Anesthesia Redux - A Basics WW Game Sign Ups & Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So how do you feel about 3m?
Shes on my village to neutral

Lynch Nav
Reasons stated before and I don't want to forget to vote

Members don't see this ad.

Unofficial D1 Lynch Tally

Nav (2)
- AM, Doggo
AM (2) - Strog, BC
Pippy (2) - SAR, dolphin
SAR () -
Strog (2) - Barks, Coop
Coop (1) - Pippy
Doggo (2) - Nav, Miz
BC (1) - genny

12/15
lynch close in ~3 hours

Ooof.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a reason you chose Nav over BC?
It was mostly because of the back and forth you had with him. I didn't like it.

But you said you confused her for me earlier and you had me/her as one of your two firm village reads?
I wouldn't say firm village, just my most village reads. Which is where 3m is now if I would edit that post. I could have put 5 categories in that post but I chose to stick with 3 to make it a little simpler

Since we now have a wacko tie and it may flip to me, don't expect much of a defense from me in the next couple of hours. This is huge crunch time and I am probably going to turn my phone off for a while anyways.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, my friend, you have not even seen the beginning of the fit I can throw ;) this is not even moderately freaking out. But anyways want to explain why you think I'm the best woof possibility?

I don’t necessarily. I just thought it was funny. But because no one appreciates that anymore

unlynch cooplet
Lynch dolphin

Any questions you have for me that would help clear my name?
Village reads are Strogg, Miz
My wolfie feels are BC, Nav, Cubs
Neutral are AM, Coop, Pippy, Barks, Genny
The conversation between AM and Nav felt off to me. I get bringing up past games, but it also really annoyed me cause I have no idea what went on in them and don't have time to go read them either. Also Nav put pressure on me, I tried to answer, but never got a response back?
BC's responses didn't feel right.
Cubs seems off to me and I haven't pinpointed why yet either.
So Nav, BC, and Cubs just feel off? Can you point to things they've said that made you think this way?

And you lynched Nav based on the interaction with AM, but you've only got AM as a neutral read, not a village read?

@cubsrule4e why are you voting dolphino?
Really don’t like the pre-game excitement followed by a flat start to the game, similar to what nav is claiming about pippy. And I understand people get busy but I honestly also am waiting to gauge reactions, just like how you just asked me for reasoning.

So Nav, BC, and Cubs just feel off? Can you point to things they've said that made you think this way?

And you lynched Nav based on the interaction with AM, but you've only got AM as a neutral read, not a village read?
AM's on the villagey neutral side of my scale. I realize now I should have worded/ made it more clear than what I did.
Cubs is solely based off feels.
Here are a few quotes from Nav that I didn't like. I also didn't like that he didn't give me time to respond to his 'pressure', which does not pressure me into doing anything.

Why would you provide me the information backwards to what I had asked for? Whatever, I am not even getting into that.

Yes I started at doggo for pressure. You decided to not provide evidence when asked. I shifted to put further pressure on you.

The rest of your post is semantic crap that I won’t entertain.

So, what posts PRIOR to your post saying Pippy was a villager, “made sense” to you and put her in the village column.

And yes I shade Pippy in every game. Period. Because if I think she is village, I shade her to decrease chance of being wolf killed. If she is wolf, I shade her so I go down with my thoughts on her being wolf (which holds some weight, and decreases the chance that she kills me immediately). Me shading Pippy is NAI. Unless I really start pushing her, switch my vote to her etc. which sometimes I still may even do when I have her as village to decrease chance of being NK’d. Yes I know, 4D chess and all. Even me saying this puts it into a 5D chess world and an endless WIFOM.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
rereading through the Game night thread (since Pippy just necrobumped that one, so I went to it first), guess what the reason I harped on you was? You calling someone village without good reason (Dubz in that game). Wowee did you just set yourself up to be schooled with your owns statistics. There was this post from me before conversion. Also the people that I had claimed as villager thought you were village. I swear AM, this was most of the dishonest approaches you could have taken, and this is almost converting to a principle thing, as you are straight up gaslighting and lying.

"My reads list in case I die: (shaking it up and going villager first this time and in order within colors)

Mizchiefmanaged - have stated reasons on thread already
MsP/Pippy - Have stated reasons on thread already
Dolphin - would be quite surprised if they are a wolf for reasons.
Genny - Unless they never get claimed/rezzer never ends up dead
Katashark - May be overinterpreting something from the thread, but if I am not then they are here. If I misinterpreted, they are neutral, close to wolf read.
Cubsrule4e - I need to go back and see if they wanted to be mayor or seemed to be against the vote that formed on themselves. If they wanted it, change the color to green, if not, move them to orange
Startingovervet - very neutral, has barely said much, would love to hear more than 1 post when they have time to contribute
Dinashadow - A lot of things have set off sketch feels, looked back to my game to read through, and I got the same feelings, even though I knew they were village. Long story short, I am having difficulty reading, so true neutral for me.
Skimble - Contributing.... Almost nothing? Need more from them
DVMDream - Good, sound logic, something still just is rubbing me some way, maybe not the wrong way, I don't know, maybe this is the DVMDream effect Pippy was referring to
Wildzoo - Slight wolf lean at this point, I have said the reasons why on here already.
Finnickthedog - Would be higher up on my wolf reads, but they are more in don't care going to die territory right now. So.... more curious how they will eventually flip
Allieh - Would be higher on my wolf reads if vote didn't turn out how it has been....
Animal Midwife - Something is rubbing me the wrong way, its completely gut and feels, but I am not a fan of it
Sportponies - This has to do with purely wildzoo bringing her up, and seems to know herdecently well/read her well. Even if Wildzoo was a wolf, I would almost want to look at sportponies more.
Barkley - Where my vote is currently "

my vote is staying on AM, don't make me call you on your bs, I will take the time out of my day to show you are FoS. (This was on the first game I looked into as an aside, debating continuing to prove my point here vs. cooling off).
Just did a very quick readthrough and am currently feeling AM- probing questions are such an easy meta to hide behind, especially if they seem helpful and have been helpful in the past. I think her convo with dolphin earlier felt w/w, I think the convo with Nav is w/v (however I don't like that I was agreeing with Nav's reads during my reread lol), and I think the Strog thing yesterday was w/v/v/v. Going off that common denominator, that's who I'm feeling.

Trying my best. Wednesdays are already my absolute busiest days (9-7 nonstop), plus I'm cramming for an exam that's at 8:30 tonight, so if I'm lucky I might be able to get on 30 minutes before lynch close. Will definitely do a more thorough read and be more chatty after the exam is done- really should be studying instead of writing this post as it is lol.

Here are a few quotes from BC. I felt like she never really answered the questions she was asked and kept repeating herself. Like yeah we got it, what else you got.

Like I said, common denominator in three separate conversations that sketched me out.

AM/dolphin convo where they basically just asked each other about their reads felt scripted and fake-involvement-y. Haven’t seen enough from dolphin to make me think otherwise.
You. I think I've made my opinion of that pretty clear.

This part:

"What do you think, fellow villager?"

"This is what I think, fellow villager. What do you think, fellow villager?"

Comes across as insincere to me.

Official tally coming soon. I just finally caught up to this post.
Wow why are there so many pages here
I said 5 posts, not 50, damn

And now some comments...because I can
So random: How is the anesthesia for birbs different than say a doggo?
Birbs don't like to breathe, even more than dogs don't like to breathe (this may not be universal...I've just had a couple cases that I had to breathe for the entire time). Most opioids don't really work great for them. Have pre-medded with midazolam and torb, which you wouldn't use and expect to have any effect in any feisty dog, but works ok for most birbs.

Chamber/mask induction is used a lot in birbs, whereas afaik it's pretty out of favor in dogs - IV drugs are used much more often unless you're in a super old-school practice. Induction via inhalants probably contributes to the respiratory depression...

Intubation is super easy. Birbs have complete tracheal rings so you would use a non-cuffed ET tube. And the tube only goes in a little.

Hypothermia is a problem for any anesthetic patient but birbs seem to be particularly susceptible - their normal body temperature is pretty high and they lose heat real quick.

But I mean overall it isn't wildly different from anesthesia in other species.
I've won every game with them as village but one
Oh no...hydra? :(

But then again basics here is not truly meant to be basics, just more a term that “most of y’all are vanillager”
It's b a s i c I swear

Day 1 Let's Get A Thorough History... Lynch Tally

nav (2)
- AM, doggo
AM (2) - strog, bigcats
pippy (1) - dolphino
SAR () -
strog (2)- barks, coop
coop (1) - pip
doggo (2) - nav, miz
bigcats (1) - genny
dolphin (1) - cubs

12/15 votes

Wow, what a tie!
@Navilly @Animal Midwife @Stroganoff @Doggo Labs You are winning!!!

Missing: @Stagg737 @SARdoghandler @mmmdreamerz

Lynch close 10pm EST, about 1.25 hours, though I wish it was closing in 13 minutes because I'm tired
Start sending in night actions or else night may never close.

They're all greasy and sweaty tho
cat-mechanic

He's helping!

Reactions: 3 users
For everyone who is complaining about the number of pages or how hard it is to catch up... please assign yourself one wolf point. This includes moderators.

Thank you, we now return to discussion.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
For everyone who is complaining about the number of pages or how hard it is to catch up... please assign yourself one wolf point. This includes moderators.

Thank you, we now return to discussion.
But my wolf points are already infinite

Well I'm already exhausted of reading and still not caught up but so far adding Nav and Doggo to my village pile. Possibly Pippy though I need to finish my read before I say that for sure.

When is lynch close in relation to now?

I also want to say I haven't had that village Genny feeling yet but we all saw how well me commenting on Genny went over last game...

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I asked where the wolves were if it's all villagers on Strog. She replied "you (AM)". She hasn't provided further clarification on what that means thus yet.
..... this...... actually clarifies a lot of things lmao. I 100% took that as "well if you think coop, barks, and strog are all villagers, where's the wolf?" and I was like "um hello obviously I'm voting you as wolf, that's how that works", which is why I kept getting so frustrated when you kept repeating what (to me) sounded like the exact same question. Did not read that as you asking me for my other wolf reads at all, otherwise I would've responded differently- I don't tend to try to dodge questions for no reason, but I legitimately thought you were asking me to clarify that yes, I was indeed voting you as wolf, for the third time. Oooookay, my bad lol, glad we got that cleared up eventually.

Reactions: 1 users
..... this...... actually clarifies a lot of things lmao. I 100% took that as "well if you think coop, barks, and strog are all villagers, where's the wolf?" and I was like "um hello obviously I'm voting you as wolf, that's how that works", which is why I kept getting so frustrated when you kept repeating what (to me) sounded like the exact same question. Did not read that as you asking me for my other wolf reads at all, otherwise I would've responded differently- I don't tend to try to dodge questions for no reason, but I legitimately thought you were asking me to clarify that yes, I was indeed voting you as wolf, for the third time. Oooookay, my bad lol, glad we got that cleared up eventually.
Okay so now that we're on the same page, who do you have for wolves?

Those currently losing points for not speaking up enough in rounds:

@Stagg737 - 1/5
@SARdoghandler - 4/5
@mizchiefmanaged - 4/5

You have until night close to meet post requirements. If you disagree with my tallying of your content posts, please submit a complaint to the WW business office and expect a response within 3-5 games.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users