2022-2023 Cincinnati

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
* Please explain both of the following: 1) the specific reason(s) you have chosen to apply to the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine and 2) how you will utilize the unique features of our curriculum, institution, city, and/or our mission to achieve your career goals.

* Please describe the reasons that you have chosen to specifically apply your skills to the career of a physician and what specific ways your personality, talents, attributes, etc. will contribute to the practice of clinical medicine.

* The University of Cincinnati is highly committed to selecting and cultivating students who can transform the field of medicine through the use of their distinct talents and attributes. Please tell us how you offer “diversity of thought” to our incoming class. Please also consider sharing unique, personally important, and/or challenging factors in your background that represent the diversity that you bring.

Please explain, if applicable, any ways in which the COVID-19 pandemic specifically and negatively impacted and/or caused significant hardship for your academic performance between the months of March 2020 and September, 2022.

We understand that all applicants have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Please use the space below to describe any personal (ie, non-academic) life-altering experiences or changes to your plans related to the pandemic between March 2020 and September 2022.

Cincinnati Medicine is preparing for a hybrid interview season (both in-person and virtual interviews will be available). Should you be invited to interview with Cincinnati Medicine, we ask that you indicate your interview preference below:

The University of Cincinnati College of Medicine has a new dual-degree program. The MD/MPH Program is a new opportunity to students to enhance their education and pursue passions in the public health sector. If you are interested in applying to this program, would you like a representative from this program to contact you with the application?

2k character limit for all minus interview pref question

Reactions: 1 user
Has anybody else not gotten a secondary??

Reactions: 4 users
There's a Reddit post about all the secondary screens that schools do, and Cinci falls under the "holistic" screen. Apparently someone will review your primary before sending out a secondary.

Reactions: 2 users
There's a Reddit post about all the secondary screens that schools do, and Cinci falls under the "holistic" screen. Apparently someone will review your primary before sending out a secondary.

I feel like they just want money tho

Members don't see this ad :)
Are there any current medical students on here that I can message?

Has anyone else been encountering this error message? I keep trying to verify my account with the link they email me but the same issues occur.

"Unfortunately, a problem was encountered when attempting to create a MedOneStop account for you. We are currently attempting to generate an account for you."

Im trying to open the secondary application page, and it won't even load for me. There must be some issues I guess?

@jyl2k did you find a solution?

• Sad
@jessef55 I will try again later tonight but I currently don't have a solution + I haven't gotten any other emails from the school. Let me know if it works for you!

@jessef55 I will try again later tonight but I currently don't have a solution + I haven't gotten any other emails from the school. Let me know if it works for you!
Just tried again, it is working now!

Do you happen to know where I can find this post? It would be SUPEr helpful with the other schools that I am applying to

Could anyone please tell if the "if you are a reapplicant, how have you grown ... " essay is 1000 or 2000 characters? Am waiting for my secondaries and pre-writing. Tysm!!

Question- what is the preferred abbreviation: UCCOM? UC CoM? something else?

ok so im a ****ing idiot and realized my spell check wasn't turned on and submitted a secondary response with like 4 really idiotically misspelled words in it; anyone happen to know if they care about spelling and grammar? lol pray for me fam

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Hey all
I was wondering if someone could help me distinguish between these two prompts?

" Please tell us how you offer “diversity of thought” to our incoming class. Please also consider sharing unique, personally important, and/or challenging factors in your background that represent the diversity that you bring."
and
"Please describe the reasons that you have chosen to specifically apply your skills to the career of a physician and what specific ways your personality, talents, attributes, etc. will contribute to the practice of clinical medicine."

I understand that the second one asks the "why medicine" question as well, but I think discussing the other stuff they ask might overlap a lot.
For example, I think some challenging factors caused me to develop certain attributes, but I don't want to repeat myself. Thanks!

Hey all
I was wondering if someone could help me distinguish between these two prompts?

" Please tell us how you offer “diversity of thought” to our incoming class. Please also consider sharing unique, personally important, and/or challenging factors in your background that represent the diversity that you bring."
and
"Please describe the reasons that you have chosen to specifically apply your skills to the career of a physician and what specific ways your personality, talents, attributes, etc. will contribute to the practice of clinical medicine."

I understand that the second one asks the "why medicine" question as well, but I think discussing the other stuff they ask might overlap a lot.
For example, I think some challenging factors caused me to develop certain attributes, but I don't want to repeat myself. Thanks!
I think the first one is asking for what diversity you will bring to the class and the second one is basically why will you be a good physician.

For the first one, I talked about something unique from my upbringing and how it will play into my practice and time as a student. For the second one, I basically made a rebranded personal statement because that’s essentially what they’re asking for lol hope this helps!

I think the first one is asking for what diversity you will bring to the class and the second one is basically why will you be a good physician.

For the first one, I talked about something unique from my upbringing and how it will play into my practice and time as a student. For the second one, I basically made a rebranded personal statement because that’s essentially what they’re asking for lol hope this helps!
Yeah that makes sense. Thank you! Sometimes I wonder if they read our primaries lol

Okay silly question... for the non-academic COVID question ("We understand that all applicants have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Please use the space below to describe any personal (ie, non-academic) life-altering experiences or changes to your plans related to the pandemic between March 2020 and September 2022.") are they only asking about life-altering experiences and life-altering changes to plans, or are they also looking for more minor things like loss of shadowing and such?

Okay silly question... for the non-academic COVID question ("We understand that all applicants have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Please use the space below to describe any personal (ie, non-academic) life-altering experiences or changes to your plans related to the pandemic between March 2020 and September 2022.") are they only asking about life-altering experiences and life-altering changes to plans, or are they also looking for more minor things like loss of shadowing and such?
I think it can be either way...?

Wow, they're starting early compared to last year's thread. Congratulations! I'm also IS and UC is my 2nd overall choice, so I'm really hoping I get one.
I’m OOS but UC is my 2nd choice too, behind my only state school. Hoping we both get one soon!

Got a II via email at 3:29 PM EST! OOS, stats in signature.

Edit: Complete on 7/17

Last edited:
Just received II earlier today, OOS submitted 7/19, LM mid 70s low 80s if I had to guess based on how my app changed over the past year.

II received yesterday! OOS submitted 07/20, but connection to Cincy. LM 76.8.

Does anybody know if we have to include mention of a voided attempt in the question they have about how we prepped for the MCAT?

II at about 1:30pm!! Submitted 7/8, IS, LM 77!

Reactions: 1 users