Class of 2020... how you doin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The video works, but there’s a broken image icon as well

Yeah, I don't know what that's about... the video was the only thing I'd put in, and it doesn't show up when I edit the post. This is why I don't try to do tech things.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Can I just whine for a second that imaging is hard and I feel like I'm never going to be good at it?
Yes you can. Never failed a test as hard as I did my radiology final

Members don't see this ad :)
Friend: what did you do today?
Me: I got to pull a dead calf out of a wooden box today
Friend: uhhh....
Me: and there was a fetotomy
Me: (thirty seconds later) You don't want to look that up
Friend: Omg, too late

Reactions: 2 users
I read through my pharm notes once. that should be enough, right?
1) I ended up reading through them twice. It was still not enough.
2) Got myself into a bit of a downward spiral after that exam. And so did not start studying for my endocrine exam until tonight. It's tomorrow morning.

this is fine.png

I need spring break so bad

Reactions: 1 users
Clin med midterm done! Lets party!

Spring breaaaaaaaak

Reactions: 4 users
Just woke up from a 3.5 hour nap. I'm so happy.

I’m flyig to Puerto Rico tomorrow to go on a cruise. Can not wait to not be at school tomorrow

Me watching snap stories from people on spring break, when I still have another week of classes and a pharm final on Tuesday:
giphy.gif

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just finished my week long trip in the Caribbean. DO NOT WANT to go back :arghh::arghh::arghh:

One of my ponies apparently knew I was studying for an exam that had colic surgery on it and decided to be a colic surgery patient herself.

So far, so good post-op, no resection (she had a proximal jejunal torsion) and she's winning everyone over with how cute and sweet she is, so crossing my fingers that she has a smooth recovery. Definitely a less than ideal start to a day that's going terribly so far though.

One of my ponies apparently knew I was studying for an exam that had colic surgery on it and decided to be a colic surgery patient herself.

So far, so good post-op, no resection (she had a proximal jejunal torsion) and she's winning everyone over with how cute and sweet she is, so crossing my fingers that she has a smooth recovery. Definitely a less than ideal start to a day that's going terribly so far though.
Hope your pony is doing ok!

That feeling when you go from an A- in the first year version of a class to really struggling in the second year version of that same class. I'm so frustrated right now! My studying and test prep haven't changed, but obviously something isn't working any more. I'm scared that if I can't find a way to fix this I may not be a vet student any more....

That feeling when you go from an A- in the first year version of a class to really struggling in the second year version of that same class. I'm so frustrated right now! My studying and test prep haven't changed, but obviously something isn't working any more. I'm scared that if I can't find a way to fix this I may not be a vet student any more....
Oh no, Squeaks, I'm sorry to hear that. I found myself in the same boat with clin path this semester and it's an awful feeling. What class is it for you?

Clinical skills, so only the highest weighted course in our curriculum....

Clinical skills, so only the highest weighted course in our curriculum....
Can you get in touch with the course coordinator about better ways to prepare for it? I mean I'm sure you already have, but just in case you haven't or you're like me and super shy and need someone to push you to do it. I had to meet with my clin path prof recently because I was concerned about my performance and he was able to give me some really helpful resources. It was nervewracking to go talk to him because I worried he thought I was stupid, but it was a good move.

Hugs to you, hang in there. You'll get through this!

Already on it. The Program Chair is my mentor, so feeling like I'm letting her down isn't helping my confidence!

Test tomorrow. First sx as primary surgeon Thursday.

Me right now:
hyperbolecover-min.png

I'm also drowning in exams this month, but some good news is we're getting a house system!!

Hey y'all, we stole this idea first. Back off.

Yayayayayayyyy I love our House System!!!!
My friends aren't excited about it and think it will be a waste of time and it makes me sad. :( How did I become the optimistic one in my friend group???

This is obviously because you're in the Opptimistogriff house
The sad part is I feel like I've become a lot more bitter and cynical over the past few years (even prior to starting vet school). :laugh: IDK, I mean I whine and complain about stuff too, and I know this school isn't perfect, but I still try to find the silver linings in things and appreciate the good points.

Reactions: 1 user
Y’all need a better hype team! We did a bunch of cool things to make sure (most) everyone got hyped!
There's an info session about it next Thursday, so hopefully people will be more excited after that! I think we're all just really burnt out with classes and school in general right now, and it's a group of first years planning this, yet a lot of the first years never participate in things for clubs. :rolleyes:

There's an info session about it next Thursday, so hopefully people will be more excited after that! I think we're all just really burnt out with classes and school in general right now, and it's a group of first years planning this, yet a lot of the first years never participate in things for clubs. :rolleyes:
No no no, I’d recommend getting people from all years to help. Even fourth years. Keeps that from happening

No no no, I’d recommend getting people from all years to help. Even fourth years. Keeps that from happening
Yeah, that would have been nice, it seems like my class is always the last to know about everything. :laugh: But they are making getting sorted optional for us and 2019, so people that don't want to participate don't have to.

Yeah, that would have been nice, it seems like my class is always the last to know about everything. :laugh: But they are making getting sorted optional for us and 2019, so people that don't want to participate don't have to.
I think all students were sorted. Current third and fourth years are a little less enthusiastic about it, but we have one student vetter (essentially a planning hype person) per class per house and it works well! (Class of 2020 has 2 per house actually).

Last day of classes for the year in the books.

we still have 2 weeks of classes after this week + 2 weeks of finals

I just want it to stop

Only 5 more weeks! It's weird that it took me this long to figure out how to study, it's still hard and I expect I'll forget by next year. Yay for delayed transitions.

So happy I'm not in your class right now though, they have an extra week then a cumulative 2 year exam. Ouch

Our finals start next week. We have Comm final Monday, para lab final Tuesday, and tox plant lab final Wednesday. Then lecture finals for para, radiology, tox and epi T-Th the week after.

Studying for tox is going well, but I really need to get my butt in gear for para next week. Especially when we’re being tested on things we haven’t gone over in lecture yet -.- Then once those are done somehow study for rad so I don’t fail.

I can’t believe 2nd year is almost done :confused: