Anesthesia Redux - A Basics WW Game Sign Ups & Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Who's the fourth?

Well since I've already said that you, Nav, and Doggo are in my village reads then BigCats must be the one who isn't.

I cannot get the various mildly inappropriate nicknames for BC out of my head but also don't love the acronym and I am uncomfortable. But that's unrelated

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Unlynch Nav
Lynch BC

I don't feel like being lynched today and she was already on my wolfie list

Members don't see this ad :)
Day 1 Let's Get A Thorough History... Lynch Tally

nav () -
AM (1) - strog
pippy (1) - dolphino
SAR () -
strog ()-
coop (1) - pip
doggo (3) - nav, miz, cats
bigcats (5) - genny, coop, barks, AM, doggo
dolphin (1) - cubs
genny (1) - SAR

13/15 votes

No longer a tie!
@BigCats You are winning!!!

Missing: @Stagg737 @mmmdreamerz

Lynch close 10pm EST, about ONE MINUTE, though I wish it was already closed because I'm tired
Start sending in night actions or else night may never close.

:shrug: Y'all have fun being 0/3 in a row on "times people tried really hard to get BC lynched D1" versus "times BC was a villager".

Reactions: 1 users
This is not an either or. I don't need to vote for one of the leaders if I have bigger sketch reads elsewhere.
No you don't, you also didn't have big sketch reads on genny from what my interpretation was and you felt relatively strongly about doggo. So By my logic you would vote to save the stronger villager. Especially since BC is woof but I get that you don't necessarily agree

Members don't see this ad :)
No you don't, you also didn't have big sketch reads on genny from what my interpretation was and you felt relatively strongly about doggo. So By my logic you would vote to save the stronger villager. Especially since BC is woof but I get that you don't necessarily agree
Don't like this post at all

No, I don't have to vote based on where you think I should. I can vote wherever I like. And I have no strong reads right now, only feels. So your logic cannot be applied to my state of mind :shrug:

:shrug: Y'all have fun being 0/3 in a row on "times people tried really hard to get BC lynched D1" versus "times BC was a villager".
I have no idea what this means since this was the first time you were ever lynched.

unlynch AM
lynch doggo

Still got vibes for AM but especially the last page gave me some vibes for doggo.
You have a lot of vibes. :naughty:

Going off my notes from the speed game, I remember getting suspicious at people who talked randomly about their "vibes" or "feels," as it seems halfway insincere.

You still read villagery to me this game (and I appreciate the defense), but one-line posts that talk about vibes and feels give me a double take.

Going off my notes from the speed game, I remember getting suspicious at people who talked randomly about their "vibes" or "feels," as it seems halfway insincere.

You still read villagery to me this game (and I appreciate the defense), but one-line posts that talk about vibes and feels give me a double take.
You liked my post almost an hour ago and you couldn't lynch someone before the deadline?
Edit: 20 minutes ok

You should probably just lynch me now, just saying.

I don't think I can go a day in ww without talking about feels

******************************************************************************************************
Oh I forgot, in honor of trilt being co-mod, no strategy chatter between lynch close and writeup :p
So its a designated ****posting time? :heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah::shifty:
******************************************************************************************************

Reactions: 2 users
You liked my post almost an hour ago and you couldn't lynch someone before the deadline?
Edit: 20 minutes ok
I slowly read 300+ posts! That took a while. Like I wanted to skim them but I would've lost a bulk of D1 chatter. The Nav-AM thing was interesting.

[Edit: And I was still happy with my initial lynch vote so didn't change it.]

You should probably just lynch me now, just saying.

I don't think I can go a day in ww without talking about feels
Talking about feels and vibes is good! I was just saying that people who haphazardly chime in with one line, "I think ____ is giving me vibes right now." and then poofing seems like fake participation to me, if that makes sense.

I slowly read 300+ posts! That took a while. Like I wanted to skim them but I would've lost a bulk of D1 chatter. The Nav-AM thing was interesting.

[Edit: And I was still happy with my initial lynch vote so didn't change it.]

Talking about feels and vibes is good! I was just saying that people who haphazardly chime in with one line, "I think ____ is giving me vibes right now." and then poofing seems like fake participation to me, if that makes sense.
Vibes

• Haha
Day 1

Everyone set up their anesthesia carts with care, hanging fluids, selecting appropriately sized ET tubes, and leak-checking the machines. Now it was time to talk to the owners and get a full history on each patient!

The baby doctors filed back in with their patients one by one. Some had been more thorough than others. Things were a little bit of a free for all, with no one working through their case in quite the same fashion. One intrepid anesthetist decided she wanted to start off with some fluids for her patient, who she deemed to be mildly dehydrated on her physical exam. Luckily the cat already had an IV catheter from her ER visit the night before. How convenient!

But...the anesthetist hadn't asked enough open ended questions in her history-taking. This cat was in congestive heart failure, and the poor thing was left on a high rate for too long. Fluid overload was her demise.

You have lynched @BigCats, a vanillager
I'd like to point out that I originally planned to run this basics game for the noobs...one noob played...and y'all lynched her d1 :cryi:

Also welcome @johnnaboo, who is subbing in for @mmmdreamerz

It is now Night 1. Deadline is ASAP and I really mean that.

14 players remain
1. @Stroganoff
2. @Animal Midwife
3. @Doggo Labs
4. @dolphin106258
5. @Coopah
6. @PippyPony
7. @Stagg737
9. @genny
10. @SARdoghandler
11. @cubsrule4e
12. @mmmdreamerz ---> @johnnaboo
13. @Barkley13
14. @mizchiefmanaged
15. @Navilly

Dead:
8. @BigCats

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I would have moved Strog village but the one thing that's holding me back there is the repetition of saying he doesn't want to be lynched D1.

On the one hand, I can very easily understand that reaction from the perspective of being excited about the game.
I dunno if Pre-Vet WW is like Lounge WW, but there have been D1 lynch precedents established, and the same poor soul gets lynched every game (almost as a running joke), and I'm like "Oh hell nah, I don't wanna be that person."

But tbh I do get excite about WW so I'll generally have conniptions if I'm leading the vote.

On the other hand, I know he hasn't been a wolf before... and if it was the first time, I could see him being over the top about wanting to live for a couple days and try out the role (which tbh I am ok with letting happen.)

But then I also wonder if other wolves would advise him to quiet down, so I guess I'm leaning it slightly more village overall.
I think genny clarified I've wolfed once. Rojo and other wolf converted me mid-game. It was fun. No woofs died.

But I'm mildly offend that you think my woof strategy is so beginnerish that I as wolf would go "Nuuu, don't lynch me so soon guise!" and show my hand like that.

Hate to break it to you Miz but I don't think sharing votes is the primary method of cootie transmission.

Can you explain why you are voting for Doggo? I am a little confused by your decision to vote there.
I don’t like the discrepancy between actions and her reads list. I get the 3m/miz mix up but 3m hadn’t said much at this point either.

Good luck village! :kiss:

• Love
Those currently losing points for not speaking up enough in rounds:

@Stagg737 - 1/5
@SARdoghandler - 4/5
@mizchiefmanaged - 4/5

You have until night close to meet post requirements. If you disagree with my tallying of your content posts, please submit a complaint to the WW business office and expect a response within 3-5 games.
I’d currently posted 9 times in a cycle at the time this was posted so I think we may have differing ideas on what straight fluff is lol

Serious question: Why are you asking for my reads?
Joking: Is it because you haven't decided whether to NK me or not? You should get your PM in to Dubz. She's tired.
Serious answer: because you were "catching up" for a long time and I want to know what you have learned outside of sitting on an incorrect vote
Joking: Because you're slacking bro.

I’d currently posted 9 times in a cycle at the time this was posted so I think we may have differing ideas on what straight fluff is lol
As I said, complaints to be business office ;)
I could maybe have given you 5 at that point if I stretched it.

• Haha
@WildZoo just make a rez. the vanillager role description in your opening post says no abilities "for now"

seriously, I'm not too thrilled that the new/less experienced players are getting lynched either, but it's not up to the mods to decide who lives and who dies unless they want to get involved with that from a mechanics standpoint, which i think would be more ok in this scenario than it normally would be