CCOM Discussion thread 2008-2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
soooo the doctor I do research with FINALLY completed my physician LOR! whoo! But qs about sending it to CCOM...it is on interfolio! can i send it electronically? or do I really have to send it through the postal mail! Andddd do you guys think it is worth spending the money overnighting it? orr will it take so long for my file to be reviewed does it not matter? Thanks for any advice :)

Members don't see this ad.

soooo the doctor I do research with FINALLY completed my physician LOR! whoo! But qs about sending it to CCOM...it is on interfolio! can i send it electronically? or do I really have to send it through the postal mail! Andddd do you guys think it is worth spending the money overnighting it? orr will it take so long for my file to be reviewed does it not matter? Thanks for any advice :)

Looks like you have to snail mail it. Source.

Don't waste your money on overnighting. Priority (depending on where you live) might only take 2 days to get there, for 20% of the price. I'd get the cheapest delivery confirmation to ease your nerves about whether they got the letter or not.

Hi all, I haven't been on the forums in a while because I'm currently touring in Europe but I just scheduled my interview for CCOM on 10/14! I'm very excited! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
So, I know I am probably just over reacting and getting too jittery but they had all my files and required materials by September 20th and I still haven't heard from them about an interview. My MCAT is a 33P (11, 9, 13) but my GPA is sub par at 2.92. How heavily does CCOM focus on a GPA ?? On a statistical basis, is the general opinion that a strong MCAT out weighs a weak GPA, and vice versa ?? I have already been accepted to LECOM and had interviews at UNECOM and another coming up at KCOM, but still haven't heard from CCOM. Probably overreacting and being a typical premed, just asking some opinions out there.

So, I know I am probably just over reacting and getting too jittery but they had all my files and required materials by September 20th and I still haven't heard from them about an interview. My MCAT is a 33P (11, 9, 13) but my GPA is sub par at 2.92. How heavily does CCOM focus on a GPA ?? On a statistical basis, is the general opinion that a strong MCAT out weighs a weak GPA, and vice versa ?? I have already been accepted to LECOM and had interviews at UNECOM and another coming up at KCOM, but still haven't heard from CCOM. Probably overreacting and being a typical premed, just asking some opinions out there.

Well you weren't auto-screened, and it hasn't been that long for your application. Give it time. Congrats on the other schools!

Well you weren't auto-screened, and it hasn't been that long for your application. Give it time. Congrats on the other schools!

Yeah and I have been complete there since August and still haven't heard anything. I keep thinking I am going to get a rejection letter in the mail soon but the lady in the admissions office told me to keep my head up. I guess some times it is common for you not to hear anything for a while. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the both of us. Although its getting harder and harder everyday. I really would like at least an interview at CCOM its one of my top choices!

Yeah and I have been complete there since August and still haven't heard anything. I keep thinking I am going to get a rejection letter in the mail soon but the lady in the admissions office told me to keep my head up. I guess some times it is common for you not to hear anything for a while. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the both of us. Although its getting harder and harder everyday. I really would like at least an interview at CCOM its one of my top choices!

hey fellow michigander! =) Just to let you know, I was completed @ CCOM on August 10. And I just received an invite to interview this wednesday (Oct 8) I kept thinking I was just going to get a rejection letter in the mail too! But stay positive, it'll happen!

hey fellow michigander! =) Just to let you know, I was completed @ CCOM on August 10. And I just received an invite to interview this wednesday (Oct 8) I kept thinking I was just going to get a rejection letter in the mail too! But stay positive, it'll happen!

Oh my gosh! That is great news! Congratulations to you! That makes me feel a lot better now. When is your interview date?

Oh my gosh! That is great news! Congratulations to you! That makes me feel a lot better now. When is your interview date?

my interview is november 4. there were 2 dates available. and not even thinking about it, i chose election day. haha. ohhhhhhhhhhh well guess i won't be voting this year!

my interview is november 4. there were 2 dates available. and not even thinking about it, i chose election day. haha. ohhhhhhhhhhh well guess i won't be voting this year!

I had a choice between the 4th and the 6th....live in a swing state so I am gonna go an "knock and drag" voters to the booth that day. Although it would be cool to be in Chicago for the big party! Anyone else on the 6th?

I bet you could probably call them and reschedule it to the 6th. They would understand. Voting is important.

do they have an absentee voting system in your state? my state uses mail-in ballots.

do they have an absentee voting system in your state? my state uses mail-in ballots.

The only problem with that is at least in my state the deadline to sign up for an absentee ballot has already passed.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had a choice between the 4th and the 6th....live in a swing state so I am gonna go an "knock and drag" voters to the booth that day. Although it would be cool to be in Chicago for the big party! Anyone else on the 6th?

I am! See you there?

So I was complete on 9/2 and haven't heard anything. I've gotten interviews from numerous other places (including AZCOM) but have yet to hear anything from CCOM. Anyone else in a similar situation?

Yeah- I have been complete there since the 26th of August and still have not heard anything....

So I was complete on 9/2 and haven't heard anything. I've gotten interviews from numerous other places (including AZCOM) but have yet to hear anything from CCOM. Anyone else in a similar situation?

yup I've been complete for exactly 4 wks. still nothin :(. what stats do those that have been complete for a few weeks and haven't heard back yet have? (me = 3.5 gpa, 3.3 science, 30 mcat, 2 yrs total research, etc.)

Hey all, I interviewed today. I was very impressed with CCOM! Everyone was very warm and inviting. The Dean spoke to us and seems like a very competent, very warm person. The students were amazingly helpful. I ended up getting a ride to the train station from one of the students that did our tour. The area is amazing. A lot of the students live there in Downers Grove, but a lot of the students commuted from downtown Chicago and other surrounding areas. I took the Metra train there from downtown and arrived at Downers in 20 minutes (it was the express train that leaves downtown at 7:20 AM). The train ride back to the city took about 40 minutes, because it was a commuter. I would love to attend this school. I'm hoping for the best!

yup I've been complete for exactly 4 wks. still nothin :(. what stats do those that have been complete for a few weeks and haven't heard back yet have? (me = 3.5 gpa, 3.3 science, 30 mcat, 2 yrs total research, etc.)

It took me about a month to get an invite, I wouldn't start fretting yet

I interviewed the day after the committee met in september (9/26) :mad:, any word on when the committee is meeting this month??

I tried to get it out of the admissions committee member, but she wouldn't budge, haha. Actually, it really does sound like they didn't know when they would meet because of busy schedules, etc. etc. Sorry.

I interviewed the day after the committee met in september (9/26) :mad:, any word on when the committee is meeting this month??

meganmarie said:
I interviewed the day after the committee met in September (9/26) :mad:, any word on when the committee is meeting this month??

From what I was told at the interview, the admissions committee meets once a month at the end of the month. So they'll probably be meeting again in a couple of weeks. And then after they accept you (which I'm sure they will!), the acceptance has to get approved by the dean before you are notified. So even though the committee met on 9/26 last month, most people were not notified of a decision until 10/2 or 10/3.

Last edited:
Wohooo just got an interview!!! Is it really better to schedule asap? and how much does it really matter?

...I thought Id never get one from them, so just hang in there..

Wohooo just got an interview!!! Is it really better to schedule asap? and how much does it really matter?

I waited to schedule mine. They open spots about 1 month in advance.

Aw, congrats! I'm pulling for you-we'll show certain people in tidewater VA what's what.

Now I'm just waiting for my own interview here! :oops:

do they send interview invites through email or what?
i interviewed there last year and got a letter in the mail
but today i was checking my midwestern online account and went to interview scheduling (just for the hell of it)
and it said i could schedule one for chicago (COOL!!)
but yeah, just wondering if they send it through email, why i didn't get an email letter...

also, is anyone else interviewing 11/15?
i'll see you there!

do they send interview invites through email or what?
i interviewed there last year and got a letter in the mail
but today i was checking my midwestern online account and went to interview scheduling (just for the hell of it)
and it said i could schedule one for chicago (COOL!!)
but yeah, just wondering if they send it through email, why i didn't get an email letter...

Email, yeah. If you can schedule online, then go ahead. Lots of people discovered their interviews, first, this way. You should get an email soon, though. If you don't hear from them for a while, call them.

Ok so in 5 days it will be exactly 2 months since I have been complete and still no news. What should I do? I really want an interview here, I LOVE this school! I don't have the best stats, but I don't think they are awful either... Should I call the admissions office? and if so, what should I say? Getting discouraged...

Ok so in 5 days it will be exactly 2 months since I have been complete and still no news. What should I do? I really want an interview here, I LOVE this school! I don't have the best stats, but I don't think they are awful either... Should I call the admissions office? and if so, what should I say? Getting discouraged...

Yeah, I'm wondering this, too....I haven't been complete as long as you, but I'm getting a wee bit anxious regardless. That, and I would like to avoid Chicago in Dec/Jan if at all possible, talk about not interview-friendly weather. Plus, O'Hare becomes a mess and a half around then.

Anyone interview around 9/29, when I interviewed? Do you know when admissions will roll out their decisions? Michael Laken did say we'd hear back middle to end of October, no later than end of October. Just getting curious because if I get in, I'm cancelling 5 interviews that I don't have PTO days from work nor can afford to go to :)

Anyone interview around 9/29, when I interviewed? Do you know when admissions will roll out their decisions? Michael Laken did say we'd hear back middle to end of October, no later than end of October. Just getting curious because if I get in, I'm cancelling 5 interviews that I don't have PTO days from work nor can afford to go to :)

I interviewed 10/3 and they said that the admissions committee meets once a month - at the end of the month. So, we have a few weeks left til we know :(.

Hey everyone who interviewed around 9/29, I spoke with admissions and she said they're sending out decision letters right now for my interview group (and perhaps those dates close to mine) so check your mail!!

Hey everyone who interviewed around 9/29, I spoke with admissions and she said they're sending out decision letters right now for my interview group (and perhaps those dates close to mine) so check your mail!!

If they're mailing letters, you should be able to check your status online. Don't freak out if you don't see anything, unless someone else from your day sees that they're accepted.

Just click on one of the two Post-Accepted tabs.

If they're mailing letters, you should be able to check your status online. Don't freak out if you don't see anything, unless someone else from your day sees that they're accepted.

Just click on one of the two Post-Accepted tabs.

I interviewed 9/29 and I checked my status online. Nothing under either Post-accepted links... anybody else see something different? Does CCOM hate me?

Man you all got me really anxious - Proctodoc, did you just find that out today? I checked online and nothing's up yet.

Man you all got me really anxious - Proctodoc, did you just find that out today? I checked online and nothing's up yet.

Avervisal - yes, I called CCOM admissions about 1:00pm this afternoon and the lady said they are sending decision letters starting now for 9/29 interviews. I guess we can also find out by checking our status page, but my status page has no change. When did you interview?

Maybe I shouldn't have propagated anxiety. Like I said, don't worry about it yet. As a matter of fact, maybe they had problems or didn't like that people knew online from the first round and changed their policy. Who knows.

I interviewed on 10/14. I hope I'm included in the batch so that I can cancel my other interviews! I'm guessing that the status page should be updated by tomorrow, so I'm gonna try my best to refrain from compulsively checking every 5 minutes!

That is interesting...I have gotten an interview from CCOM but nothing from AZCOM

I interviewed 9/26 and have not had an update to my status page

That is interesting...I have gotten an interview from CCOM but nothing from AZCOM

It's easy to assume that you'll have similar results with these schools, but they are completely separate with a lot of non-overlapping applicants. This is highly attributable to geography, probably.

I was complete for 12 days before getting an invite via email, but on their webpage I could set a interview date after 7 days. So my point is, check their website once in a while, they don't seem to update it all the time.

hey i got my ccom invite 2 week after being complete. with azcom they had about 5 dates with new ones updated every couple of days. ccom had 1 day when i checked 3 days ago and now its only up to 3. anyone know if you can find out what dates will be entering the rotation ahead of time?

hey i got my ccom invite 2 week after being complete. with azcom they had about 5 dates with new ones updated every couple of days. ccom had 1 day when i checked 3 days ago and now its only up to 3. anyone know if you can find out what dates will be entering the rotation ahead of time?

I called the office to ask what dates were going to be made available. They won't let you schedule over the phone, but you can anticipate that new dates will be added about a month in advance.

I'm sorry if this has already been answered, but how do I get CCOM my MCAT scores? I took it two years ago, and all of my other schools have it with no problems (it was already released to AACOMAS). On my CCOM checklist, it still has an "X". Any ideas?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.