-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Back to the Basics? WW Game Thread
Started by SummerTheLynx
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Black box, you're naked! Quick, put these on! **************************************Hmm...
Black box, you're naked! Quick, put these on! **************************************
*****
Omg! The children!!
*****
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am sorry for this, and this was a mistake on my part. I tried to rectify it by getting on an even basis with it once Devyn mentioned something originally. The next deadline was set 12 hours apart, and this deadline was 12 hours apart from the previous one. I am sorry for messing up originally with that...*************************************
Yup, definitely could not have played this game and kept up.
You all talk way too much and the deadlines aren't even deadlines.... it is all over the damn place. They are also occurring too fast. I like to break from SDN/WW and have a life. Definitely could not have done this game.
And the write ups are all tl;dr.... once they get over 5 or 6 lines my mind instantly scrolls to the bottom to see who died/what happened then I never read the rest.
*************************************
With regards to write ups, I prefer longer write ups. I prefer telling a story. And I like giving a bit of character to my characters. There are other mods who like doing that too, that's just more of a preferential thing.
I was trying to make it fast paced, but once again, I am sorry that I moved too fast. I am sorry for not facilitating that...***************************
There is a difference between a faster pace and moving way too fast.
Also, it has been shown in past games that the vast majority of talk during the lynch happens within the 30-40 minutes before the deadline. People see a deadline and try to make it a point to check in close to when it ends. That is why we have had many times where a lynch completely flips from one person to another 5 minutes before close.
So closing a lynch hours early because not many people are talking, to me, is taking away from the game and making it difficult for everyone to participate. (Minus there being obvious info with big bandwagons).
These games are based on player participation, but if the mod doesn't try to facilitate that, then the game doesn't work as well.
That is just my opinion.
****************************
Once again I am sorry for this. I saw an initial very active response to the game, and I tried to keep it up. I know it couldn't last, so I am sorry did do this for a bit...This is true, but I would never expect players to all be available for multiple days on end whenever I feel like ending things.
![]()
I am sorry again, I tried to lay out the fast paced nature and high activity level prior to sign ups. However, I did go overboard I know, and I am sorry. I changed the way it worked after you made a comment about it yesterday.I think if you are going to run a game where you want to have multiple cycles in a day, not pay attention to deadlines, etc then you need to lay that out before sign ups... people have lives and cannot be around all the time... and some of us live on different time zones as well... it is just not feasible to be around
WW does not need to be 24/7
Also, if you guys are having an issue with how I am doing deadlines or whatever, I would hope that you could just pm me about it and say, "Hey, my timezone difference does not allow me to work with your deadlines, do you think you can shift them?" Or "Hey, you are moving the game too fast paced for some of us, and I think we would appreciate it if you slowed down a bit." I swear to you guys I don't bite, and I would appreciate a quick pm to me which I can then address immediately and efficiently. Or like devyn did, how he mentioned it on the thread and I responded accordingly. If you guys were feeling resentment over the way I was modding then I apologize, but without you telling me, it's hard for me to know.
****I am sorry for this, and this was a mistake on my part. I tried to rectify it by getting on an even basis with it once Devyn mentioned something originally. The next deadline was set 12 hours apart, and this deadline was 12 hours apart from the previous one. I am sorry for messing up originally with that...
With regards to write ups, I prefer longer write ups. I prefer telling a story. And I like giving a bit of character to my characters. There are other mods who like doing that too, that's just more of a preferential thing.
I was trying to make it fast paced, but once again, I am sorry that I moved too fast. I am sorry for not facilitating that...
Once again I am sorry for this. I saw an initial very active response to the game, and I tried to keep it up. I know it couldn't last, so I am sorry did do this for a bit...
I am sorry again, I tried to lay out the fast paced nature and high activity level prior to sign ups. However, I did go overboard I know, and I am sorry. I changed the way it worked after you made a comment about it yesterday.
Also, if you guys are having an issue with how I am doing deadlines or whatever, I would hope that you could just pm me about it and say, "Hey, my timezone difference does not allow me to work with your deadlines, do you think you can shift them?" Or "Hey, you are moving the game too fast paced for some of us, and I think we would appreciate it if you slowed down a bit." I swear to you guys I don't bite, and I would appreciate a quick pm to me which I can then address immediately and efficiently. Or like devyn did, how he mentioned it on the thread and I responded accordingly. If you guys were feeling resentment over the way I was modding then I apologize, but without you telling me, it's hard for me to know.
You're doing a fine job.
****
No need to apologize STL! I think you're doing a great job. I actually like it face paced but I see some people don't and that's ok too. I like your write ups by the way. 🙂
Can't complain about a good story. Plus, you can always just skip to the punchline if you don't care for it
Well, all pms are in so.....
Night closed, results pending...
Night closed, results pending...
Well, all pms are in so.....
Night closed, results pending...
***
You're doing great. It's your game so moderate it as you see fit. Obviously you're willing to work with ppl about deadline issues that have already been addressed, so no worries. You've obviously put a lot of thought and effort into the plot so I'm interested to see how this all pans out
****
Tonight, we follow the epic adventures of LIS, a female vet student who is just trying to get through vet school and make it in this world. Be aware that many of the people in this write up could have made smarter choices. This is why you don't do drugs kids (end public service announcement). What is one way she gets through the average day? By hitting up the local pubs.
So she was at one of the local pubs and finds a strikingly good looking man in a tall black suit, with the MOST gorgeous blue eyes. So naturally, she strikes up a conversation with him. One things leads to another, and she asks him to come back to her place, which is thankfully only a few houses down the street. He looks at his watch and says, "I don't know, there's really something important I am supposed to do tonight..." "Come on," she responds, seductively biting her lower lip. "I can tell you that you won't be disappointed."
The man knows he really has other stuff that he should be doing, but he agrees. I mean he can always do his activity later. So he follows her down the block and heads straight up to her apartment. She asks, "Would you like a glass of wine?" "Of course," says the man, "but the better question is, would you like some of my drugs? The girl just smiles as she grabs the bag of drugs from his hands and starts to roll some of them up.
*The next 2 hours of the story has been blocked courtesy of the rules of the pre-vet forum. Essentially, it is lots of seduction and sex and drugs. Alright, moving on.*
Eventually, LIS, panting difficultly, says, "I honestly can't take any more... I..." and she immediately drops to the floor. LIS is convulsing on the floor. The man in the suit is panicking. "What should I do?" He thinks to himself. "I am so tired I can barely stand and I feel so light headed. Door. Head towards the door. He opens the door to her apartment and shouts out, "Somebody help us!"
Passing by, just as he shouted this was the doctor. "What's wrong? What's going on?"
"She's convulsing, she's on the floor. Help!"
The doctor rushes inside to find LIS on the floor, still convulsing. Now, however, there was a butterfly knife sticking straight out from her rib cage as well. "What did you do to her?" Yells the doctor. "Nothing." shouts back the man, as he stumbles back over towards LIS's body, "one second we were doing some drugs, the next we were having sex, and then she was on the floor convulsing."
"She's suffering symptoms of an overdose." He retorts as he stabs a syringe into her thigh (yes, the doctor is carrying around medical supplies with himself at all times 😛). "That should help with that. But she was freaking stabbed! We need to get her to a hospital stat." The doctor starts to deal with the stab wound.
In the man's drug induced state, he somehow did not think to call 911, but rather called a taxi company to get LIS to the hospital. The taxi driver, @VetAshley2117 was outside of LIS's place within minutes and when he saw the stab wound, rushed everyone to get her in the cab. As soon as she was in, she floored the cab, not letting the doctor get into the cab nor the door close. Why you ask? Well, Vetashley had been sipping on appletinis all night long, and when she saw the blood she panicked in her drunk induced state. She thinks to herself, "Where is the nearest hospital?" She doesn't know where closeby hospitals are. She lives in freaking Staten Island. She could only think of one option.
She heads down to the pier, just as a ferry boat is pulling away. "Shoot" she thinks to herself, "We just missed it." But then shes a ramp and gets a crazy idea, and goes for it. She floors the car to 120 mph, launching her off of the ramp. The car flies in mid air and lands on the ferry boat, squashing an unsuspecting DocEspana. "Phew we made it..."
Now we arrive at the anticlimactic part of our story where the ferry boat slowly moves along while LIS is losing a lot of blood. Thankfully, there were medical personnel on the ferry boat that took care of those that were injured and sick, and thus, they were able to sustain LIS until they got to Staten Island. Once the Ferry arrived, an ambulance (go figure) was waiting for them on the other side.
Vetashley walks off the ferryboat, feeling like he accomplished a life saving event (even though he really just put the poor girl LIS in more danger than she really needed to be in. Someone comes up beside him and says, "Congratulations."
"Thank you," he replies, "I was truly great out there, wasn't I."
"No, you are just as stupid as we thought you were. You are now all alone, with everyone's eyes on the ambulance. We knew that the night would lead you here, the butterfly knife sparking this entire thing. We knew you would be defenseless and alone, and now... dead."
Bang Bang. 2 Shots through the rib cage. And @VetAshley2117 is dead, the Taxi Driver, who could switch 1 person each night from 1 group to another.
In the morning, Rojo notices a foreigner in the game. "Who the heck are you?" asks Rojo.
"Haha rojo, funny joke..."
"No really, who in the world are you, and why are you in the city?"
"Okay, this joke is getting old, I am epivet." Answers the woman.
"You look absolutely nothing like epivet, what in the world are you talking about...."
"Are you okay mayor?" She replies. "I don't really know why I look different to you, but I really am epivet...."
Rojo walks off shaking his head in confusion. "Man, I need to lay off the drugs..."
EPIVET has been replaced by sayabear3 with the exact same role.
There are 22 people left in the game.
Brooklyn
1. @dyachei
3. @kaydubs
4. @devyn
Bronx
1. @Escalla
2. @Chillbo Baggins
3. @WildZoo
4. @hedgiehog
5. @Mad Jack
Queens
1. @Gwenevre
2. @swingnsave
3. @allieh8607
4. @Cyndia
5. @equineconstant
6. @MDreamaker
Manhattan
1. @sayabear3 formally known as @epivetlove
2. @magbags
Staten Island
1. @JaynaAli
2. @UFprevet12
4. @98cats
5. @Jamr0ckin
6. @thedrjojo
7. @LetItSnow
Dead
Wolfspeaker - District Attorney
Blackbox - The Necromancer
SV88 - The Ex-Mayor Turned Head Skeleton
Vetashley2117 - The Taxi Driver
So she was at one of the local pubs and finds a strikingly good looking man in a tall black suit, with the MOST gorgeous blue eyes. So naturally, she strikes up a conversation with him. One things leads to another, and she asks him to come back to her place, which is thankfully only a few houses down the street. He looks at his watch and says, "I don't know, there's really something important I am supposed to do tonight..." "Come on," she responds, seductively biting her lower lip. "I can tell you that you won't be disappointed."
The man knows he really has other stuff that he should be doing, but he agrees. I mean he can always do his activity later. So he follows her down the block and heads straight up to her apartment. She asks, "Would you like a glass of wine?" "Of course," says the man, "but the better question is, would you like some of my drugs? The girl just smiles as she grabs the bag of drugs from his hands and starts to roll some of them up.
*The next 2 hours of the story has been blocked courtesy of the rules of the pre-vet forum. Essentially, it is lots of seduction and sex and drugs. Alright, moving on.*
Eventually, LIS, panting difficultly, says, "I honestly can't take any more... I..." and she immediately drops to the floor. LIS is convulsing on the floor. The man in the suit is panicking. "What should I do?" He thinks to himself. "I am so tired I can barely stand and I feel so light headed. Door. Head towards the door. He opens the door to her apartment and shouts out, "Somebody help us!"
Passing by, just as he shouted this was the doctor. "What's wrong? What's going on?"
"She's convulsing, she's on the floor. Help!"
The doctor rushes inside to find LIS on the floor, still convulsing. Now, however, there was a butterfly knife sticking straight out from her rib cage as well. "What did you do to her?" Yells the doctor. "Nothing." shouts back the man, as he stumbles back over towards LIS's body, "one second we were doing some drugs, the next we were having sex, and then she was on the floor convulsing."
"She's suffering symptoms of an overdose." He retorts as he stabs a syringe into her thigh (yes, the doctor is carrying around medical supplies with himself at all times 😛). "That should help with that. But she was freaking stabbed! We need to get her to a hospital stat." The doctor starts to deal with the stab wound.
In the man's drug induced state, he somehow did not think to call 911, but rather called a taxi company to get LIS to the hospital. The taxi driver, @VetAshley2117 was outside of LIS's place within minutes and when he saw the stab wound, rushed everyone to get her in the cab. As soon as she was in, she floored the cab, not letting the doctor get into the cab nor the door close. Why you ask? Well, Vetashley had been sipping on appletinis all night long, and when she saw the blood she panicked in her drunk induced state. She thinks to herself, "Where is the nearest hospital?" She doesn't know where closeby hospitals are. She lives in freaking Staten Island. She could only think of one option.
She heads down to the pier, just as a ferry boat is pulling away. "Shoot" she thinks to herself, "We just missed it." But then shes a ramp and gets a crazy idea, and goes for it. She floors the car to 120 mph, launching her off of the ramp. The car flies in mid air and lands on the ferry boat, squashing an unsuspecting DocEspana. "Phew we made it..."
Now we arrive at the anticlimactic part of our story where the ferry boat slowly moves along while LIS is losing a lot of blood. Thankfully, there were medical personnel on the ferry boat that took care of those that were injured and sick, and thus, they were able to sustain LIS until they got to Staten Island. Once the Ferry arrived, an ambulance (go figure) was waiting for them on the other side.
Vetashley walks off the ferryboat, feeling like he accomplished a life saving event (even though he really just put the poor girl LIS in more danger than she really needed to be in. Someone comes up beside him and says, "Congratulations."
"Thank you," he replies, "I was truly great out there, wasn't I."
"No, you are just as stupid as we thought you were. You are now all alone, with everyone's eyes on the ambulance. We knew that the night would lead you here, the butterfly knife sparking this entire thing. We knew you would be defenseless and alone, and now... dead."
Bang Bang. 2 Shots through the rib cage. And @VetAshley2117 is dead, the Taxi Driver, who could switch 1 person each night from 1 group to another.
In the morning, Rojo notices a foreigner in the game. "Who the heck are you?" asks Rojo.
"Haha rojo, funny joke..."
"No really, who in the world are you, and why are you in the city?"
"Okay, this joke is getting old, I am epivet." Answers the woman.
"You look absolutely nothing like epivet, what in the world are you talking about...."
"Are you okay mayor?" She replies. "I don't really know why I look different to you, but I really am epivet...."
Rojo walks off shaking his head in confusion. "Man, I need to lay off the drugs..."
EPIVET has been replaced by sayabear3 with the exact same role.
There are 22 people left in the game.
Brooklyn
1. @dyachei
3. @kaydubs
4. @devyn
Bronx
1. @Escalla
2. @Chillbo Baggins
3. @WildZoo
4. @hedgiehog
5. @Mad Jack
Queens
1. @Gwenevre
2. @swingnsave
3. @allieh8607
4. @Cyndia
5. @equineconstant
6. @MDreamaker
Manhattan
1. @sayabear3 formally known as @epivetlove
2. @magbags
Staten Island
1. @JaynaAli
2. @UFprevet12
4. @98cats
5. @Jamr0ckin
6. @thedrjojo
7. @LetItSnow
Dead
Wolfspeaker - District Attorney
Blackbox - The Necromancer
SV88 - The Ex-Mayor Turned Head Skeleton
Vetashley2117 - The Taxi Driver
Last edited:
***********************
Dang it!!!!
************************
Dang it!!!!
************************
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LOL not sure if you really think LIS is female or not but that was a funny mental image
Sorry VetAshley 🙁
Sorry VetAshley 🙁
*****
It's really only missing one thing...
...a skeleton army.
*****
***
I cannot even imagine what would be going on in this game if there was also a skeleton army marching through the streets of NYC
***
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I can't unsee that in my head. Omg.LOL not sure if you really think LIS is female or not but that was a funny mental image
Sorry VetAshley 🙁
********
I cannot even imagine what would be going on in this game if there was also a skeleton army marching through the streets of NYC
***
It would be like Bourbon Street during Mardi Gras in NOLA, except with heads being twisted off. But there will still be beads.
*****
E
Escalla
lol that is hilarious. 

It's not a proper parade unless people are throwing things.*****
It would be like Bourbon Street during Mardi Gras in NOLA, except with heads being twisted off. But there will still be beads.
*****
Also, I love the stories, STL. 👍
E
Escalla
***lynch epivet***
Unless I have a compelling reason not to.
Unless I have a compelling reason not to.
Agreed ###lynch epivet###
Stl I wasn't trying to make you apologize, I just get it. I'm on disability currently, so prob here
Lynch epivet
Lynch epivet
Oh wow that was something else
Sorry Vetash.. Hate loosing a group member!
Lynch Epivet
Sorry Vetash.. Hate loosing a group member!
Lynch Epivet
Lynch epivet
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Lynch epi
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
whoops lynch epi
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
**********
I wasn't done playing!!!! Bring me back!!! Hahahahaha 😉
***********
I wasn't done playing!!!! Bring me back!!! Hahahahaha 😉
***********
Also, I made a poor life choice and drank before playing laser tag with legit type guns throughout my campus, so I will probably not be keeping tally throughout the night. If someone could, then awesome. If not, then I will do it whenever I wake up tomorrow morning before work. Also, Watch for an addition to the write up where epivet has been replaced by sayabear with the exact same role (no need to revote). Also, roster should be posted very shortly.
No, Ik he is a male, but his character, via random distribution, is female, and besides, it adds a little flare to the story 😛.LOL not sure if you really think LIS is female or not but that was a funny mental image
Sorry VetAshley 🙁
Everything is now updated.
******lynch deadline is 12:30 pm est********
******lynch deadline is 12:30 pm est********
Last edited:
E
Escalla
lynch sayabear
I pictured LIS as a woman with that mustache… a mental image that burned
I pictured LIS as a woman with that mustache… a mental image that burned
**lynch sayabear**
Btw I really enjoy your stories STL! You're a great writer with pretty creative imagination.
Btw I really enjoy your stories STL! You're a great writer with pretty creative imagination.
lynch sayabear
I am sorry for this, and this was a mistake on my part. I tried to rectify it by getting on an even basis with it once Devyn mentioned something originally. The next deadline was set 12 hours apart, and this deadline was 12 hours apart from the previous one. I am sorry for messing up originally with that...
With regards to write ups, I prefer longer write ups. I prefer telling a story. And I like giving a bit of character to my characters. There are other mods who like doing that too, that's just more of a preferential thing.
*************************************
No need to apologize, I knew you were planning fast paced, but I looked and was like... woah, could not have ever kept up. I figured maybe it was just due to excitement for modding for the first time, you will find a balance that works for you and the players. No worries. 🙂
And hey to each their own on write-ups... that is a personal thing... I just have severe issues of "squirrel" oh wait what did I just read 3 seconds ago? "squirrel" crap. Ok, well, try again "squirrel"... nevermind... who died? *Look straight to bottom of post* I don't read any of the long write ups... SOV's last game... not a single one was read in full. DocE games... hell no, I can't do it. It would take me hours to read one post because "squirrel". Nothing against people who do long write ups, by all means do what you want, it is your game, have fun with it. I just can't bring myself to read all... ohh look something shiny.... . 😉
****************************************
Unlynch epipen lynch sayssays
*************************************
No need to apologize, I knew you were planning fast paced, but I looked and was like... woah, could not have ever kept up. I figured maybe it was just due to excitement for modding for the first time, you will find a balance that works for you and the players. No worries. 🙂
And hey to each their own on write-ups... that is a personal thing... I just have severe issues of "squirrel" oh wait what did I just read 3 seconds ago? "squirrel" crap. Ok, well, try again "squirrel"... nevermind... who died? *Look straight to bottom of post* I don't read any of the long write ups... SOV's last game... not a single one was read in full. DocE games... hell no, I can't do it. It would take me hours to read one post because "squirrel". Nothing against people who do long write ups, by all means do what you want, it is your game, have fun with it. I just can't bring myself to read all... ohh look something shiny.... . 😉
****************************************
*********
tl;dr
😛
********
lynch saya
I assume there is info or something here....
I can't follow this game well and like DVM can't read long write ups if there was info there haha
I assume there is info or something here....
I can't follow this game well and like DVM can't read long write ups if there was info there haha
Lynch sayabear
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
***************
Sucks that some people don't care enough to read the writeups and just complain complain complain.
Good game so far and AWESOME writeups!
Keep it going!
*****************
Sucks that some people don't care enough to read the writeups and just complain complain complain.
Good game so far and AWESOME writeups!
Keep it going!
*****************
****lynch saya******
And yeah STL don't worry too much about it. I tend to skim writeups since I'm just lazy, but they're great so far, thanks for all the effort modding!
And yeah STL don't worry too much about it. I tend to skim writeups since I'm just lazy, but they're great so far, thanks for all the effort modding!
lynch saya -
lynch saya
unlynch epi, lynch saya
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 32K
- Replies
- 5K
- Views
- 101K