2022-2023 Cincinnati

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
does anyone know how accurate the facebook numbers are I feel like its hard to believe that there are only 138 people in the class right now when the past years have been 180ish
I was never invited, and it was, for some reason, tricky to find it. Maybe that's why?

Members don't see this ad.

Wow... Just got accepted off tier 3!!! My CYMS tool hasn't updated yet, and I assume it will soon but man I'm so grateful! Good luck to everyone else and stay optimistic!

Reactions: 1 users
Wow... Just got accepted off tier 3!!! My CYMS tool hasn't updated yet, and I assume it will soon but man I'm so grateful! Good luck to everyone else and stay optimistic!
whoa! amazing! when did you get the email?

Members don't see this ad :)
That's great! Congratulations!!! It seems like they are done with T1 and T2. Mind sharing stats?

Why do you say they are done with T1 and 2? I am on T1 and haven't heard anything should I consider this an R?
I'm T2 and have heard nothing😭😭😭. I sent letter of intent and everything. Maybe theres more to come.

Why do you say they are done with T1 and 2? I am on T1 and haven't heard anything should I consider this an R?
My mistake. My intention was certainly NOT to imply R for remaining T1 and T2 folks. I thought they go sequentially and move onto next tier after exhausting previous one. But they do not. Aplologies and Good Luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
IMG_3725.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Did your acceptance email come from the office of financial aid?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did your acceptance email come from the office of financial aid?
When I was accepted off Tier 1, I received an email from MD Admissions with the portal update on 05/02 and then received a follow-up email from the Office of Financial Aid on 05/03. Hope this helps!

When I was accepted off Tier 1, I received an email from MD Admissions with the portal update on 05/02 and then received a follow-up email from the Office of Financial Aid on 05/03. Hope this helps!
Awesome, that's good to know. Thank you!

Just wanted to point out that the FB group went from 140 to 121 overnight...

Hi all! I am a current M1 at UCCOM and I was thinking back to a year ago when I was in your shoes stressing about apps. I had so many questions and very few places to find answers, so I figured I'd come on here and answer any questions you had about interviews, the curriculum, social life, etc. I have no ties to admissions so feel free to ask anything, and I'll answer honestly. Also you can DM me if you don't feel comfortable posting to everyone. There's still lots of time in this cycle so good luck and try not to stress too much!
Hey, I know you offered to answer questions some time ago, but I'm curious about your general thoughts on the pre-clinical curriculum now that you're almost through M1. Also, is it true that the pre-clinical has become ranked by quartiles once again? If anyone else has thoughts on these two questions, please chime in!

Just got in! Was in tier 2.

Update 5/22: I’m withdrawing it though, good luck to the rest of you!

Last edited:
Think there will be more tier 2 WL movement tmw? They have been releasing WL on tuesdays mostly.

• Care
Hey, I know you offered to answer questions some time ago, but I'm curious about your general thoughts on the pre-clinical curriculum now that you're almost through M1. Also, is it true that the pre-clinical has become ranked by quartiles once again? If anyone else has thoughts on these two questions, please chime in!
I just finished my first year here so I can answer these :)

General thoughts on pre-clinical curriculum:
There's a lot to study. It seems that UCCOM teaches a lot more than we need to know, which makes your daily schedule quite busy despite classes typically only going from 8AM-12PM. We also have biweekly inhouse exams so everything taught in lecture matters.

But learning all that stuff makes our final exams easy. Our finals are NBME, which are in general less detailed than our biweekly exams.

Although lecture attendance is optional (you can watch lecture online from home if you'd prefer), there are usually several mandatory attendance events every week. For example, we have our clinical skills class 1x a week. Learning Community 1x a week. Sometimes patient presentations and panels. Dissections.

So with these mandatory events and biweekly inhouse exams, your days get pretty busy. It's nice to have a weekend off every other week though.

Quartiles:
Yes, quartiles are back. But M1 is only 10% of your ranking, M2 is 20%, and M3 is 70%. Because most med students learn how to study during M1, the low weight of M1 gives you some lee way to mess up and try new learning styles.

Let me know if guys have any other questions.

I just finished my first year here so I can answer these :)

General thoughts on pre-clinical curriculum:
There's a lot to study. It seems that UCCOM teaches a lot more than we need to know, which makes your daily schedule quite busy despite classes typically only going from 8AM-12PM. We also have biweekly inhouse exams so everything taught in lecture matters.

But learning all that stuff makes our final exams easy. Our finals are NBME, which are in general less detailed than our biweekly exams.

Although lecture attendance is optional (you can watch lecture online from home if you'd prefer), there are usually several mandatory attendance events every week. For example, we have our clinical skills class 1x a week. Learning Community 1x a week. Sometimes patient presentations and panels. Dissections.

So with these mandatory events and biweekly inhouse exams, your days get pretty busy. It's nice to have a weekend off every other week though.

Quartiles:
Yes, quartiles are back. But M1 is only 10% of your ranking, M2 is 20%, and M3 is 70%. Because most med students learn how to study during M1, the low weight of M1 gives you some lee way to mess up and try new learning styles.

Let me know if guys have any other questions.

Can you expand on UCCOM teaching students more than they need to know? What do you mean by that?

I just withdrew my A today. So hopefully there’s still room for at least one of you…

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted, Tier 1. Really hoping for good news for everyone who is waiting.

Last edited:
Got the A around 11:30 today! Tier 1- couldn't be more excited. Good luck to everyone waiting!

Is there anybody else on T1 who has not received a decision yet?
Tier 1 and haven't received a decision. Seeing these Tier 2 and 3 acceptances :oops: Any insight into how many people have been waitlisted this year? Presumably there are people on Tier 1 every year who don't get accepted?

Tier 1 and haven't received a decision. Seeing these Tier 2 and 3 acceptances :oops: Any insight into how many people have been waitlisted this year? Presumably there are people on Tier 1 every year who don't get accepted?
What we know is the intial tier assigned to us. However as the people get off the list from tier 1, folks from tier 2 may be rolling into tier 1 (tier 3 rolling into tier 2 and so on ) and school doesn't tell students about the interim tier positions. So when people report their 'A' on SDN, they report their original tier, I don't think they strictly follow the ranking within a particulat tier,

Any new recent As? FB group count rose from 144 to 154 in 2 days.

A off the WL yesterday. Withdrew today. Best of luck to all!