2025-2026 SUNY Downstate (Brooklyn)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does everyone's netID email say "While you are waiting for your admission application to go through the remaining phases of the admission process for you to eventually get fully admitted" even though you were put on AL? and what did you do wih this NetID once you got it, i dont see a link to login anywhere?
Mine says something like “Meanwhile, you are being provided with information about your network account so that you can access the Medicat portal as part of fulfilling your health clearance requirements while awaiting a final decision on your application.”
 
Mine says something like “Meanwhile, you are being provided with information about your network account so that you can access the Medicat portal as part of fulfilling your health clearance requirements while awaiting a final decision on your application.”
oh that's so weird! mine doesn't say that anywhere in it. If you are comfortable would you be willing to paste the whole email just take out your name (here or over private message)? sounds like mine is totally different
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
where are you guys seeing the option to upload proof of citizenship and background check? i’m only seeing uploads for health requirements. am i looking at the wrong portal?
 
where are you guys seeing the option to upload proof of citizenship and background check? i’m only seeing uploads for health requirements. am i looking at the wrong portal?
I uploaded a photo of my passport on the document upload tab for proof of citizenship and it was marked complete today
 
how long did it take for your proof of citizenship and bls certification to be marked complete? did you guy just upload it under document upload?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anyone else who interviewed late still waiting to hear back? In the information session, they said that all decisions would be out by the end of April, but it's May 5th now. I interviewed on March 3rd. I'm not sure if I should email the admissions office or not.
 
Last edited:
Hi guys. I'm also on the alternate list hoping for an acceptance. In state applicant. Came across a doc on "SUNY Downstate's Policy on Selection and Admissions" that might give everyone an idea of how they select for acceptances, alternate list, and rejections.
 

Attachments

Is anyone else who interviewed late still waiting to hear back? In the information session, they said that all decisions would be out by the end of April, but it's May 5th now. I interviewed on March 3rd. I'm not sure if I should email the admissions office or not.
I'm in the same boat! I interviewed on March 3rd and still haven't heard back. Wondering also if I should send an email or just patiently wait lol
 
I got accepted off the waitlist today! I’m a in-state applicant and sent a letter of continued interest on Wednesday (my first letter to them).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is most of the waitlist movement finished by this point? Was taking a look at prior years and it seems like around end of april - mid may was when most of the acceptances from the waitlist occurred.
 
What does "Admissions Committee Review Completed" mean? I interviewed in March and haven't received any admissions decision?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Agreed. They made it seem if you finish the clearance activities you have a better chance which is crazy to me
Yeah I mean on their end it makes sense because it’ll be less work for them. but them asking for you to book doctors appointments, get medically cleared and all that stuff to have a chance is absurd.
 
Yeah I mean on their end it makes sense because it’ll be less work for them. but them asking for you to book doctors appointments, get medically cleared and all that stuff to have a chance is absurd.
Yea I def agree, a lot of work for a school that was slow to show interest in us as students. Other waitlists I’m on don’t have this expectation of me
 
Yea I def agree, a lot of work for a school that was slow to show interest in us as students. Other waitlists I’m on don’t have this expectation of me
I got off Downstate WL recently. I chose another NY school over them because of how incredibly unprofessional their admin has been. I would hate to have an admin like this as a med student
 
I got off Downstate WL recently. I chose another NY school over them because of how incredibly unprofessional their admin has been. I would hate to have an admin like this as a med student
The admin when you’re a student is completely different from the admissions admin. Using this as a proxy to choose a school is faulty.