2022-2023 Cincinnati

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1. Then received the A just 2 hrs after that email!! May withdraw but wondering if anyone knows any information on scholarships at this point. Are they still being offered?
Probably should call the office of admissions and have them direct you to the best person to ask this question.
 
+1. Then received the A just 2 hrs after that email!! May withdraw but wondering if anyone knows any information on scholarships at this point. Are they still being offered?

Did they call you?

Also did everyone else get the re-confirmation email?
 
Last edited:
Is anyone else a little nervous about tier 1 waitlist movement since a lot of ppl were placed on tier 1? My neuroticism has really started to kick in since May is approaching lol

Edit: also, if they have an official accepted students groupme or facebook can someone who is accepted let us know how many ppl are in there?
I saw that they did that I think last year.

Thanks!
 
Is anyone else a little nervous about tier 1 waitlist movement since a lot of ppl were placed on tier 1? My neuroticism has really started to kick in since May is approaching lol

Edit: also, if they have an official accepted students groupme or facebook can someone who is accepted let us know how many ppl are in there?
I saw that they did that I think last year.

Thanks!
I found the facebook page (group number is public) currently there are 130 members and I feel like class size is 175 per MSAR
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Friendly reminder for those who've chosen their home for the next 4 years to remove their acceptances/waitlist spots for the peeps on the alternate list. Pls and thank you 🙂
Yes, super second this! Congrats to everyone who has chosen their medical school and extra thank you to everyone who has decided to not go to cincy who withdraw their acceptance!
 
I sent my letter of intent this February. I got accepted to another school which I’m very grateful for but Cincy is fs my top choice. I have until June 8th to commit to enroll at my accepted school which I’m afraid might not be enough time for cincy to make their decision. What are my chances being on tier 3? Is there any acceptable way of trying to expedite their decision if too much time passes by?
 
I sent my letter of intent this February. I got accepted to another school which I’m very grateful for but Cincy is fs my top choice. I have until June 8th to commit to enroll at my accepted school which I’m afraid might not be enough time for cincy to make their decision. What are my chances being on tier 3? Is there any acceptable way of trying to expedite their decision if too much time passes by?
I'm in the same boat, with Tier 3 and Letter of intent, I don't think there is a way to expedite the process for cincy. At a certain date per AMCAS trafficking rules you have to withdraw all waitlists and if you don't hear back from cincy at that point you probably will have to go to the other school. I feel like tier 3 movement depends on 1) how many people withdraw their acceptances 2) how many people withdraw themselves from the waitlist (i.e. in tier 1 and 2) and 3) how many people from the waitlist receive an offer but decide not to accept.
 
I'm in the same boat, with Tier 3 and Letter of intent, I don't think there is a way to expedite the process for cincy. At a certain date per AMCAS trafficking rules you have to withdraw all waitlists and if you don't hear back from cincy at that point you probably will have to go to the other school. I feel like tier 3 movement depends on 1) how many people withdraw their acceptances 2) how many people withdraw themselves from the waitlist (i.e. in tier 1 and 2) and 3) how many people from the waitlist receive an offer but decide not to accept.
So far there are only 128 in accept fb group, with possibly more people withdrawing as the May 1 deadline approaches.
 
I'm in the same boat, with Tier 3 and Letter of intent, I don't think there is a way to expedite the process for cincy. At a certain date per AMCAS trafficking rules you have to withdraw all waitlists and if you don't hear back from cincy at that point you probably will have to go to the other school. I feel like tier 3 movement depends on 1) how many people withdraw their acceptances 2) how many people withdraw themselves from the waitlist (i.e. in tier 1 and 2) and 3) how many people from the waitlist receive an offer but decide not to accept.
Really helpful! Appreciate it!
 
Lots of people are saying UCCOM is their top choice! I thought it was mine too but now I'm confused between it and another school. I'm on Tier 1 btw. What are your favorite things about the school or what draws you guys to it?
 
A note for those on Tier 3... I was on Tier 3 last year and Cincy was the only school i was WL at. I sent in a LOI, regular updates in May, June, July, emailed/called admissions, even went in person to the office and never heard anything back until I got rejected in late July. Decided to reapply and am on Tier 1 this year. I know it's so hard but just wanted to give you my experience so you weren't in the dark for the next few months
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think it's still pretty early for WL movement, but I'll definitely be looking out in the next few weeks! Best of luck to everyone!
I was accepted off the WL last week (tier 1, but withdrew ^) just after recieving the "confirm your spot on the alt list" email. Idk what this means for WL movement but anything possible!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does anyone know how accurate the facebook numbers are I feel like its hard to believe that there are only 138 people in the class right now when the past years have been 180ish