2022-2023 Cincinnati

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre-II rejection today, 2/28, after zero communication all season

Thanks again for making me explain a speeding ticket in your secondary Cincinnati :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre II R Kind of mean to make you open the portal

Reactions: 3 users
i cant believe they made me open the portal and change my password just to pre-II reject me lmao
+1

But not surprised; they announced on social media a few days ago that their Interview Season had concluded.

i cant believe they made me open the portal and change my password just to pre-II reject me lmao
lol I came straight to sdn bc what they’re not going to do is waste my time to give me an R!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Sooo if I got an Alt 3 my chances are slim right? should I even bother sending updates and keeping in touch?

Sooo if I got an Alt 3 my chances are slim right? should I even bother sending updates and keeping in touch?
I'm alt list tier 3 and I think its possible just really depends on how many people accept their offer. So yeah, I still would be in contact cause who knows its not a rejection.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm alt list tier 3 and I think its possible just really depends on how many people accept their offer. So yeah, I still would be in contact cause who knows its not a rejection.
Some years they never even reach end of tier 2 so unlear though

Pre-II R, I live in Cincinnati :(

• Care
I'm Tier 1 alt list and now that the interviewing season is over it's SO hard to resist checking this forum every day! Even though I know not to expect any news until May or June... :(

Is there a FB group?? Got WL at my state school and this is my top choices out of all my acceptances, so considering this might be my landing spot z would love to see what the FB page is about.

Hi! I am building a school list and looking for current M3/M4's that can speak a little bit about Cincinatti!

Specifically, I have the following questions (please feel free to answer as many as you have time for, I know it is a lot!):

1. What is your preclinical grading system?
2. How often did you have exams during your preclinical years?
3. Are these exams based more on lecture/in-house or NBME material?
4. What are the attendance expectations (for lecture, PBL, etc)?
5. What happens if you fail an exam (is it marked on your transcript)?
6. What is your clinical grading system?
7. What % of students earn honors per rotation (if applicable)?
8. Who chooses which order your rotations are in (students, lottery, other)?
9. If you could describe the environment during your rotations in one word, what would it be?
10. How much time do you have for electives?
11. Do you have AOA at Cincinatti?

Thanks so much in advance for answering! I appreciate you making time for this :)

Does anyone have the MSAR info for waitlist movement? Mine expired and can't buy again pls thank you

Does anyone have the MSAR info for waitlist movement? Mine expired and can't buy again pls thank you
Unfortunately it says there is no information on wait-list offers just that there are 60-150 waitlist spots a year...

• Care
Has anyone moved up the waitlist in terms of their tier after sending an update or something? The website says that they do reevaluate from time to time, but I have no idea if that is actually the case or not.

Has anyone moved up the waitlist in terms of their tier after sending an update or something? The website says that they do reevaluate from time to time, but I have no idea if that is actually the case or not.
I have no clue but would be curious if anyone knows. Probably a secret that just the admissions committee knows lol

I am pretty sure the email said no guests, but if someone has heard differently, please let me know!
I didn't think it said anything about guests, I was planning to call and see if there was at least any tours for guests or sometime we could show the campus to guests..

Reactions: 1 users
I didn't think it said anything about guests, I was planning to call and see if there was at least any tours for guests or sometime we could show the campus to guests..
If you do call I'd love to know! I wanted to bring my partner and parents to see the school but didn't see anything in the email about guests either.

Anyone receive scholarships or financial aid packages yet?

May have missed the initial Feb 18th deadline by a week or two and starting to get paranoid lol

If you do call I'd love to know! I wanted to bring my partner and parents to see the school but didn't see anything in the email about guests either.
No answer. Left VM. Will update the thread.

Anyone receive scholarships or financial aid packages yet?

May have missed the initial Feb 18th deadline by a week or two and starting to get paranoid lol
I received a $10k/yr scholarship last week! I’ll be withdrawing my acceptance though, so it should go right back in the pool

If we're on the waitlist, are we still eligible for scholarships if we get the A much later? What was that Feb 18th deadline? I'm worried I was supposed to turn something in to be considered? I did the fafsa in time for them in case I get in, but no school-specific forms.

If we're on the waitlist, are we still eligible for scholarships if we get the A much later? What was that Feb 18th deadline? I'm worried I was supposed to turn something in to be considered? I did the fafsa in time for them in case I get in, but no school-specific forms.
Hey did you ever figure out the answer for this? I’m also on the waitlist and I had the same questions.

Hey did you ever figure out the answer for this? I’m also on the waitlist and I had the same questions.
Yeah I emailed them. They said they extend the deadlines as necessary for people. After acceptance you do the UCCOM-specific financial aid form, and they get back to you with the award amount in 7-10 days. Also all accepted students are considered for merit aid, and they give that out from March to late June so we'll have time to be considered and notified. Also immunization requirements and other stuff - that's told after the A and they extend the deadlines as necessary too.

Withdrew my app, was Tier 1 since February. Good luck to everyone still in the running!

Reactions: 5 users
Yeah I emailed them. They said they extend the deadlines as necessary for people. After acceptance you do the UCCOM-specific financial aid form, and they get back to you with the award amount in 7-10 days. Also all accepted students are considered for merit aid, and they give that out from March to late June so we'll have time to be considered and notified. Also immunization requirements and other stuff - that's told after the A and they extend the deadlines as necessary too.
Filled mine out back in Nov and never heard back despite getting the A in Oct. guessing I should reach out??

Anyone else still not heard back regarding fin aid?

Anyone else still not heard back regarding fin aid?
All I know is that awards should be starting to come out in April. Hopefully soon! Good luck.

Did anyone ever find out if we can have guests at the second look on Friday?

Did anyone ever find out if we can have guests at the second look on Friday?
Hi. Yes. They responded. They will be offering tours for anyone interested at 04:30. They also said guests can participate in the dinner (even though it says students only on the schedule). They are super kind. My guests will definitely participate in the tour.

Hi. Yes. They responded. They will be offering tours for anyone interested at 04:30. They also said guests can participate in the dinner (even though it says students only on the schedule). They are super kind. My guests will definitely participate in the tour.

Who did you email? I didn’t get a response yet lol

On the website it says May 1 is our deadline to reconfirm our place on the waitlist after we receive an email asking us to do that. Did anyone get an email yet?