Class of 2020... how you doin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can we just all admit that at least a third of the posts in y'alls thread are from 2020
Can we all just admit that y’all contributing to our anatomy discussion pushed us over the edge? :love:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
giphy.gif

@finnickthedog @PrincessButterCup Gigs up, we’ve been spotted!

Fun fact: a couple days ago PBC posted a “Don't tell 2020 but y’all are 13 posts away from passing them”, which we made her change out of sneakiness.
Oh is that what that was about? lol

I saw this coming but didn't have the energy to talk to myself to prevent it

Reactions: 1 user
I'm in the same boat but my test is tomorrow. Why am I like this

Midterm tomorrow worth 24% of my grade and I looked at anatomy for the first time yesterday.

Reactions: 1 users
First exam of the semester is over, next week is clinical exposure and I'm on therio, I can't wait to pretend I'm going to catch up on studying when I know deep down I'll get nothing done! :heckyeah:

Week 5 and we already have test number 5 tomorrow. Then no tests for 10 whole days before 6 tests in the two weeks before spring break. So. Many. Tests. This semester. But somehow this semester is way more chill than last :laugh: Will also be finished with 3/9 classes by spring break, so that's a plus!

My kittens figured out today that playing with each other is kind of fun. They went from ignoring each other the past few days (which was an improvement from hostility by the older kitten, who is used to being an only cat) to playing nonstop for the last 6 hours.

Going to have some tired kitties tonight!

My kittens figured out today that playing with each other is kind of fun. They went from ignoring each other the past few days (which was an improvement from hostility by the older kitten, who is used to being an only cat) to playing nonstop for the last 6 hours.

Going to have some tired kitties tonight!
DID YOU EVER POST PICTURES OF KITTEN #2??!?!?

Members don't see this ad :)
Week 5 and we already have test number 5 tomorrow. Then no tests for 10 whole days before 6 tests in the two weeks before spring break. So. Many. Tests. This semester. But somehow this semester is way more chill than last :laugh: Will also be finished with 3/9 classes by spring break, so that's a plus!
Yikes. :eek: It's week 5 here too and we just have our second test on Tuesday, but then March and April look to be pretty miserable.

We have 35 exams and quizzes this semester.. Was trying to count down as each one happened, but it got too depressing

We have 35 exams and quizzes this semester.. Was trying to count down as each one happened, but it got too depressing
that was definitely us here last semester. We've got alot less this semester, but having tests over 20-25 lecture periods is less preferable to more tests for me

that was definitely us here last semester. We've got alot less this semester, but having tests over 20-25 lecture periods is less preferable to more tests for me
yeah, they decided that a mixture of both would be an ideal way to make us suffer this time around. So we have 1-2 quizzes a week for some classes and then probably about 15 of our exams this semester are on 18+ lectures (with one as high as 31 lectures)
:help:

The further I get into the program, the more my mentor lets me do when I scrub into surgery with her. It's little things (like today I put in the urinary catheter), but it makes my day so much when I get to learn new things or practice ones that I've only done in cadaver labs. :)

The further I get into the program, the more my mentor lets me do when I scrub into surgery with her. It's little things (like today I put in the urinary catheter), but it makes my day so much when I get to learn new things or practice ones that I've only done in cadaver labs. :)

That sounds really neat. I'm pretty envious. We get to do zero of these things except for the occasional extracurricular cadaver lab that can accommodate like 10 people.

That sounds really neat. I'm pretty envious. We get to do zero of these things except for the occasional extracurricular cadaver lab that can accommodate like 10 people.

Yeah, she's pretty great about teaching me stuff. I always feel like I learn more spending the morning with her in sx and then going back and watching lectures on my own time.

Anyone else feeling super behind in everything? Not particularly distressed by it, I get things done by the time they're due, but having a hard time keeping up with the workload this semester.

Anyone else feeling super behind in everything? Not particularly distressed by it, I get things done by the time they're due, but having a hard time keeping up with the workload this semester.
It's just a constant struggle. With so many classes it's like spinning plates on sticks. I can keep a few going at the same time, but haven't figured out how to keep them all up at once yet .

Less plates and more discarded pizza boxes

Reactions: 3 users
Wtf was this doing on page 2

Anyway, I studied for 2.5 hours, got through 4 lectures. I have 4 more I need to get through tonight. But. I just. Can't.
giphy.gif

(I almost put that in spoiler tags, and then remembered I'm not in the WW thread :laugh:)

Reactions: 4 users
Wtf was this doing on page 2

Anyway, I studied for 2.5 hours, got through 4 lectures. I have 4 more I need to get through tonight. But. I just. Can't.
We had a three day weekend. Did I use it to catch up? pshhhhhhh. I did a little parasitology and anesthesia Saturday. Wrote my "fact sheet" for public health. But did I watch any of the 9 lectures I'm behind on? ha, that's cute. It was our first weekend off in a month so I rebelled :p

Gonna do some anesthesia tonight probably, and then regret all my weekend choices tomorrow morning.

Haven't visited this thread in a while. I guess as someone no longer in vet school, it didn't feel right to post here.

I can't believe that I am saying this, but I'm actually really missing being in class. I miss my classmates. I'm still broke, jobless, and aimless. It's been about two months since my dismissal and I know that I really should have moved on by now, but I can't help but think about how much easier things would be right now if I were still in school.

Honestly, at least financially, I'll probably be better off in the long run this way, but life just kinda sucks right now.

giphy.gif

(I almost put that in spoiler tags, and then remembered I'm not in the WW thread :laugh:)
But can I???

The next 4 lectures are for my exam next Tuesday. It's so hard to get motivated to be productive that far in advance, but I kind of have to because I won't be getting any studying done Friday-Sunday. Ugh.

We had a three day weekend. Did I use it to catch up? pshhhhhhh. I did a little parasitology and anesthesia Saturday. Wrote my "fact sheet" for public health. But did I watch any of the 9 lectures I'm behind on? ha, that's cute. It was our first weekend off in a month so I rebelled :p

Gonna do some anesthesia tonight probably, and then regret all my weekend choices tomorrow morning.
Honestly I think you made the right decision here :p

Haven't visited this thread in a while. I guess as someone no longer in vet school, it didn't feel right to post here.

I can't believe that I am saying this, but I'm actually really missing being in class. I miss my classmates. I'm still broke, jobless, and aimless. It's been about two months since my dismissal and I know that I really should have moved on by now, but I can't help but think about how much easier life would be right now if I were still in school.

Honestly, at least financially, I'll probably be better off in the long run this way, but life just kinda sucks right now.
Hugs hun :( I hope you get good news about a job soon.

I can't believe that I am saying this, but I'm actually really missing being in class. I miss my classmates. I'm still broke, jobless, and aimless. It's been about two months since my dismissal and I know that I really should have moved on by now, but I can't help but think about how much easier life would be right now if I were still in school.

*hugs*

I wish I were only 9 lectures behind! I mean, I've gone to and paid attention during the majority of lectures, but I have, like, 35 lectures that I haven't reviewed the material from yet...

I wish I were only 9 lectures behind! I mean, I've gone to and paid attention during the majority of lectures, but I have, like, 35 lectures that I haven't reviewed the material from yet...
There's a reason i don't keep count

guys, good news. I only have 7 lectures to watch. Totally fine, everything is fine :p

See, these intense "early" (my test is on Friday but studying a third of the material yesterday was still early for me) study sessions are just not for me.
All that happens is the next day I get home, take a 3 hour nap, and wake up uninterested in doing anything.

See, these intense "early" (my test is on Friday but studying a third of the material yesterday was still early for me) study sessions are just not for me.

My study group does intense Sunday reviews every week (our exams are every other ‘Monday). We take a classroom and use it for 6-10 hours, reworking the material. It’s...a lot ;)

My study group does intense Sunday reviews every week (our exams are every other ‘Monday). We take a classroom and use it for 6-10 hours, reworking the material. It’s...a lot ;)
That's what we do the day before exams too! I usually don't study much at all before then lol

Two weeks until spring break...

Reactions: 4 users
I don't actually know if my embedded video in that last post works but I'm gonna pretend it does until someone says otherwise.

The video works, but there’s a broken image icon as well