Anesthesia Redux - A Basics WW Game Sign Ups & Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So, how many hats are on your menu tonight?
I have never claimed "eat my hat" stage. I was just confident she didn't imagine reading something that wasn't there. My bad

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
@WildZoo just make a rez. the vanillager role description in your opening post says no abilities "for now"

seriously, I'm not too thrilled that the new/less experienced players are getting lynched either, but it's not up to the mods to decide who lives and who dies unless they want to get involved with that from a mechanics standpoint, which i think would be more ok in this scenario than it normally would be
I mean, you could've joined me in lynching Nav and this would not have happened.

I don't think you get to blame me for not sheeping your bad vote
Then where was the good vote? Board options were limited outside of him for non-newer players and I saw no attempts to change that.

I have never claimed "eat my hat" stage. I was just confident she didn't imagine reading something that wasn't there. My bad
She very well could have read it elsewhere -- she has read through a great deal of games from the last few years. One of those games was Omitted, in which dolphin definitely got called out for ghosting because I remember our chaos pack trying to figure out what to do about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
@PippyPony I except something to come from this line of question or you're getting stripped of your village read.

She very well could have read it elsewhere -- she has read through a great deal of games from the last few years. One of those games was Omitted, in which dolphin definitely got called out for ghosting because I remember our chaos pack trying to figure out what to do about it.
I think speculating at this point is useless, I'll keep this in mind for the next time I play with BC

@PippyPony I except something to come from this line of question or you're getting stripped of your village read.
Strip away baby

You are acting like you were somehow just trapped into switching off Nav because no one has been contributing any other viable candidates, which is like...kinda crap. And you were perfectly capable of remaining on the vote you were already on, and if you felt that strongly about it, I think you would have stuck. That sort of fatalism and -- dare I say c h o k e -- does not sit well with me in terms of my village read on you.

Strip away baby

You are acting like you were somehow just trapped into switching off Nav because no one has been contributing any other viable candidates, which is like...kinda crap. And you were perfectly capable of remaining on the vote you were already on, and if you felt that strongly about it, I think you would have stuck. That sort of fatalism and -- dare I say c h o k e -- does not sit well with me in terms of my village read on you.
There was a tie <2 minutes to close with Nav on one of the candidates. Tell me exactly what I should have done differently since lynching a noob is wrong and Nav is a terrible vote. I didn't see comments from you outside of being reasonably displeased with the lower activity. Nothing about where I should move my vote. So this seems rather the unusual talking point post-lynch given all that.

There was a tie <2 minutes to close with Nav on one of the candidates. Tell me exactly what I should have done differently since lynching a noob is wrong and Nav is a terrible vote.
I didn't say Nav was a terrible vote, although I did not feel super inclined to vote there on D1 for reasons I don't feel like enumerating at this time.

I didn't see comments from you outside of being reasonably displeased with the lower activity. Nothing about where I should move my vote. So this seems rather the unusual talking point post-lynch given all that.
Really? ALL of today, the ONLY thing you saw from me was comments about lower activity? Are you serious? Did you bother to look at where I was voting?

Night 1

Everyone was shocked that death had already touched the group so soon. Most of them focused on prepping their patients, determined not to let what had happened to BigCats happen to them. Some had already moved forward with giving medications - perhaps a touch of butorphanol and midazolam, and then a good masking down with isoflurane. Unfortunately, sometimes spending a little more time on prep is a good thing. Between the feather plucking to access her surgical site, the alcohol used as part of the surgical scrub, and her anesthetist forgetting to turn on the warm water blanket, one little birdy never woke up from anesthesia.

Dead is @SARdoghandler, a vanillager

It is now Day 2. Lynch deadline is 10pm EST.

13 players remain
1. @Stroganoff
2. @Animal Midwife
3. @Doggo Labs
4. @dolphin106258
5. @Coopah
6. @PippyPony
7. @Stagg737
9. @genny
11. @cubsrule4e
12. @mmmdreamerz ---> @johnnaboo
13. @Barkley13
14. @mizchiefmanaged
15. @Navilly

Dead:
8. @BigCats - Norm -R
10. @SARdoghandler - Norm-R

You had two votes.

Two.
That's not what I meant. Not the vote dogpile, I meant mocking me and talking about me as if I'm not in the room. I wasn't in a good place last night, and I hope my frustration was clear in my posts. I'm way better today after having gotten a little sleep. Like night and day difference in perception and affect.

Last edited:
I didn't say Nav was a terrible vote, although I did not feel super inclined to vote there on D1 for reasons I don't feel like enumerating at this time.
Okay so where is "bad" on the scale of excellent lynch comparisons then? The point is me voting anywhere but Nav ensures a newer player's lynch. The outcome is expected if he is to be preserved for unknown reasons.

Really? ALL of today, the ONLY thing you saw from me was comments about lower activity? Are you serious? Did you bother to look at where I was voting?
I am referring to the time period when BC was a viable lynch and there was considerable pressure around BC <30 minutes to close. I saw where you were voting, but I did not see any attempt to lure me off the Nav vote or discourage the BC one. That's important.

But for real @Stroganoff , you have to share some reads if you are to be village read. It only benefits wolves for that not to be in the open, which is why wolves often avoid doing it.

Lynch Nav

Day 1 Let's Get A Thorough History... Lynch Tally

nav () -
AM (1) - strog
pippy (1) - dolphino
SAR () -
strog ()-
coop (1) - pip
doggo (3) - nav, miz, cats
bigcats (5) - genny, coop, barks, AM, doggo
dolphin (1) - cubs
genny (1) - SAR

13/15 votes

I'm definitely looking closer at the BC wagon...Coopah and AM and doggo and barks...not sure about genny at this point.

Last edited:
I am referring to the time period when BC was a viable lynch and there was considerable pressure around BC <30 minutes to close. I saw where you were voting, but I did not see any attempt to lure me off the Nav vote or discourage the BC one. That's important.
Mmmk well with that, I am left to conclude that you are in fact ignoring what other people are saying, because it feels like you didn't read a single post I made yesterday.

But for real @Stroganoff , you have to share some reads if you are to be village read. It only benefits wolves for that not to be in the open, which is why wolves often avoid doing it.

Lynch Nav
You must not remember my play style: I share reads often and I'm pretty transparent. I just don't give reads updates in early game, and I hate being nagged for reads. If it makes you feel any better, I still don't feel good about you this game, and I'm trying to figure out if that's confirmation bias/tunneling or not. Like, I already made a joke about you being a wolf, and last game I was 2/2 on my jokes finding wolves.

I still need way more info at this point, and it's way too early. I'm confusing doggo and dolphin for some reason (the D's), and I want Stagg to not be silent, and I wanna say :hello: to johnnaboo for subbing in.

You must not remember my play style: I share reads often and I'm pretty transparent. I just don't give reads updates in early game, and I hate being nagged for reads.
This kind of statement about your own gameplay is virtually meaningless. Play style is an evidence-based thing that other people figure out for themselves by watching you. I could say until I am blue in the face that I prefer to ghost when I wolf and therefore posting in high volumes makes me village, but it does not make it true. The tangible evidence does not back that up.

Reactions: 2 users
Play style is an evidence-based thing that other people figure out for themselves by watching you.
I 100% agree with you. You're preaching to the choir. If you look at the evidence (my past games), you'll see that my play style is pretty transparent. I share how I feel about certain people pretty often. :shrug:

What does this mean? This is a very general statement
It means I didn't feel like the last minute waffling to BigCats was done by 100% villagers. It means I'm getting wolfy feels from the posts of 2-3 people who voted for BC. It means I'm going to go back and more slowly read the posts surrounding the last couple hours prior to the D1 lynch of BC. It means BC read village to me this game so I'm questioning the motives of those who thought BC read wolf.

@dolphin106258 you've been on a couple times -- I want to know why you think I'm a wolf or if you're just voting me because you're scared.

I was voting you because one of your early posts pinged my feels and I’ve definitely been burned by you in the past, I had planned to have more time on my break to catch up and switch votes if needed. I’ll definitely have that time tomorrow, just didn’t today.
Really freaking wish I caught this earlier. Well done dolphino! You gonna vote there or...?
It was actually me that pointed it out.
Yeah I saw it in my reading but then saw AM had already questioned it but since it was about me felt it was worth an official inquiry.