Campbell University (CUSOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted today. Interviewed yesterday :) The interview day was incredibly relaxed and welcoming. Not to mention the group I was interviewing with was beyond awesome and supportive. Fell more in the love with school on interview day.

Good luck to everyone and congratulations to those fellow acceptees!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
I got an II last Friday and still no word-when do you think I should call?

Members don't see this ad :)
I know this has been asked a gazillion times already as I'm following the thread but I have to ask again :rolleyes:......how long did you guys have to wait to hear from the school after you've been verified by AACOMAS?

Will most likely be withdrawing my interview. Hope it goes to one of you, good luck!!

update: I gave them a call and found out that my rejection was due to me being an international student (Canadian). This year they will not be accepting any international students, although they posted they will on the AACOMAS handbook.
Thank you for sharing! Did they say why?

anybody have difficulty doing the drug screen? I submitted the certiphi background check but when I went to do the drug screen, it gave me the same form as the background check. I even signed up for a new account as they said to lol

Just got an interview! OMG it's my first out of all schools I applied to. Tips/suggestions/do any of you remember some of the questions they asked?

Any help would be very appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations @fp4867!! That's great news :) I can't give you any first hand tips but someone on this thread has posted a link with previos interview questions. Do you mind sharing how long it took after AACOMAS verification until you heard back?

Just got an interview! OMG it's my first out of all schools I applied to. Tips/suggestions/do any of you remember some of the questions they asked?

Sit back and enjoy. Campbell is an amazing school. Know your app inside and out and don't go in rehearsed. RELAX. seriously I only had one interview that could be considered even a little stressful.

congrats! Biggest one is knowing why CUSOM (why rural medicine/why Lillington) and why DO. All three of my interviewers asked me that question. Also know your app inside/out, any potential red flags (GPA/MCAT) and know your EC's very well as it relates to you wanting to go into medicine/how they helped you get to where you are.

Will most likely be withdrawing my interview. Hope it goes to one of you, good luck!!

Must have gone to me haha. II! F yeah. Been waiting on Campbell for a while. How long can I expect to wait before they (call?email?) to schedule the date? I want this thing scheduled quick.

Reactions: 1 user
Whoa... they are working this late on a Sunday night...

I know, I was just sitting here and I got this New Email notification. It was the II. What some adcom member was doing sending IIs at this time on a Sunday night is beyond me but I am extremely grateful! Loving Campbell right now.

I know, I was just sitting here and I got this New Email notification. It was the II. What some adcom member was doing sending IIs at this time on a Sunday night is beyond me but I am extremely grateful! Loving Campbell right now.
WOW :eek: That's crazy!! But hey...II is II, right?? haha Great start to the next week!!!

I just got a II a couple of hours ago too! Super excited but so unexpected on a Sunday night. For a moment I thought to myself what if it was a mistake they sent it out, but I doubt that's it. Can't wait for the call to schedule the date and I hope to see some of you there if we end up getting the same date :)

Sit back and enjoy. Campbell is an amazing school. Know your app inside and out and don't go in rehearsed. RELAX. seriously I only had one interview that could be considered even a little stressful.
Thank you so much! :) I appreciate it!

congrats! Biggest one is knowing why CUSOM (why rural medicine/why Lillington) and why DO. All three of my interviewers asked me that question. Also know your app inside/out, any potential red flags (GPA/MCAT) and know your EC's very well as it relates to you wanting to go into medicine/how they helped you get to where you are.
Perfect! Thank you! I noticed that on the CUSOM interview advice/questions page (which I recently discovered).

Someone here must have been working late on a sunday, I got a complete email today too

To the people who got II's tonight.... when were you complete?

To the people who got II's tonight.... when were you complete?

I actually never received a "complete" email..although I did send in my secondary on the 15th of this month and received notification by email that it was received by the school the next day

Rejected post-interview. Emailed them hoping to get some feedback as to why, because I felt the interviews went well (one interview VERY well, an in depth conversation and he spent the last five minutes complementing me). It seems like the acceptance rate would be higher for those with II this early, and I (thought I) had good answers for why DO/CUSOM/Rural. Do they reject based on pieces of the application, or interview alone? I must be forgetting some serious faux pas if I was rejected because of the interview day. 3.3/3.4 GPA 22, 22, 28 MCAT, Great ECs. Any insight on those they reject?

Rejected post-interview. Emailed them hoping to get some feedback as to why, because I felt the interviews went well (one interview VERY well, an in depth conversation and he spent the last five minutes complementing me). It seems like the acceptance rate would be higher for those with II this early, and I (thought I) had good answers for why DO/CUSOM/Rural. Do they reject based on pieces of the application, or interview alone? I must be forgetting some serious faux pas if I was rejected because of the interview day. 3.3/3.4 GPA 22, 22, 28 MCAT, Great ECs. Any insight on those they reject?

Nobody can really know their criteria for considering admissions, but they should be able to tell you why you were rejected.

I would guess it is a combination of your GPA and MCAT if your interview went very well. They may not be confident because your MCAT was retaken twice, and two of the scores were pretty low. Your GPA is also borderline, as they autoreject applicants with a 3.2 GPA.

Or perhaps the interview didn't go as well as you thought. Let's see what CUSOM says.

I just got a II a couple of hours ago too! Super excited but so unexpected on a Sunday night. For a moment I thought to myself what if it was a mistake they sent it out, but I doubt that's it. Can't wait for the call to schedule the date and I hope to see some of you there if we end up getting the same date :)

Someone here must have been working late on a sunday, I got a complete email today too

The admin here is very much so into the whole interview/acceptance process. They are close with students and really want to pick a great class, so this doesn't surprise me at all! You'll most likely meet Joy who is actually one of the sweetest people! She pretty much leads your entire interview day and walks you everywhere and makes you relax :)

The admin here is very much so into the whole interview/acceptance process. They are close with students and really want to pick a great class, so this doesn't surprise me at all! You'll most likely meet Joy who is actually one of the sweetest people! She pretty much leads your entire interview day and walks you everywhere and makes you relax :)

Such goods things I'm hearing already! Thanks for the info!

Nobody can really know their criteria for considering admissions, but they should be able to tell you why you were rejected.

I would guess it is a combination of your GPA and MCAT if your interview went very well. They may not be confident because your MCAT was retaken twice, and two of the scores were pretty low. Your GPA is also borderline, as they autoreject applicants with a 3.2 GPA.

Or perhaps the interview didn't go as well as you thought. Let's see what CUSOM says.

If my scores are the case, which I hope is the reason, I don't understand why they would interview in the first place. Stats aren't going to change on interview day. Alas, I shall update if/when I get feedback from CUSOM.

I think its your stats because you took the MCAT 3 times, but I dont know why they would interview you, not fair!! But try to find out a reason and keep us updated! Best of luck to you this cycle!

I have received an interview but it has been over a week I never heard back! wtf!! I even emailed them.. no response!

I have received an interview but it has been over a week I never heard back! wtf!! I even emailed them.. no response!

Accepted earlier in the cycle, but I will not be attending. CUSOM is an awesome school, good luck to the rest of you!

II, but haven't been contacted to schedule yet. Did you have a lot of dates to select from? I'm thinking the first week of November but i'm not sure if that'll be too far away for them.

II, but haven't been contacted to schedule yet. Did you have a lot of dates to select from? I'm thinking the first week of November but i'm not sure if that'll be too far away for them.

I called them and no response, and I even emailed no response, been over a week, i really want to interview here asap

When were you guys complete?

I was complete a week or two ago. Not long ago at all.

I called them and no response, and I even emailed no response, been over a week, i really want to interview here asap

Oh, they still haven't gotten back to you after an entire week to schedule your interview? Well, I'm hoping they don't rush it for me. I'm wanting most of my interviews to be done in late October until November. That way I'll be able to choose among what I hope to be a couple or more acceptances.

Just got the call to schedule the interview! Interview scheduled for 11/3/2015! Hopefully ill see you guys there

I got an interview invite two weeks ago on Wednesday and still haven't heard anything. Hopefully if you're all being scheduled today, I'll hear something.

Got an II Sunday. Such a nice surprise. I'm anxious to get an interview date. Hearing so many great things about this school.