You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
CHOOSE YOUR OWWN III - Game Thread
Started by Animal Midwife
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I don't either, but I don't see that being a TMI slip unless the argument is that there's only exactly a wolf pack and she's part of it.Really? Because I still don't understand why she made the bussing comment
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I mean, that is kind of where my head wentI don't either, but I don't see that being a TMI slip unless the argument is that there's only exactly a wolf pack and she's part of it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Has there ever been a CYO game that only had a single scum faction?I mean, that is kind of where my head went
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Like yeah, theoretically, it could happen, but I can't imagine the probability is particularly high.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Unfortunately VCA just isn't that useful in these games. Sure. True isn't partnered with chaos. I believe it. Doesn't mean anything though.I feel fine about True not being a wolf. He might be some sort of something else but confident he wouldn't bus Chaos like that.
I need to check Zenge vote patterns.
Barring the above scenario of only one pack existing, which would be funny.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Not on this site, I don't think. The first CYO had a 3 wolf pack and a SK maybe? I'll look back real quick.Has there ever been a CYO game that only had a single scum faction?
Numbers is villainsLike yeah, theoretically, it could happen, but I can't imagine the probability is particularly high.
I'm not talking probability, I'm just talking vibes lol
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I wonder what the probability is of having a game with only a single scum faction, that went through on the first roll, and that had multiple people claim the same 1-person role.
Very smol.
Very smol.
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I know last year's had a 2 wolf pack, a SK, and a condemner.Not on this site, I don't think. The first CYO had a 3 wolf pack and a SK maybe? I'll look back real quick.
Condemner isn't exclusive or able to kill, obviously, but still scum.
Edit: because even though S is pronounced "ess," it would not make the article before it "an"
might be bedtime lol
Last edited:
@Viscernable @LuminousLag Statistics lovers... This one's on youI wonder what the probability is of having a game with only a single scum faction, that went through on the first roll, and that had multiple people claim the same 1-person role.
Very smol.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Minor correction to my earlier statement, game 1 was 3 Mafia and a wolfI know last year's had a 2 wolf pack, an SK, and a condemner.
Condemner isn't exclusive or able to kill, obviously, but still scum.
True not being partnered with Chaos means true isn't a wolf. I already said the possibility of him being other scum, but knowing he isn't wolf is a useful data point and far from not meaning anything.Unfortunately VCA just isn't that useful in these games. Sure. True isn't partnered with chaos. I believe it. Doesn't mean anything though.
Barring the above scenario of only one pack existing, which would be funny.
Ditto for Zenge if he voted for Chaos but I still need to check that.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
What does it mean in the grand scheme of the game?True not being partnered with Chaos means true isn't a wolf. I already said the possibility of him being other scum, but knowing he isn't wolf is a useful data point and far from not meaning anything.
Ditto for Zenge if he voted for Chaos but I still need to check that.
And yes Zenge voted for chaos
**** I forgot about vote close, apparently it was at 9 and not 10
Starting to read the latest two pages now
Starting to read the latest two pages now
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
I am absolutely 100% not a wolf, but unfortunately that's all you can tell from this vote. 😞I feel fine about True not being a wolf. He might be some sort of something else but confident he wouldn't bus Chaos like that.
I need to check Zenge vote patterns.
For vote analysis, there are four flavors of scum, right? Wolf, mafia, and alien, plus the various evil 3Ps.
Given a 16 person game, how many total baddies should we be hunting?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
...Given a 16 person game, how many total baddies should we be hunting?
There's no way you're asking this question seriously when you've played as many games as you have, is there?
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
First of all, did you really need to use this tone?...
There's no way you're asking this question when you've played as many games as you have, is there?
Second of all, CYO is an unusual style of game, with the potential for four or five independent scum. It makes the math weird.
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Yes, I needed to use my skeptical tone to address a question I feel skeptical about.First of all, did you really need to use this tone?
Second of all, CYO is an unusual style of game, with the potential for four or five independent scum. It makes the math weird.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I've never actually figured out how these games are determined to be balanced enough to run, but I'd say 4-5 based on the previous two games having 4 at 14 players?I am absolutely 100% not a wolf, but unfortunately that's all you can tell from this vote. 😞
For vote analysis, there are four flavors of scum, right? Wolf, mafia, and alien, plus the various evil 3Ps.
Given a 16 person game, how many total baddies should we be hunting?
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
Thank you, this was a very reasonable and polite way to answer what I think was a pretty reasonable question.I've never actually figured out how these games are determined to be balanced enough to run, but I'd say 4-5 based on the previous two games having 4 at 14 players?
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
The wiki strongly advises only running it with at least 50% town roles, but is otherwise not specific and the 50% number doesn't really give you a whole lot of info beyond that.I've never actually figured out how these games are determined to be balanced enough to run, but I'd say 4-5 based on the previous two games having 4 at 14 players?
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Okay so uh...4 to 8...The wiki strongly advises only running it with at least 50% town roles, but is otherwise not specific and the 50% number doesn't really give you a whole lot of info beyond that.
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
You choose the strangest things to get prickly about lolThank you, this was a very reasonable and polite way to answer what I think was a pretty reasonable question.
My sarcasm should not come as a surprise to you.
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
I'm sorry, it's just that you had three options: say nothing, give your best guess at the right answer like Dubz did, or make a disparaging comment (slightly disguised as a question).You choose the strangest things to get prickly about lol
My sarcasm should not come as a surprise to you.
You chose the rude option. I don't really understand why.
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I'm bemused by you being confused that I'm sometimes abrasive when you were part of a wolf pack that made a point to antagonize me for an entire game because of being "too intense".I'm sorry, it's just that you had three options: say nothing, give your best guess at the right answer like Dubz did, or make a disparaging comment (slightly disguised as a question).
You chose the rude option. I don't really understand why.
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
Oh, I guess I never really addressed that with you? Is that why you've been upset with me this game?I'm bemused by you being confused that I'm sometimes abrasive when you were part of a wolf pack that made a point to antagonize me for an entire game because of being "too intense".
There was never any kind of plan to upset you by that pack. For some reason a couple of them just kept doing it. There was never any discussion about you or any organized focus on you.
I guess I just wasn’t seeing it because I assumed Chaos was more noob-ish than he is and chalked it up to genuine reaction. Will note this for future games with himYes, yes, and yes.
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I don't really understand this first sentence. We already knew Chaos was lying before Wonder even counterclaimed, since he was caught in a lie when Lumi counterclaimed and Chaos' response was "well, frick."Given that chaos was lying all along, I am more inclined to believe wonder.
If you're saying that Chaos lying about being Judas makes you more inclined to believe Wonder, why is that?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I'm not upset with you? I just don't think you're village.Oh, I guess I never really addressed that with you? Is that why you've been upset with me this game?
There was never any kind of plan to upset you by that pack. For some reason a couple of them just kept doing it. There was never any discussion about you or any organized focus on you.

And we’re only partially front
It seems you still feel this way after the chaos flipAnd I really think we should yeet genny
Pleased!Roster
1. @potentialsheltervet
2. @WonderingStudent
3. @alleycat03
4. @genny
5. @WorthlessOxygen
6. @Truenamer
7. @WildZoo
7.7 @Stagg737
8. @Zenge142
9. @Viscernable
10. @alissa14
Twelve. @mkg323
utc. @supershorty
33. @LuminousLag
uts. @Lawpy
EngagedSubbing in for @Stagg737 is @holdthemayo
What plsContingency yeet Lawpy
Because black goo didn’t show up at all in the discards. I mean I kinda expected it wouldn’t. I still have a very hard time seeing scum!wonder lying like that. especially since it isn’t a feasible lie to maintain to endgameIf you're saying that Chaos lying about being Judas makes you more inclined to believe Wonder, why is that?
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Yes, butBecause black goo didn’t show up at all in the discards. I mean I kinda expected it wouldn’t. I still have a very hard time seeing scum!wonder lying like that. especially since it isn’t a feasible lie to maintain to endgame
I don't really understand this first sentence. We already knew Chaos was lying before Wonder even counterclaimed, since he was caught in a lie when Lumi counterclaimed and Chaos' response was "well, frick."
so can you clarify if this is what you mean or not?
If you're saying that Chaos lying about being Judas makes you more inclined to believe Wonder, why is that?
Then I don’t know why shorty. Time?Yes, but
so can you clarify if this is what you mean or not?
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
What?Then I don’t know why shorty. Time?
In the grand scheme of the game? That's one less scum faction True and Zenge could be.What does it mean in the grand scheme of the game?
And yes Zenge voted for chaos
To be clear, I am not saying either should be read as 100% village. I'm well aware this is a multiball game and either one could be alien, goon, or SK. But I am saying I don't believe either one is a wolf, which means that eliminates one possibility from the scum soup.
So I guess it isn't ~that~ important because it's possible Chaos didn't even have any packmates. All I'm trying to say is it helps me brain to pencil in that neither of them is a wolf.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
My mind has not changed, no.It seems you still feel this way after the chaos flip
That's the thing.
It's multiball. People have to stand on their own efforts and statements and whatever individually. No interactions really matter unless we know what kind of scum we're looking for. So flips aren't so much going to change my POE.
Engaged 🤔I feel fine about True not being a wolf. He might be some sort of something else but confident he wouldn't bus Chaos like that.
I need to check Zenge vote patterns.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I'm just trying to make sure we don't get hung up on data points that could subconsciously lead to giving people more village cred than they should get, that's all.In the grand scheme of the game? That's one less scum faction True and Zenge could be.
To be clear, I am not saying either should be read as 100% village. I'm well aware this is a multiball game and either one could be alien, goon, or SK. But I am saying I don't believe either one is a wolf, which means that eliminates one possibility from the scum soup.
So I guess it isn't ~that~ important because it's possible Chaos didn't even have any packmates. All I'm trying to say is it helps me brain to pencil in that neither of them is a wolf.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Let me just add, @supershorty
Like True said, there was no concerted attempt to target you in LiterWWary from the pack. Dubz was also in that pack (in spirit, even if not in flesh each cycle) and there definitely wasn't a slander campaign effort from the pack as a unit, though I won't comment on individual players' wolfing choices. I just want to be clear about that: in no way was anything happening on the wolf front in LiterWWary an intentional personal attack on you or anyone else.
I'm not going to tell you not to be upset because that isn't fair or right of me but I wanted to get that out there.
Like True said, there was no concerted attempt to target you in LiterWWary from the pack. Dubz was also in that pack (in spirit, even if not in flesh each cycle) and there definitely wasn't a slander campaign effort from the pack as a unit, though I won't comment on individual players' wolfing choices. I just want to be clear about that: in no way was anything happening on the wolf front in LiterWWary an intentional personal attack on you or anyone else.
I'm not going to tell you not to be upset because that isn't fair or right of me but I wanted to get that out there.
Can you walk me through your thought process plsTrue not being partnered with Chaos means true isn't a wolf. I already said the possibility of him being other scum, but knowing he isn't wolf is a useful data point and far from not meaning anything.
Ditto for Zenge if he voted for Chaos but I still need to check that.
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
Big agree. It's even in the interest of scum to take out all the other scum.I'm just trying to make sure we don't get hung up on data points that could subconsciously lead to giving people more village cred than they should get, that's all.
Trust me, I'm not giving them any cred other than "not in a pack with Chaos". I still have some concerns about True and not concerns about Zenge.I'm just trying to make sure we don't get hung up on data points that could subconsciously lead to giving people more village cred than they should get, that's all.
I did a few posts up. Basically: there are several possible scum factions in this game but my lizard brain enjoys knowing one particular faction is not a possibility for certain players. It does not mean I am opposed to the idea of them as scum.Can you walk me through your thought process pls
Similar threads
- Replies
- 6K
- Views
- 159K