2021-2022 Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waitlisted post interview

I hope I get a clear answer by May

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Are you trying to send them something? If not, call them!
I sent them something about the interview a while back, and then just reached out again with a question but they have not responded so I think I'll give them a call, thanks!

Can I ask when you interviewed? Sounds like this is relatively good news though since people are getting post interview Rs!
2/8!! It was definitely what I was hoping for. I was also very proactive about sending them updates. I think they really want to know that you want to go here.

For those admitted-did you guys receive the email about the admitted students day, and does anyone plan on going?

When did you get it and what is the headline of it?
Got mine on Feb 10th, and headline was "[Cusom26] Welcome to CUSOM!". I got my A in December so not sure of if the timing of acceptance has anything to do with when you receive it?

Got mine on Feb 10th, and headline was "[Cusom26] Welcome to CUSOM!". I got my A in December so not sure of if the timing of acceptance has anything to do with when you receive it?
I did not get that but I got my acceptance in October so idk lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody what types of things CUSOM provides? I know some schools give out iPads (or vouchers for discounts). I want to upgrade all my tech before coming!

I interviewed here 2/16 and it’s my top choice so I really can’t wait to hear back. How soon did everyone else hear back from them? And if the class is full does their waitlist have tiers?

I interviewed here 2/16 and it’s my top choice so I really can’t wait to hear back. How soon did everyone else hear back from them? And if the class is full does their waitlist have tiers?
I heard back just over a week after my interview. It seems like people from last year said the WL is assigned tiers in May after traffic deadlines and stuff have passed

Does anybody what types of things CUSOM provides? I know some schools give out iPads (or vouchers for discounts). I want to upgrade all my tech before coming!
We are provided with a Dell 15XPS (i think that's the model). I prefer my mac, a lot of people don't use their school computer for anything other than taking the exams, some people use it exclusively for personal and school. I think it just depends if you like it. If you are going to use it for notes and whatnot, i would recommend getting a bamboo stylus.

Last edited:
Anyone heard back from the 2/16 interview? CUSOM is my top choice and I’m getting antsy

Withdrew my A today, best of luck to everyone and hope it goes to one of y'all!

Reactions: 1 users
Just got an II today, OOS. My B/B mcat score is below their requirement which they emailed me about back in September so I’m surprised they sent me an II!

Hi guys! I'm visiting the area next week and wondering what I should check out while I'm down there? Other than campus obviously haha. Thanks in advance!

Anybody know of any recent waitlist movement?

Current first year.

I actually really enjoy the laptop they provided us! 16gb of ram, touch, flips into a tablet. I bought a Dell Stylus which is what I use the most with the laptop.

Has anyone started looking at places to live? I was looking at Fuquay Varina and Holly Springs area because I wanted to be closer to Raleigh. Anyone else looked in this area? All the 1 bdrm spots are 1300+ :/ kinda pricey.

I'd like to see a response to this question. However, assuming all things being equal (same number of placements per 13 locations, no difference among the 13 locations, etc) then the odds is only 7%. If Raleigh is a "preferred" location with more requests, then maybe worse?!?!

Regional Clinical Campuses - Medicine - Campbell University
The sites don’t all have the same number of placements and Raleigh is one of the bigger ones, but I don’t have the exact numbers on that. It’s also the most ranked for no.1 preference, but nowhere near 100% of the class is ranking it that high. I’d say at least a slight majority of people who want to go there will, if not higher. Also note that basically anywhere else on the list is practically guaranteed if you want to go there first, and there’s some really solid hospitals, I’d dare say better in terms of training than Raleigh (based on anecdotal evidence from upperclassmen), that I personally plan on ranking higher. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone started looking at places to live? I was looking at Fuquay Varina and Holly Springs area because I wanted to be closer to Raleigh. Anyone else looked in this area? All the 1 bdrm spots are 1300+ :/ kinda pricey.
the housing market is very hot and with that goes with high price rents....

The sites don’t all have the same number of placements and Raleigh is one of the bigger ones, but I don’t have the exact numbers on that. It’s also the most ranked for no.1 preference, but no where near 100% of the class is ranking it that high. I’d say at least a slight majority of people who want to go there will, if not higher. Also note that basically anywhere else on the list is practically guaranteed if you want to go there first, and there’s some really solid hospitals, I’d dare say better in terms of training than Raleigh (based on anecdotal evidence from upperclassmen), that I personally plan on ranking higher. Hope this helps!
Really appreciate the response!

For rotations, what is our chances of getting our desired campus?

I am interested in Raleigh.
I am not sure the exact numbers, I can tell you that Raleigh has been the most desired site in the past. I would guess that over 60% of the class rank it in the top 3. You also have to factor in students that submit hardship requests, which takes away from the available spots. Our medical education team does try their best to ensure everyone gets one of their top 3 choices. If you don't get your site of choice, there is also a swap week available where you can try to trade with another student at your desired site, but that is also not guaranteed.

Each site has a lot of different perks, so if you are an incoming student, you should wait until you learn about each of them before making your decision. While Raleigh is the ideal location, there is less opportunity for hands on learning at WakeMed due to the number of residents and med students from surrounding programs. Consider what is important to you during your clinical experience and choose the site that aligns most closely with your training goals. In addition, site expectations from Dr. Tolentino are the same at every site, so you will be well prepared for residency regardless of your training site. When I was ranking, my driving factor was being able to do procedures and manage patient care, I did not want to have a long list of all the things I watched. I personally ranked Raleigh near the bottom based on what I had heard from the 3rd and 4th years currently rotating there. Hope that helps! LMK if you have any other questions.

Hey everyone! I have an interview with CUSOM on 3/29. From what I understand, it is a traditional open file interview. Do they throw in any MMI questions such as ethical scenarios? Thank you!

Hey everyone! I have an interview with CUSOM on 3/29. From what I understand, it is a traditional open file interview. Do they throw in any MMI questions such as ethical scenarios? Thank you!
I don’t think they did for me....it was very much all about me and my application

I don’t think they did for me....it was very much all about me and my application
Does anyone know if this is a requirement?

• Six additional upper level (300-400 or beyond) science hours. Note: The following courses are highly recommended – Biochemistry, Genetics, Immunology Microbiology and Anatomy & Physiology.
And on a different page:

• Recommended: 6 hours in upper-level biomedical courses 300 level or above (anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, immunology, microbiology, or genetics) Labs to be included.
And on a different page:

• Six additional upper (300 level and above) biomedical science hours are favorable. Please note- courses in Biochemistry, Genetics, Immunology Microbiology, and Anatomy & Physiology) are highly recommended.

Can you please tell me if the 300/400 science hours are a requirement or just recommended?

I have taken biochem, genetics, microbiology, physiology, and anatomy but at my school they are 200 level classes. Is that an issue here?

Does anyone know if this is a requirement?

• Six additional upper level (300-400 or beyond) science hours. Note: The following courses are highly recommended – Biochemistry, Genetics, Immunology Microbiology and Anatomy & Physiology.
And on a different page:

• Recommended: 6 hours in upper-level biomedical courses 300 level or above (anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, immunology, microbiology, or genetics) Labs to be included.
And on a different page:

• Six additional upper (300 level and above) biomedical science hours are favorable. Please note- courses in Biochemistry, Genetics, Immunology Microbiology, and Anatomy & Physiology) are highly recommended.

Can you please tell me if the 300/400 science hours are a requirement or just recommended?

I have taken biochem, genetics, microbiology, physiology, and anatomy but at my school they are 200 level classes. Is that an issue here?
I doubt that it will be if they were upper div courses....different schools label classes differently. You should call & ask tho...they’re very approachable

I doubt that it will be if they were upper div courses....different schools label classes differently. You should call & ask tho...they’re very approachable
Thank you! Do you know if those classes are requirements though? I see different things on the website.

Thank you! Do you know if those classes are requirements though? I see different things on the website.
I dont believe its a requirement if you have your prereqs done. I think they would just prefer to see some evidence that you did decent on upperdiv science courses but if you fulfilled all the requirements that showed on the AACOMAS application (when you had to select courses for each requirement) you should be fine

I know they have a 100% match rate but does anyone know what percentage of this is students who end up going through SOAP?

Hello! For the question on secondary saying"Which person in your life has contributed the most to your choice of a career in medicine?" are you going to describe why or just state their name? It's weird because it doesn't really ask or say how many characters, so I originally just put a name but someone else wrote a paragraph about it. Thanks!!
Is this another essay prompt in addition to the questions stated above?

Current MS1 Here - If anyone is planning to move down early, my roommates and I are looking to sublease our 3BR/3BA unit at Campbell Creek from June 1st to July 15th. DM if you are interested or have any questions!

Hello, Current MSII here. I am renting out the house I am living in now as I have to move for rotations. Its about 6 minutes from the medical school, built in 2017 and the common areas are furnished beautifully. Each room has its own bathroom and walk in closet. Please don't hesitate to PM if interested!

Hi everyone! I'm starting in the fall and looking for housing that allows pets, preferably 1BR or studio but I'm willing to explore other options. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know or message me!