CCOM Discussion thread 2008-2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Airlife. I went through the same situation last year. After my interivew, I didn't hear back from CCOM for well over 6 weeks. During this time I was receiving acceptance at other schools, which of course needed deposits before I ended up hearing back from CCOM. The school is notorious for being slow with its communication. I don't know if you have contact information with the other students you interviewed with, but if so, try contacting them to see if they have been accepted yet. If they have and you still haven't heard anything, you may want to place your deposit at another school for safety's sake.

Hey udsoccer - I'm actually still post secondary, haven't interviewed yet, still waiting for the invite (been over 7 weeks). Its okay though, I have acceptances elsewhere.

Members don't see this ad.

OMG i got in too..YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
I already live in Chicago and it was my top choice :)

Hey udsoccer - I'm actually still post secondary, haven't interviewed yet, still waiting for the invite (been over 7 weeks). Its okay though, I have acceptances elsewhere.

Oh well in that case sit tight. I submitted my secondary in November and didn't get have an interview until March. There are lots of candidates to consider. Its too early to start worrying.

Members don't see this ad :)
Knowing there are people on this board who still have not heard back from the adcom calms me down abit.

Pretty psyched. My first one. I interviewed on Oct. 6th, really liked to school. Trying not to think about the 300K I'll be in debt though.

I interviewed on 10/20 and haven't heard anything either..

I also interviewed on 10/20 and haven't heard anything...I wonder when they'll be getting back to us!?

I checked my status page and it said you have been accepted to more than one program (AZ and Chicago) :) I'm so happy! I interviewed on October 3! Good luck everyone!!

I also interviewed on 10/20 and haven't heard anything...I wonder when they'll be getting back to us!?

I interviewed 10/23 and they said we will hear by the end of November. Unfortunately, you guys may have to wait until then too.

I interviewed 10/23 and they said we will hear by the end of November. Unfortunately, you guys may have to wait until then too.

Ronica you have some bad luck, having to wait for over a month for both CCOM and UNECOM.

yup I've been complete for exactly 4 wks. still nothin :(. what stats do those that have been complete for a few weeks and haven't heard back yet have? (me = 3.5 gpa, 3.3 science, 30 mcat, 2 yrs total research, etc.)

I was complete 10/3 and haven't heard anything. GPA = 3.4, Science 3.0, MCAT 32, 2 years research.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ronica you have some bad luck, having to wait for over a month for both CCOM and UNECOM.

Haha! I only have 2 weeks for Western and DMU. It's ok because I got into Western! :D

The worst is VCU. They only have 4 acceptance dates...interviewed 10/2 and MIGHT be able to hear something dec 15 if not one of the later dates in feb or march.

Last edited:
The worst is VCU. They only have 4 acceptance dates...interviewed 10/2 and MIGHT be able to hear something dec 15 if not one of the later dates in feb or march.

wow dude that sucks, how bad do you want to go there?

wow dude that sucks, how bad do you want to go there?

im not holding my breath, but i really enjoyed my stay and interview there. richmond was a great city i'd like to live in. we'll see what happens!

that said, i will be happy with any of the DO schools I interviewed at and am leaning DO anyway :D

How long does it take roughly to hear about a possible interview?

I'm playing the waiting game too... been complete since 10/2 and haven't heard anything yet. I'm getting antsy!

I'm playing the waiting game too... been complete since 10/2 and haven't heard anything yet. I'm getting antsy!

You think that's bad...I've been complete since the middle of September, and still nothing!

You think that's bad...I've been complete since the middle of September, and still nothing!

Just glanced at some of the recent CCOM invites and those people were complete for 1-2 months before getting the invite. I'm sure you guys haven't been overlooked.

no wonder my status didn't change online, cause I got waitlisted :confused:!!! I couldn't believe it to be honest.....but my heart is set on DMU anyways :love:. Good luck to everyone else on the alternate list!!

no wonder my status didn't change online, cause I got waitlisted :confused:!!! I couldn't believe it to be honest.....but my heart is set on DMU anyways :love:. Good luck to everyone else on the alternate list!!

That sucks about getting waitlisted, but it's great that you already have an acceptance that you are happy with! I really hope I get into DMU too!

I am also still waiting to hear. My app was complete sometime early Sept. Ahhhhhh Please interview me soon! CCOM is my first choice!

Hi guys, I'm starting quite late in the process, and I was wondering if anyone can clear up this issue for me. Does CCOM accept letters of recommendation from interfolio? Or do the recommenders HAVE to mail in the letters? Thanks!

CCOM accepts interfolio
as far as i know, all the osteopathic schools do
for the people wondering about interview invites etc
fwiw
i was complete 10/2
interview invite - never received, i just kept obsessively checking my status via their online portal
and scheduled my interview on 10/17 for 11/14
could've chosen earlier dates, but i was going to go to chicago for thanksgiving and figured i'd just choose a date closer to 11/27
now i get a 2 week vacation :)

I interviewed on 10/31 and they said that the admissions committee only meets once a month. Does anyone know when that is? Is it early in the month or later on? I was really impressed with CCOM, and I want to cancel my other interviews if I get in there, so I'm wondering how long I need to wait to hear something. When did you all learn you were accepted?

I interviewed on 10/31 and they said that the admissions committee only meets once a month. Does anyone know when that is? Is it early in the month or later on? I was really impressed with CCOM, and I want to cancel my other interviews if I get in there, so I'm wondering how long I need to wait to hear something. When did you all learn you were accepted?

I think they meet the third Wednesday or Thursday of the month, so 11/19 or 11/20, and then it takes about a week before status updates reflect whether you are accepted or not, so you're looking to hear back around Thanksgiving. Still plenty of time before you have to put deposits down elsewhere. I interviewed 9/29 and got accepted via status page 10/25.

All of my obsessive status checking has finally paid off! I'm very excited!

Checked my status today on their website and saw I had an interview invite!! Scheduled it for 12/2. My secondary was complete 10/6.

JelloStapler said:

Nice stats. You'll get in for sure :thumbup:

Congrats to all those who got interviews. Be sure to check out the interview feedback, it is a great way (and IMO, one of the best ways) to get prepared.

Your stats look really good, how in the world did you only get an interview to CCOM now? And only three interviews? I would have expected you to be raking in those interviews one after another! Did you apply late?

Your stats look really good, how in the world did you only get an interview to CCOM now? And only three interviews? I would have expected you to be raking in those interviews one after another! Did you apply late?

Thanks everyone!

I didn't apply too late. ACCOMAS was verified in the middle of August. I took my time on some of my secondaries though. I've been complete at CCOM since the middle of September, so I was starting to worry a little, especially since my other interview invites came so quickly after being complete <24hrs!

Chicago in December....burrrrrrrr!

anyone interviewing tomorrow? Always love to run into fellow sdn-ers on the trail!

anyone interviewing tomorrow? Always love to run into fellow sdn-ers on the trail!

i am! ill see you there, its always lame to be that one guy that asks everyone who their sdn identity is...so dont expect me to introduce myself as "doktorb" :D

Grant park was CRAZY last night!! Im soo glad I came early to my interview and got to see the PRESIDENT!! I love chi-town already..

i am! ill see you there, its always lame to be that one guy that asks everyone who their sdn identity is...so dont expect me to introduce myself as "doktorb" :D

Grant park was CRAZY last night!! Im soo glad I came early to my interview and got to see the PRESIDENT!! I love chi-town already..

Nice! That's awesome that you got to go for the festivities!

Checked my status today on their website and saw I had an interview invite!! Scheduled it for 12/2. My secondary was complete 10/6.
What is the URL to check your status on their website?

Login and then click on the Interview Scheduling link. If you can schedule an interview, they you got one! They will also send you an email telling you that you have been selected for an interview.

I ate too many Hooters chicken wings and now I"m at work falling asleep. I"m going to drag my sleepy butt to the coffee machine as caffeine has never had such an important role to keeping my job as now. I thought I'd share... because this clearly has to do with CCOM admissions, for the 2008-2009 cycle of course.

I ate too many Hooters chicken wings and now I"m at work falling asleep. I"m going to drag my sleepy butt to the coffee machine as caffeine has never had such an important role to keeping my job as now. I thought I'd share... because this clearly has to do with CCOM admissions, for the 2008-2009 cycle of course.

Haha I could use some Hooter's wings about now! Thanks for updating us on your current application status;)

Haha I could use some Hooter's wings about now! Thanks for updating us on your current application status;)

Your Dumbledore quote cracked me up so bad I spat out my coffee :laugh:. I followed protocol and did a search to see if anyone had posted about Hooters' wings before and to my surprise, there was not a Hooters thread. When the numbers "911" are chanted, fellow pre-meds may be wired to yell out "stat!" and run to the rescue with a cart, but I think Hooters' wings.

Is there a way to check your status online after you have had the interview?

Is there a way to check your status online after you have had the interview?

Use the same website you used to submit your secondary and to schedule your interview. It should be in the first e-mail you received from CCOM. If you just interviewed, you might have to sit tight until around Thanksgiving time before beginning to check your status for a decision.

Your Dumbledore quote cracked me up so bad I spat out my coffee :laugh:. I followed protocol and did a search to see if anyone had posted about Hooters' wings before and to my surprise, there was not a Hooters thread. When the numbers "911" are chanted, fellow pre-meds may be wired to yell out "stat!" and run to the rescue with a cart, but I think Hooters' wings.

Haha glad you enjoyed the Harry Potter reference. Ironically my like of Harry Potter may have gotten me into CCOM. In my interview the med student asked me if I were stuck on an island what movie, album, book and food I would want to have. I answered Harry Potter and she was like "thats what I said when I was asked that!".

So you never know :D

Hahaha but its bound to happen when attractive women use their pics as avatars on a forum where the majority of users are busy using their time to buff their CV instead of out socializing...

On a side note, nice picture Protodoc!:D

Creepy? Probably. Truthful? Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.