Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM) Discussion Thread 2012 - 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Received an ii today! I'm an Alabama resident and sooooo excited to interview here. I was given the option of March 7 or March 23 -- I requested March 7. Anyone else interviewing that day?

Members don't see this ad.

Received an ii today! I'm an Alabama resident and sooooo excited to interview here. I was given the option of March 7 or March 23 -- I requested March 7. Anyone else interviewing that day?
Congrats! Good luck! I am hoping to get an interview from here too!

Received an email showing I am on the waitlist.

Good luck to everyone! Hope you get the call :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how the waitlist works? As in if there are rankings or when they start pulling from the wait list

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Does anyone know how the waitlist works? As in if there are rankings or when they start pulling from the wait list

I'm not sure when they pull from it, but there are no rankings.

When did everyone that got wait listed today interview?

2/12...anyone know how many spots are filled on wait list? I really love ACOM and hope to get accepted from wait list

Wow it seems like our whole interview group got wait listed????
Wait listed as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how many people are on the wait list..give or take?

For the wait-listed people,

Make sure to find out what they expect from a wait-listed student. Should you send an update letter every several weeks?

For the wait-listed people,

Make sure to find out what they expect from a wait-listed student. Should you send an update letter every several weeks?

What do you mean by an update letter? Entailing what exactly?

I am interviewing March 7th as well! I am getting nervous with it coming up but excited to see the school and talk to everyone. Good luck!

I am interviewing March 7th as well! I am getting nervous with it coming up but excited to see the school and talk to everyone. Good luck!

Don't be nervous. The interview flies by...20 minutes seems like 2 and the staff is incredibly nice and quite funny at times too. Good luck!

Maybe a grades update, or a new/altered volunteer experience?

That's why I suggested you ask what they expect. I had a school tell me they expected 'updates' from wait listed applicants. Personally, I would have thought otherwise, as they have tons of paperwork to sift through.

I wonder if they decided to wait list at this point in time in order to view the rest of the interviewees since they are only interviewing until April.

You need to write a "letter of intent", it indicates your desire to attend the school and often your absolute willingness to attend if you are accepted. You can google "letter of intent" and "medical school" and you should find some good advice.

I wonder if they decided to wait list at this point in time in order to view the rest of the interviewees since they are only interviewing until April.

It definitely gets trickier as the slots fill up, which is why the advice is to submit your application early in the cycle and to interview ASAP.

Best of luck to all. Be prepared to matriculate as late as a week into the new semester. A lot of movement happens between April and August.

Anybody interviewing thursday?!

Just got an ii, must be one of the last groups interviewing (March 26th) and I'm sure I will be waitlisted, but at least it's a chance, lol

I received an II for 3/26 or 3/28. I selected 3/28 due to previous commitments for the 26th. Is anybody else interviewing on 3/28? I'm OOS and will be flying in on the 27th and thought it might be fun to meet up with other applicants.

I received an II for 3/26 or 3/28. I selected 3/28 due to previous commitments for the 26th. Is anybody else interviewing on 3/28? I'm OOS and will be flying in on the 27th and thought it might be fun to meet up with other applicants.

I am also interviewing on the 28th.

Does anyone know for sure when the last interviews are held. I'm assuming April or may?

Does anyone know for sure when the last interviews are held. I'm assuming April or may?

Hi Dr.Prettieyes, I would suggest you contact the school directly.

And good luck to all of you who are currently on the waitlist, about to interview. Stay positive and hang in there!:)

End of march, 28th

I'm flying into Dothan on the 4th, interviewing the 5th, and leaving the 6th. If anyone wants to meet up and explore or whatever people do during these interview trips, let me know.

I'm interviewing on the 28th and will have to go directly from the interview to the airport. If anybody else is doing the same, you are welcome to share a cab with me!

I'm flying into Dothan on the 4th, interviewing the 5th, and leaving the 6th. If anyone wants to meet up and explore or whatever people do during these interview trips, let me know.
Hey I'm down for getting something to eat to eat on Monday the 4th. If anyone else wants to come send me a message.

Hi All! I was wondering if anyone has heard back who interviewed the week of February 19th or the 21st? I haven't gotten an email or phone call and just wanted to check on here! Thanks in advance!! :)

I know that in my interview they stated that it may take up to two weeks to get a decision... But that was the week prior to when you interviewed.

I know that in my interview they stated that it may take up to two weeks to get a decision... But that was the week prior to when you interviewed.

Thank you! Today makes it two weeks. I'm just excited to find out so wanted to see if anyone from that week has heard already :)

I am flying in tomorrow for the interview on the seventh. If anyone wants to get dinner in the area on the 6th shoot me a PM and we can work out the details!

Do they ever reject anyone?

There have been some rejections that have been sent out. I was told that the waitlist was not a "bad" outcome for their process. It just gives them time to assess the interviewees at a slower rate since there are not many spots left and with it being so late in the cycle.

I have been using this forum extensively without ever contributing so I wanted to just say hi to everyone. I have been accepted at ACOM since 2/5. Can't wait to see all of you in the fall

I just recently interviewed here on March 7th and was pleasantly surprised with the city of Dothan and the school! I was very impressed with the school and the direction they want to move in. I think this is a great school and hope I receive good news soon! Congrats to everyone accepted so far. I think it will be a great program!

I just recently interviewed here on March 7th and was pleasantly surprised with the city of Dothan and the school! I was very impressed with the school and the direction they want to move in. I think this is a great school and hope I receive good news soon! Congrats to everyone accepted so far. I think it will be a great program!

Even though I didn't ultimately choose to attend here, I was really impressed with the program! The fact that the clinical rotations have been established for years, and that it was started by a hospital are huge advantages!

Has anyone on here been accepted either off the wait list or from an interview in the last few weeks?

received my matriculation packet in the mail two days ago so everybody should start getting theirs.

knocking stuff off my list and I feel like a newborn baby because of all the shots we have to get.