Member
Last IIs reported on admit were during 1st week of jan and apparently those are scheduling out into April.what makes you think they're done?
According to cycletrack, there were interviews invites given in March last cycleLast IIs reported on admit were during 1st week of jan and apparently those are scheduling out into April.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lord if you can hear me...According to cycletrack, there were interviews invites given in March last cycle
jackfrost59
Full Member
Its the day before my interview, and i still have not gotten a zoom link, when did you guys get it?
jackfrost59
Full Member
any last minute interview tips?
Sonechko
Full Member
I cant remember about the link sadly, sorry about that. But in terms of tips, I would say definitely have a good understanding of the community SUNY Downstate serves and how you can contribute to that community. Be aware of health disparities topics and overall healthcare state and legislation - I feel like this kind of applies to every school but especially to schools that have their mission related to this. The interview went really well overall, the interviewer was kind and really wanted to get to know you. You will do great and good luck!any last minute interview tips?
orange_pumpkin
Full Member
Where do we send letters of interest? to the portal?
catgirlk
Full Member
yesWhere do we send letters of interest? to the portal?
Anyone get an email today?
milkywayglass
Full Member
I did! What do you thinkAnyone get an email today?
IS +1 Confirmation of Interview Interest EmailAnyone get an email today?
Snazzy_iceberg
Full Member
I think they're still going to interview some more people but asking some to withdraw if they already got in/committed somewhere?Also received confirmation of interview interest email, anyone know what that means?
Snazzy_iceberg
Full Member
I'm going to stay silent I think. It seems they are only trying to get info from those planning to withdraw.. but not sure.Do we send something then? Or stay silent?
bluemushroom03
Full Member
Also got this email as IS. Sent a reply confirming my interest
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i hope they're being genuine about the interviews and send more out (interview me PLEASE lol)do ug think they'll send more decisions soon?
PaulAtreides2122
Full Member
I hope so. I interviewed beginning of August and haven’t heard anything. Kinda crazydo ug think they'll send more decisions soon?
jackfrost59
Full Member
how was the student interview? Any tips?
lazy_gudetama
Full Member
Did you have an interview? Are people who interviewed getting this email?I sent a reply confirming my interest and just got a reply today thanking me for confirming so seems like they want replies
catgirlk
Full Member
its just ppl who havent interviewed yetDid you have an interview? Are people who interviewed getting this email?
failingatlife09
Full Member
Super chill, they just read off a list of questions. Won't say what the questions were, but they were very standard.how was the student interview? Any tips?
Do we know if everyone who hasn’t received an II yet got the confirm interest email? Like were they selective in sending that email at all?
It looks like last year not everyone got the email but not sure what the conversion rate of interest email to II was.Do we know if everyone who hasn’t received an II yet got the confirm interest email? Like were they selective in sending that email at all?
undueclearance11
Full Member
anyone know if more As are coming this month and if so when? has anyone heard anything about that at their interview or info session?
yearningqueen
Full Member
i thought maybe it would be feb 8 bc it was jan 8 last timeanyone know if more As are coming this month and if so when? has anyone heard anything about that at their interview or info session?
user39475
New Member
I only responded through the portal, but I'm wondering the same thing. I might do both just in case+1 IS MPH A. Do we have to email admissions to accept our MPH offer, or is the portals’s Offer Response enough?
I had already accepted the MPH offer through the portal but hadn’t emailed admissions. I just got an email telling me to accept the offer through the portal or they would rescind my offer. Not sure why they weren’t able to see my response but it’s probably a good idea to email admissions.I only responded through the portal, but I'm wondering the same thing. I might do both just in case
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
During the most recent info session, they said all decisions (A, AL, R) will be released by April 30.anyone know if more As are coming this month and if so when? has anyone heard anything about that at their interview or info session?
nicefuturedoc
New Member
Same thing happened to me. Had to email admissions just to confirm to accept offer. Still waiting on college of medicine thoI had already accepted the MPH offer through the portal but hadn’t emailed admissions. I just got an email telling me to accept the offer through the portal or they would rescind my offer. Not sure why they weren’t able to see my response but it’s probably a good idea to email admissions.
nicefuturedoc
New Member
I thought it would be this week. Bc the website says mid February…anyone know if more As are coming this month and if so when? has anyone heard anything about that at their interview or info session?
flykidfrombk
Full Member
Doesn’t it say early Feb lolI thought it would be this week. Bc the website says mid February…
Last year they released As around Feb 19th, so I guess next week they might send last round of AsI thought it would be this week. Bc the website says mid February…
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K