Class of 2020... how you doin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Here's our grading table... So make of that what you will! I have absolutely 0 idea how the American system works
Ah, yeah most of the time in American schools 90-100 is an A, 80-89 is a B, 70-79 is a C, 60-69 is a D and 59 or below is an F. Some professors might curve their grading scale, but that's generally how it goes. At K-State you have to get at least a C in every class in order to progress. I don't really pay attention to our test averages, as long as I pass I'm happy. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Here's our grading table... So make of that what you will! I have absolutely 0 idea how the American system works
It's pretty similar. In the US it's generally in ~10 point increments so 100-90=A, 89-80=B, 79-70=C, 69-60=D, and <59=F, with some wiggle room occasionally added by curving etc. I don't remember the exact breakdowns for +/- but I think they're similar to yours.

Ah, yeah most of the time in American schools 90-100 is an A, 80-89 is a B, 70-79 is a C, 60-69 is a D and 59 or below is an F. Some professors might curve their grading scale, but that's generally how it goes. At K-State you have to get at least a C in every class in order to progress. I don't really pay attention to our test averages, as long as I pass I'm happy. :laugh:

Yeah, our C cut off is 60%. At our school you are allowed 1 D in your entirety of vet school. Hence why I am pushing so hard for that extra 0.3% to bump my anatomy grade up there.

Averages are hard in our class too. There's only 33 of us in my graduating class so I can feel really dumb really easily if there's a handful of people who did really well and drag the average up significantly.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, our C cut off is 60%. At our school you are allowed 1 D in your entirety of vet school. Hence why I am pushing so hard for that extra 0.3% to bump my anatomy grade up there.

Averages are hard in our class too. There's only 33 of us in my graduating class so I can feel really dumb really easily if there's a handful of people who did really well and drag the average up significantly.

Yeah, averaging is a terrible statistic for our class :laugh:

Your averages are so high. lol. Our physio test today averaged at a 66%, gross is usually 70s-low 80s. Micro was surprisingly high on the last midterm with an average of a mid B. We've never had A averages, even on quizzes.

Reactions: 1 users
I like the Canada system. We don't even get real letter grades here 100-92 is 4.0, 91-88 is 3.5, 87-84 is 3.0, 83-80 is 2.5, 79-76 is 2.0, 75-72 is 1.5, etc. No one really curves anything either, so it sucks getting 90-91 in anything.

Thanks, all. I lurf SDN.:love:

This is pretty much the complete opposite of my class. I was all super excited last week because I got a 90 on our pathology test---finally, an A on a test and something I actually seem to have somewhat of a knack for! And then I found out that the class average was a 97. And pretty much all of our class averages for tests are like that, including those tests with historically really low averages. Definitely doesn't do much for the self-esteem to literally always be below average because your class is full of genius gunners. Haha.

One of our professors doesn't say directly she thinks we're cheating, but it's the way she's saying it. And I want to be like, "You obviously haven't spent time with us at all. 80% are hard line type A and I would bet an easy 15% savage level gunner. That average is like that because of ridiculous amounts of study hours and alcoholism. Let's be real."

I seem to always forget I hate everyone until it's too late and I'm involved. You appear to have that problem as well.

This is me also. Though I do have a problem with voicing my honest opinion point blank when asked. Need to learn some tact. Been deleted off at least two Facebook friends lists that I know of.

Reactions: 4 users
80% are hard line type A and I would bet an easy 15% savage level gunner. That average is like that because of ridiculous amounts of study hours and alcoholism. Let's be real.
Woof
I'll be over here in my type b corner...

Reactions: 2 users
Woof
My boss a couple days ago referred to me as a "type B hippy Canadian" and I'm still not sure whether it was a mild insult or not... :p

My class was stupid smart and academic. Had higher averages on tests then basically all the classes before. With that said, we were pretty chill. I studied with most of the people in the top ten and they were all just stupid smart friends.

The class below us was known for being smart and uptight pain in the asses, so hey, could be worse.

Woof

Yeah. I'm pretty type B myself too. Lol. I'm absolutely so excited for Wednesday cause we got a 6/10 on our dissection points and I know two of our teammates will be stressing about those four points

Having a hard time paying attention in an equine behavior lecture. Watching videos of my horse instead. Student of the year, right here.

Also yo, I loved your blog posts on COTH (assuming you're the same supershorty ;)). Nikki is definitely better than any silly behaviour lecture!

Members don't see this ad :)
4 finals down, 4 to go. Ready for death's sweet embrace at this point
raw

Reactions: 6 users
I got home around 6:30, dicked around as per usual, decided to take a nap at 8 (I was dying, what can I say) just kind of woke up to eat dinner and now I'm on SDN when I should be studying anatomy.

But here's the thing. I did really well on the last two exams I've taken (I'm ignoring renal phys, I can't help it), and I only started studying for those two days before. I know anatomy is a little bit of a different beast. I also know that those were Monday tests, and this is a Friday test, so less time to study since there isn't a weekend beforehand. I know these things. Doesn't change the fact that my motivation is nowhere to be found.

Someone did send a sweet study guide out to the whole class though so I'm at least going to look through that tonight I guess.

I got home around 6:30, dicked around as per usual, decided to take a nap at 8 (I was dying, what can I say) just kind of woke up to eat dinner and now I'm on SDN when I should be studying anatomy.

But here's the thing. I did really well on the last two exams I've taken (I'm ignoring renal phys, I can't help it), and I only started studying for those two days before. I know anatomy is a little bit of a different beast. I also know that those were Monday tests, and this is a Friday test, so less time to study since there isn't a weekend beforehand. I know these things. Doesn't change the fact that my motivation is nowhere to be found.

Someone did send a sweet study guide out to the whole class though so I'm at least going to look through that tonight I guess.

Dude renal phys is seriously the best....why would you ignore it? Ugh, kidneys need love too.

Dude renal phys is seriously the best....why would you ignore it? Ugh, kidneys need love too.
I'm ignoring the fact that I didn't do as well on that exam :laugh: I do like kidneys, think they're fascinating, but my usual methods did not work for learning all the things.

I'm ignoring the fact that I didn't do as well on that exam :laugh: I do like kidneys, think they're fascinating, but my usual methods did not work for learning all the things.
physio teacher literally said today that the kidneys never get any respect

ANATOMY IS OVER!!! :soexcited:
Anatomy is over for us too...except now we're going into neuro. :vomit: I'm both excited for rauncy cranial nerve mnemonics and dreading the level of memorization I know we're heading towards.

What is this crazy being done with anatomy nonsense. We're still in anatomy AND we're taking neuro as a whole separate other class at the same time. So not even fair, pfft. :p

What is this crazy being done with anatomy nonsense. We're still in anatomy AND we're taking neuro as a whole separate other class at the same time. So not even fair, pfft. :p

Yepp. Solid year of anatomy over here too. We still have to cover most of urinary and repro plus a few other bits and bobs.

Yepp. Solid year of anatomy over here too. We still have to cover most of urinary and repro plus a few other bits and bobs.

Us too! 10.5 weeks left of anatomy, physiology, neurobiology, histology, and imaging. 8 of those are devoted to the renal and reproductive tracts and are supposedly the worst part of the year.

Us too! 10.5 weeks left of anatomy, physiology, neurobiology, histology, and imaging. 8 of those are devoted to the renal and reproductive tracts and are supposedly the worst part of the year.
We have anatomy, histology, immunology, physiology, pathology, and epidemiology for our science courses right now (not counting clinical presentations, clinical skills, and professional skills). I feel ya

We have anatomy, histology, immunology, physiology, pathology, and epidemiology for our science courses right now (not counting clinical presentations, clinical skills, and professional skills). I feel ya

Anatomy and histology are the same class ya goof :p

Took a 5 hour nap, I think my brain was thinking about horses because I should have been studying anatomy, so there were horses in my dreams.

My friend said to go back to sleep so I don't mess up my sleep schedule too bad and that they'll help me learn everything tomorrow so I'm very tempted to do that...

Over the passive aggressive nature of my class. If you've got a problem, just come say something. It's getting more and more petty the closer we get to finals.

Over the passive aggressive nature of my class. If you've got a problem, just come say something. It's getting more and more petty the closer we get to finals.
I've noticed this is a bit of a theme with first years. Hopefully they grow and mature as the years pass and people learn to adult a bit better. Hang in there, friend!

I've noticed this is a bit of a theme with first years. Hopefully they grow and mature as the years pass and people learn to adult a bit better. Hang in there, friend!

To their benefit, I have definitely reached what I call my people limit for the week. So she may have been being less passive aggressive than I was interpreting. But it certainly not the first example.

We'll make it. Lol. Just gotta get through everything.

To their benefit, I have definitely reached what I call my people limit for the week. So she may have been being less passive aggressive than I was interpreting. But it certainly not the first example.

We'll make it. Lol. Just gotta get through everything.
Agreed. Letting go is very beneficial to one's health, but man. The cranky builds up when people exhibit behaviors that elicit the crank in the first place. haha

Naming oblique views in anatomy made no sense to me until one of the radiology residents explained it to me in terms of Muppets. Apparently I'll be Muppeting my way through rads because that made it click in my head. :shrug:

Reactions: 5 users
Just case studies and anatomy to get through and then I'll be heading out to Illinois with 3 classmates for Wildlife Line! Not going to let the snow stop us, haha!

Meanwhile... Louisiana is about to start a 4 day weekend for Mardi Gras...

Just case studies and anatomy to get through and then I'll be heading out to Illinois with 3 classmates for Wildlife Line! Not going to let the snow stop us, haha!

If y'all go out on the town, let me know!!

Safe travels!