Cincy vs SLU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
there are a bunch of areas to live in. anywhere from 0-20 minutes away by car is in the range.

Members don't see this ad.

just sayin i'd rather (and do) pay for a gym membership elsewhere then deal with the hassle. I am never on the undergrad campus for any other reason

Oh. I'm too cheap to turn down free membership at a relatively awesome gym.

I forgot to ask this at the interviews, but how far away do students usually live from both schools? Since both schools have decent climates, I might just bike to school and skip the parking hassle.

A lot of med students live in the apartment complex(es) across the street and just down the street from the med campus at SLUSOM. Also some live closer to the UG. Also some live in an area called Central West End, which is about 3 miles from SLUSOM. CWE is cheaper, and also in an area with more restaurants/bars.

Depending on where you live, riding a bicycle to SLUSOM can be dangerous both because of crime and because the roadways to SLUSOM are not conducive to bicycle riding. Now that they've opened up both garages, there really isn't a hassle with parking at SLUSOM. At least not when I go there early in the morning or in the middle of the day for research.

ok i dont mean to disagree with you on everything here.. but the cwe is so not cheaper lol (but is, and i'm biased, the best place to live in stl)

Members don't see this ad :)
ok i dont mean to disagree with you on everything here.. but the cwe is so not cheaper lol (but is, and i'm biased, the best place to live in stl)

It's cheaper than living in places like the Theresa Lofts/Creamery/Owen's Lofts, any of the buildings on Lindell by SLU, and downtown. I don't know about other places though.

I know people who have lived in all of those areas and Theresa Lofts was the most expensive, followed by CWE (in general) then Owen's garage. In general, CWE is more expensive than other places. The lofts and garage, of course, have the added bonus of being walking distance to school. Another area to look at is Tower Grove, which is 1-2 miles south of campus and pretty much only requires a short ride down Grand Blvd, which has bike lanes. No one bikes from CWE, but I know that some people bike from the Tower Grove area. Tower Grove also tends to be a pretty cheap place to live (as low as $300 or so).

As far as gym parking goes, if you pay for parking at the med school, then you can park in the garage across the street from the UG gym after 4pm on weekdays and then also anytime on the weekend. There is also street parking available, which is more open prior to 4pm.

Our gym at slu is nice but inconvieniently located. Parking is doable but a pain sometimes. No one I know uses salus bc I believe it requires an extra fee. If this is what you're basing your decision on I think you are missing the point.

img%5D

do u even lift?

I know people who have lived in all of those areas and Theresa Lofts was the most expensive, followed by CWE (in general) then Owen's garage. In general, CWE is more expensive than other places. The lofts and garage, of course, have the added bonus of being walking distance to school. Another area to look at is Tower Grove, which is 1-2 miles south of campus and pretty much only requires a short ride down Grand Blvd, which has bike lanes. No one bikes from CWE, but I know that some people bike from the Tower Grove area. Tower Grove also tends to be a pretty cheap place to live (as low as $300 or so).

As far as gym parking goes, if you pay for parking at the med school, then you can park in the garage across the street from the UG gym after 4pm on weekdays and then also anytime on the weekend. There is also street parking available, which is more open prior to 4pm.

I have lived on Lindell and in CWE and CWE is quite a bit cheaper. I guess it depends on where in CWE you're talking about though. If you're trying to live on Forest Park/Euclid.. then yea probably more expensive. If you're talking about West Pine and Newstead, it's way cheaper. There's a place on FP/Newstead that's pretty nice, has garage parking, is furnished (or unfurnished) for <$500/mo studio. Can't remember what it's called now, but I was considering it when I moved last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.