You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 SUNY Downstate (Brooklyn)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I got a reply that they recorded my response to their email in my portal but nothing else so far. When you say they got a reply do you mean II?For those who got the continued interest email and sent admissions an email confirming interest, did anyone not get a response yet? Still haven’t heard from them, but I saw some people say that they got a reply already :/
no not an II, just like an email from the school that they received my email expressing continued interest, haven’t gotten this yet :/I got a reply that they recorded my response to their email in my portal but nothing else so far. When you say they got a reply do you mean II?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you reply to the original email they sent, or start like a new email to the admissions email address?I got a reply that they recorded my response to their email in my portal but nothing else so far. When you say they got a reply do you mean II?
bluemushroom03
Full Member
When I got it the continued interest email I just responded to the same email and they later responded to my email saying that they confirmed by response and noted it on my application file.
Same for meWhen I got it the continued interest email I just responded to the same email and they later responded to my email saying that they confirmed by response and noted it on my application file.
orange_pumpkin
Full Member
anyone who interviewed in December hear anything yet
yearningqueen
Full Member
i interviewed in sept and didnt hear ;/anyone who interviewed in December hear anything yet
samei interviewed in sept and didnt hear ;/
undueclearance11
Full Member
did anyone hear about when the next round of As will come out at the feb info session?
catgirlk
Full Member
all they said was that alll decisions will be released by april 30thdid anyone hear about when the next round of As will come out at the feb info session?
lebronjames124
Full Member
My interviewer told me that I would likely hear back in Feb (I am a December interviewee). But who knowsdid anyone hear about when the next round of As will come out at the feb info session?
lazy_gudetama
Full Member
Anyone else from October not hear back yet... on my toes
dogdog519
Full Member
interviewed first week of august, haven't heard anything : (Anyone else from October not hear back yet... on my toes
lucky_monkey_123
Full Member
same 😭interviewed first week of august, haven't heard anything : (
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know how soon people got an interview after getting that confirm interest email last year? ...Or if it even turned into an interview lol
Does anyone know if they already sent the initial 200 As?same 😭
nicefuturedoc
New Member
I’m also waiting on news for February… I did
receive some email regarding the MPH program which made me take three second looks bc I thought it was an acceptance
receive some email regarding the MPH program which made me take three second looks bc I thought it was an acceptance
Same thing happened to me. Seems like they're really dragging their feet with sending out post-II decisions for some reasonI’m also waiting on news for February… I did
receive some email regarding the MPH program which made me take three second looks bc I thought it was an acceptance
lazy_gudetama
Full Member
I know this has been asked but I cant find it. Where Do I submit updates? In the portal there is not a document titles "Update".Do I add it under "additional documents" or "continues interest"
lucky_monkey_123
Full Member
I sure hope so. Interviewed early August and heard nothing... sent a LOI recentlyany chance this week for news??
Don't think sohave they sent out any As this month at all?
undueclearance11
Full Member
Has anyone sent a post interview letter of intent and gotten accepted? Considering sending one but not sure if it’s better to save for in case I get waitlisted
catgirlk
Full Member
in the info session they said they liked receiving letters so i sent oneHas anyone sent a post interview letter of intent and gotten accepted? Considering sending one but not sure if it’s better to save for in case I get waitlisted
undueclearance11
Full Member
Do you remember if they said letters of intent or just letters in general? I already sent a letter of interest but think I want to do intent nowin the info session they said they liked receiving letters so i sent one
lucky_monkey_123
Full Member
they consider them the sameDo you remember if they said letters of intent or just letters in general? I already sent a letter of interest but think I want to do intent now
shelby308!
Full Member
Do we know if there's any hope for last minute interview offers or are they done sending invites?
Anyone else waiting to hear back after interviewing in September? I’m losing my mind over here 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone else think that the “confirm interview interest” email got our hopes up for nothing Lmaoo
Yeah on the same boatAnyone else waiting to hear back after interviewing in September? I’m losing my mind over here 😀
nicefuturedoc
New Member
literally same here, I thought mid February or at least sometime in February their would be a wave of news, but from the look of it, we are all in the same boat
hellofriends1515
New Member
Interviewed in August, still heard nothing back. Insane to make us wait 7 months with no updates. Do you think we’re all just waitlisted at this point?
I honestly think so, they will probably release AL early next month based on previous years.Interviewed in August, still heard nothing back. Insane to make us wait 7 months with no updates. Do you think we’re all just waitlisted at this point?
catgirlk
Full Member
I dont think its automatic AL bc i feel like barely any acceptances went outInterviewed in August, still heard nothing back. Insane to make us wait 7 months with no updates. Do you think we’re all just waitlisted at this point?
lebronjames124
Full Member
Doubt it. My interviewer said Feb to me lmao. I guess they are behind scheduleInterviewed in August, still heard nothing back. Insane to make us wait 7 months with no updates. Do you think we’re all just waitlisted at this point?
undueclearance11
Full Member
I actually don't think they're done with As because on admit, it says that 34/206 of the people who reported having an II reported receiving an A and I assume their post-interview acceptance rate has to be higher than thatI honestly think so, they will probably release AL early next month based on previous years.
hellofriends1515
New Member
would it be a bad look to email admissions and ask when we can expect to hear back?
PaulAtreides2122
Full Member
I don’t think so. They have to expect this is gonna happen making people wait so longwould it be a bad look to email admissions and ask when we can expect to hear back?
They interview about 900 people, directly accept around 200 directly, and then 200-220 more from AL later in the cycle.I actually don't think they're done with As because on admit, it says that 34/206 of the people who reported having an II reported receiving an A and I assume their post-interview acceptance rate has to be higher than that
jackfrost59
Full Member
the march info session for interviewed students is this week, I am sure they will say something on it
undueclearance11
Full Member
if you do i'd love to know what they say!would it be a bad look to email admissions and ask when we can expect to hear back?
hellofriends1515
New Member
they said my application is under review and that I can expect an update within the next few weeks as admissions decisions are still ongoing. oh well.if you do i'd love to know what they say!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you for the update! TBH it feels like things are stalling and I wish I understood why. I know there are applicants who don’t use websites like SDN or Admit but I haven’t seen any post-interview decisions reported for February, and a scattering of decisions in the months before then. Clearly there are a number of us who have been waiting to hear back for 3+ months (6 months in my case) and it’s getting kind of ridiculous. Really wish there was more transparency from admissions!In the virtual chat today, they said they are still sending As to fill the class and all decisions will be rendered by April 15th
I am also waiting for 6+ months! Surprising that any school is allowed to do thisThank you for the update! TBH it feels like things are stalling and I wish I understood why. I know there are applicants who don’t use websites like SDN or Admit but I haven’t seen any post-interview decisions reported for February, and a scattering of decisions in the months before then. Clearly there are a number of us who have been waiting to hear back for 3+ months (6 months in my case) and it’s getting kind of ridiculous. Really wish there was more transparency from admissions!
PaulAtreides2122
Full Member
I agree.I am also waiting for 6+ months! Surprising that any school is allowed to do this
justavegetable
New Member
Hi all! I hope you’re doing well. Here’s the official GroupMe for the Class of 2030:
Last edited:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K