You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
CHOOSE YOUR OWWN II - Game Thread
Started by Animal Midwife
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
The WIFOM is strong in this postNot that it matters, but I would pretty much never pick wolf in a CYO game because I already am so sketchy. Plus, every game I wolf I'm inevitably the D1 or D2 vote for several games after. Plus you never know, I may or may not have forgotten to submit my choices by deadline 🤣
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Hi
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
So then the mods may have chosen scum for you?Plus you never know, I may or may not have forgotten to submit my choices by deadline 🤣

WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Well coop would definitely choose scum given the option but I don't feel like voting for her d1 😉 time to read through
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Can confirm but I'm a decent interpreterI can't spell (ask anyone if they can decipher my drunk/sleepy self)
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Only useful if there's at least one werewolf in the game, which is not a guarantee, and may be a needle in a haystack situation anyway. Meh.a bit worse about Dubz for discarding prober (ww seer and roleblocker
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Not much to work with here yet.
I'm retagging everyone. Sorry if you're already here, too lazy to edit.
1. @supershorty
2. @Crayola227
3. @vetschoolsletmeinplease
4. @Viscernable
5. @sunshinefl
6. @alleycat03
7. @WildZoo
8. @Stagg737
9. @Zenge142
10. @Dinashadow
11. @Coopah
12. @WonderingStudent
13. @Chaostrodon
14. @cubsrule4e
I'm retagging everyone. Sorry if you're already here, too lazy to edit.
1. @supershorty
2. @Crayola227
3. @vetschoolsletmeinplease
4. @Viscernable
5. @sunshinefl
6. @alleycat03
7. @WildZoo
8. @Stagg737
9. @Zenge142
10. @Dinashadow
11. @Coopah
12. @WonderingStudent
13. @Chaostrodon
14. @cubsrule4e
Now this I will believePlus you never know, I may or may not have forgotten to submit my choices by deadline 🤣
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I like that you even tagged yourself. Very thorough.Not much to work with here yet.
I'm retagging everyone. Sorry if you're already here, too lazy to edit.
1. @supershorty
2. @Crayola227
3. @vetschoolsletmeinplease
4. @Viscernable
5. @sunshinefl
6. @alleycat03
7. @WildZoo
8. @Stagg737
9. @Zenge142
10. @Dinashadow
11. @Coopah
12. @WonderingStudent
13. @Chaostrodon
14. @cubsrule4e
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Yes...thorough... we'll go with thatI like that you even tagged yourself. Very thorough.

Unvote Alley
Vote Cray
Interesting discard given pre-game statements. Also think Shorty, Dubz, Cubs' discards are interesting. Has Chaos played before? Never heard of them.
Vote Cray
Interesting discard given pre-game statements. Also think Shorty, Dubz, Cubs' discards are interesting. Has Chaos played before? Never heard of them.
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
He plays with AM (and maybe Flushy?) on other forums, but he's played a handful of games here too. Bioshock, Flushy's last game, and Baby Animals, I think.Has Chaos played before? Never heard of them.
Now this I will believe
This is actually what happened for the first roll, lol.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi
So , as many of you may not have played greatest idea before,
It is customary to claim alignments at the start of the game , helps us with some easy early town leanings and possible scum-slips.
On that note , I hard claim vigilante - aligned.
(Claim your alignment and NOT YOUR ROLE. DEFINETELY NOT THE ROLE )
It is customary to claim alignments at the start of the game , helps us with some easy early town leanings and possible scum-slips.
On that note , I hard claim vigilante - aligned.
(Claim your alignment and NOT YOUR ROLE. DEFINETELY NOT THE ROLE )
So , as many of you may not have played greatest idea before,
It is customary to claim alignments at the start of the game , helps us with some easy early town leanings and possible scum-slips.
On that note , I hard claim vigilante - aligned.
(Claim your alignment and NOT YOUR ROLE. DEFINETELY NOT THE ROLE )
The way this works is , you can see that there is only one Vigilante in the rolelist here : Greater Idea Mafia/RolePMs - MafiaWiki
(You can see the range next to the role , there are 12 VTs , 2 Cops , 2 Trackers and 1 Roleblocker , for instance.
So now that Ive claimed Vigilante aligned , If any of you had either discarded Vigilante or picked Vigilante as role or alignment , that would mean I have been a dirty liar and must be punished immediately (Since there is only one Vig possible)
So , as many of you may not have played greatest idea before,
It is customary to claim alignments at the start of the game , helps us with some easy early town leanings and possible scum-slips.
On that note , I hard claim vigilante - aligned.
(Claim your alignment and NOT YOUR ROLE. DEFINETELY NOT THE ROLE )
Uh, vigilante is a role, not an alignment...
I’m not really sure how to interpret these discards considering the recombining affiliation + role choice mechanic. Usually I’d be kinda sketched by useful and fun town role discards but not sure how applicable that is here. I will look at discards of roles that would be useful as scum but not so much as village as a good sign and vice versa. So feeling a bit better about chaos and edit: pleasey (thought it was alley at first) for discarding ninja and strongman and a bit worse about Dubz for discarding prober (ww seer and roleblocker)
I will ofc be voting the first person to attempt a discard meta read.
This is at best , a poor understanding of probability and at worst , scum going after the low - hanging fruit.
Vote Viscernable
Wdym? I assumed by alignment you meant “what kind of role but not the exact role” because of how you used it (I’d usually consider it to mean aff but clearly that’s not how you’re using it). There are at least 3 vig-like roles with 4 rolls between them (since one has 2 rolls)The way this works is , you can see that there is only one Vigilante in the rolelist here : Greater Idea Mafia/RolePMs - MafiaWiki
(You can see the range next to the role , there are 12 VTs , 2 Cops , 2 Trackers and 1 Roleblocker , for instance.
So now that Ive claimed Vigilante aligned , If any of you had either discarded Vigilante or picked Vigilante as role or alignment , that would mean I have been a dirty liar and must be punished immediately (Since there is only one Vig possible)
Uh, vigilante is a role, not an alignment...
You pick a role for your abilities and another role for your alignment.
I am talking about the role that you pick for your alignment.
Btw , my alignment is Town Vigilante. (saying this coz there are multiple kinds of Vigilantes in the rolelist)
Okay, that makes sense. I’ll take a look at the role list to see if there’s anything it would bad for scum to 100% know is not a role in the game before saying mineYou pick a role for your abilities and another role for your alignment.
I am talking about the role that you pick for your alignment.
Btw , my alignment is Town Vigilante. (saying this coz there are multiple kinds of Vigilantes in the rolelist)
Wdym? I assumed by alignment you meant “what kind of role but not the exact role” because of how you used it (I’d usually consider it to mean aff but clearly that’s not how you’re using it). There are at least 3 vig-like roles with 4 rolls between them (since one has 2 rolls)
Um no , alignment is the second option you pick, Your alignment has nothing to do with your actual role.
You were asked to pick two roles out of 3 right?
One of this would be used to determine your abilities (WHICH YOU SHOULD NOT CLAIM)
The other would be used to determine your alignment (Which you can claim)
By alignment , I mean the second role that you pick to determine alignment
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Ok, so chaos, if I’m understanding you correctly, you’re hardclaiming that the role you used for your alignment was the town vig? And that’s what you want other people to share?
Yes I understand that alignment is not role, the confusion was because you literally said “my alignment is vig” which is not a role not an alignment. If you want people to know you mean “the role you choose your alignment from” then say that and don’t act surprised when people assume you mean what you say.Um no , alignment is the second option you pick, Your alignment has nothing to do with your actual role.
You were asked to pick two roles out of 3 right?
One of this would be used to determine your abilities (WHICH YOU SHOULD NOT CLAIM)
The other would be used to determine your alignment (Which you can claim)
By alignment , I mean the second role that you pick to determine alignment
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Sure, why not. I used vanilla townie for my alignment.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Imma laugh at the boldness if chaos is scum and just wanted to get all these roles on the thread
Okay, that makes sense. I’ll take a look at the role list to see if there’s anything it would bad for scum to 100% know is not a role in the game before saying mine
Fair enough , I will believe you , For now.
But discard meta is still a poor understanding of probability.
Unvote Visc , Vote Sunshine.
And there’s nothing that jumps out at me as a reason for us not to reveal the role we took alignment from, so mine was town conspiracy theorist
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I used town mason for my alignment.
Imma laugh at the boldness if chaos is scum and just wanted to get all these roles on the thread
And what exactly would scum!Chaos do with alignment info?
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Idk, that's why I'm not worried about it rnAnd what exactly would scum!Chaos do with alignment info?
Ok, so chaos, if I’m understanding you correctly, you’re hardclaiming that the role you used for your alignment was the town vig? And that’s what you want other people to share?
Thats right
Feels like an overreach comment to try to imply she isn't town as a result.Apparently not alley. So there's one of her possible 3 chances at town gone.
Who says I didn't get vanilla townie twice? Fishing?Oi @Crayola227 weren't you thrilled to be vanilla townie???
Decent logic but do you really know Stagg that well? This feels like an overstatement.Yeet stagg
One thing I do trust him to do is being more likely to pick scum
Dubz' opening post without an emoji.... sketch lol
Is this a 36 or 12 game?Not much to work with here yet.
I'm retagging everyone. Sorry if you're already here, too lazy to edit.
1. @supershorty
2. @Crayola227
3. @vetschoolsletmeinplease
4. @Viscernable
5. @sunshinefl
6. @alleycat03
7. @WildZoo
8. @Stagg737
9. @Zenge142
10. @Dinashadow
11. @Coopah
12. @WonderingStudent
13. @Chaostrodon
14. @cubsrule4e
No, but based on his own posts in the signups and on what others have said about his play I think at least one of the most likely to pick scumDecent logic but do you really know Stagg that well? This feels like an overstatement.
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
36Is this a 36 or 12 game?
Um, what statements? About how bummed I was the roll with vanilla townie didn't stick?Unvote Alley
Vote Cray
Interesting discard given pre-game statements. Also think Shorty, Dubz, Cubs' discards are interesting. Has Chaos played before? Never heard of them.
How does discarding vanilla townie make me scum? If anything, you all should realize there's no way I discarded vanilla townie to be scum. So think again.
Are you more or less likely to choose strongman or ninja if you choose town? Are you more or less likely to choose them if you choose a killing faction?Fair enough , I will believe you , For now.
But discard meta is still a poor understanding of probability.
Unvote Visc , Vote Sunshine.
Totally confused what this means.So , as many of you may not have played greatest idea before,
It is customary to claim alignments at the start of the game , helps us with some easy early town leanings and possible scum-slips.
On that note , I hard claim vigilante - aligned.
(Claim your alignment and NOT YOUR ROLE. DEFINETELY NOT THE ROLE )
My alignment came from Town Godfather, You will investigate as "Not Mafia" to Cops.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I think this would be more useful if the options were binary. As it is, we don't know if people passed on strongman , etc. for something even better for scum (I admit I haven't looked at the full role list yet...). I can't logically see how you can draw much from the discards except maybe if people lie about stuff (poorly).Are you more or less likely to choose strongman or ninja if you choose town? Are you more or less likely to choose them if you choose a killing faction?
In general I'm going to think people who discarded a town role did so because they have another town role to draw alignment from. So I'm eyeballing those who discarded scum roles harder, because while they may have discarded a scum role for town roles, they also may not have had the choice to be town and had all scum to pick from. Main issue with this thinking has to do with in what cases did someone favor scum over town.
You were asked to pick two roles out of 3 right?
If this was how we were supposed to pick our roles, I did it totally wrong. Guess that’s why mods had to assume what I picked 🤣
Yeah I don’t think it’s anywhere near a strong point but I do think it is a small thing to consider. My jimmies are just rustled by some boy saying I have a poor understanding of probability bc I’m conceited honestlyI think this would be more useful if the options were binary. As it is, we don't know if people passed on strongman , etc. for something even better for scum (I admit I haven't looked at the full role list yet...). I can't logically see how you can draw much from the discards except maybe if people lie about stuff (poorly).
Are you more or less likely to choose strongman or ninja if you choose town? Are you more or less likely to choose them if you choose a killing faction?
The factor you are missing is that the other option is totally independent of the discarded role. So a persons discard gives you 0 info unless you also know his role.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 6K
- Views
- 157K
