You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 U Chicago (Pritzker)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
jffyx _net
Full Member
+1 MD OOS II, LM 81, marked complete 6/29
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to all that got interviews! Does anyone know if those of us who submitted early and haven't gotten an II might still get one? Submitted 06/29. LM 75. Pretty bummed that I didn't get one today as it is my top choice.
quirkybric2040
Full Member
I remember from previous years' sdns that some people who applied early did get interviews later if they didn't on the first day I'm pretty sure. But someone should double-check this...Congrats to all that got interviews! Does anyone know if those of us who submitted early and haven't gotten an II might still get one? Submitted 06/29. LM 75. Pretty bummed that I didn't get one today as it is my top choice.
quirkybric2040
Full Member
Do you guys know that if I applied closer to July 20th ish... when would I hear back? I feel so neurotic checking my email even though it has only been 10 days since completion LOL.
(I'm an M1 @ Pritzker) Last year, I submitted my secondary on June 29th and didn't receive an interview invite until late October!Congrats to all that got interviews! Does anyone know if those of us who submitted early and haven't gotten an II might still get one? Submitted 06/29. LM 75. Pretty bummed that I didn't get one today as it is my top choice.
+1 MD OOS II, LM 74 completed 7/3!!
Thank you! I'm trying not to stress. I need to stay off of here and cycle trackers. Hope to join you next year 🙂(I'm an M1 @ Pritzker) Last year, I submitted my secondary on June 29th and didn't receive an interview invite until late October!
Any advice for the interview if you dont mind me asking?(I'm an M1 @ Pritzker) Last year, I submitted my secondary on June 29th and didn't receive an interview invite until late October!
peepeepoopoopookie
Full Member
Does Pritzker send pre-ii R's?
Yes, starting in late October/early Novemberish.Does Pritzker send pre-ii R's?
quirkybric2040
Full Member
omg 2 interviews in 1 day! congrats!!+1 MD OOS II. LM 80. CA resident. App complete 7/2
Pasting below my response to someone who asked a similar question in the past:Any advice for the interview if you dont mind me asking?
Hi! My Pritzker interview was the second of my cycle, so I was fortunate to have had a little bit of experience going into the interview. Overall, interview day was very, very chill, and my shortest interview day by far. Pritzker doesn't do any MMIs. Interview day consisted of three individual interviews—one with a faculty member, one with a member of med school administration, and one with a current student. Like I mentioned, the interviews were super chill, and were very conversational. It was very clear to me, though, that the interviewers wanted to probe whether interviewees would mesh well with Pritzker's heavy focus on health equity and involvement in the surrounding Chicago community. If you're someone who maybe has a demonstrable interest in anything relating to health equity/healthcare delivery/quality improvement or simply community engagement, Pritzker is definitely the place for you, I think.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
did they tell you specifically who would be interviewing you (names)?Pasting below my response to someone who asked a similar question in the past:
Hi! My Pritzker interview was the second of my cycle, so I was fortunate to have had a little bit of experience going into the interview. Overall, interview day was very, very chill, and my shortest interview day by far. Pritzker doesn't do any MMIs. Interview day consisted of three individual interviews—one with a faculty member, one with a member of med school administration, and one with a current student. Like I mentioned, the interviews were super chill, and were very conversational. It was very clear to me, though, that the interviewers wanted to probe whether interviewees would mesh well with Pritzker's heavy focus on health equity and involvement in the surrounding Chicago community. If you're someone who maybe has a demonstrable interest in anything relating to health equity/healthcare delivery/quality improvement or simply community engagement, Pritzker is definitely the place for you, I think.
shortienova
Full Member
Nope! Good to know it's not just meAnyone been let into today's Pritzker Preview yet?
i basically ran out of money to apply to more schools but just got a security deposit back from my old apartment so i can now, would it be worth it to apply here? i know they like early applicants and i would def not be early lol
OOS R, pretty bummed as it was my top choice and my first R. Pray for me on my Northwestern interview😩
sorry to hear that; you're gonna crush the northwestern interview! when was your app complete?OOS R, pretty bummed as it was my top choice and my first R. Pray for me on my Northwestern interview😩
diltiazemm
Full Member
OOS pre-II rejection 🙁 app complete 7/5.
super disheartened as this is the first school I'm hearing back from, but fingers crossed for all of y'all waiting!!!
super disheartened as this is the first school I'm hearing back from, but fingers crossed for all of y'all waiting!!!
axpathetic
Full Member
OOS pre-II rejection as well
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
happyplace333
Full Member
seems like a lot of people with high stats are getting rejected but uchicago's median stats are high as well. i'm confused?
huntersthompson7
Full Member
IS pre-II R, LM 76
Stats are only a piece of the puzzleseems like a lot of people with high stats are getting rejected but uchicago's median stats are high as well. i'm confused?
medluma
Full Member
There's plenty of high stat applicants to choose from. Like CamDoc said, it's only a piece of the puzzle.seems like a lot of people with high stats are getting rejected but uchicago's median stats are high as well. i'm confused?
happyplace333
Full Member
wow where does this leave us mid/lower stat applicants... guess no news is good but still scary. if we have mid stats and submitted at the same time as people hearing pre ii r's right now, should we anticipate a response soon?There's plenty of high stat applicants to choose from. Like CamDoc said, it's only a piece of the puzzle.
medluma
Full Member
I wish I knew myself 😔 if it's any consolation though, I saw quite a few lower/mid stat applicants reporting IIs on admit meaning that UChicago seems to really care about mission fit/other factors aside from gpa and mcatwow where does this leave us mid/lower stat applicants... guess no news is good but still scary. if we have mid stats and submitted at the same time as people hearing pre ii r's right now, should we anticipate a response soon?
I'd say the fact that you didn't get an R while other applicants with higher stats that submitted at similar times did can mean three things:wow where does this leave us mid/lower stat applicants... guess no news is good but still scary. if we have mid stats and submitted at the same time as people hearing pre ii r's right now, should we anticipate a response soon?
1. They haven't reviewed your app yet, but will soon
2. They haven't reviewed your app and won't soon
3. They did review it and decided you should not be rejected based on your stats
In any case, it is out of your control! Just focus on the fact that, as of now, you are still in the running!
TibiaOrNotTibia
Full Member
+1 OOS Pre-II R (LM 77)
That one stung a bit!
That one stung a bit!
D
deleted1221182
Sorry to hear that 🙁 May I ask when you submitted?+1 OOS Pre-II R (LM 77)
That one stung a bit!
TibiaOrNotTibia
Full Member
I submitted on 06/30!Sorry to hear that 🙁 May I ask when you submitted?
And honestly, there are sooo many qualified applicants out there so it is understandable.
flykidfrombk
Full Member
OOS rejection pre II
No R, no II - so scared right now haha!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
noeliejelly
Full Member
"no news is good news" i whisper to myself, rocking back and forth in a cornerNo R, no II - so scared right now haha!
dustycrusader
Full Member
+1 OOS II
Congrats! When were you complete?+1 OOS II
dustycrusader
Full Member
Early JulyCongrats! When were you complete?
week-educational
New Member
I know this got mentioned earlier in threads but are there any current Pritzker students who would be open if I direct messaged them some questions about interview day/UChicago? Any advice would be great!!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 871
- Views
- 206K