Class of 2020... how you doin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
AND WHERE ARE THE PICTURES?!

I'll post them when I know for sure that she's coming home with me! (It's just another way to bump up posts on this thread).

Definitely haven't already decided to call her Weeble so I have Weeble and Wobbles because once again, I'm 100% definitely not adopting this kitten. Of course not.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
I'll post them when I know for sure that she's coming home with me! (It's just another way to bump up posts on this thread).

Definitely haven't already decided to call her Weeble so I have Weeble and Wobbles because once again, I'm 100% definitely not adopting this kitten. Of course not.

I know you wrote weeble, but my mind went straight to:

Screen%2Bshot%2B2016-05-06%2Bat%2B10.33.53%2BPM.png

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Why don’t we push all this thread wars discussion and MOVE IT TO THE WATERING HOLE SO WE CAN FINALLY BEAT THE RANT THREAD.
You're just trying to distract us so your thread can catch up. I see right through you.

Reactions: 1 user

This is the most adorable thing

Sometimes I wish we could opt out of labs. Sure having a simulation lab is great, but I've drawn blood on far too many real dog legs, ran bloodwork, tested glucose, etc etc. I could have been taking a nap...

Sometimes I wish we could opt out of labs. Sure having a simulation lab is great, but I've drawn blood on far too many real dog legs, ran bloodwork, tested glucose, etc etc. I could have been taking a nap...

Flip side - it's a good chance for you to help out colleagues who don't have as much experience?

And, the school has to know they delivered the education - they can't assume different baselines for everyone.

But... I feel ya. There were plenty of times I was like "I don't care about <this>. I wanna sleep."

Flip side - it's a good chance for you to help out colleagues who don't have as much experience?

And, the school has to know they delivered the education - they can't assume different baselines for everyone.

But... I feel ya. There were plenty of times I was like "I don't care about <this>. I wanna sleep."
I know. And I don't mind helping people, I actually enjoy it. I just really could have used that nap.

Did get to test my own BG though so that was cool. Little finger prick to wake me up a bit :p

For sure. It has been ages since I've had my hands on animals, so having my peers look over my shoulder and give corrections has been very helpful.

This lab was also a little different in that the groups were so small, there was a tech or clinician to offer advice/correction for each person as they did their thing. Previous labs we've been in groups kind of on our own with a much smaller ratio of real adults, so more opportunity for me to be helpful to my classmates there. This one was a lot of standing around while each person tried each thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Me: I'm not going to get home and immediately sit on the couch today, I'm going to clean my apartment while I have this free time
Me: *gets home and immediately sits on the couch*

Me: I'm not going to get home and immediately sit on the couch today, I'm going to clean my apartment while I have this free time
Me: *gets home and immediately sits on the couch*
I told myself I was going to go to the gym today, but that didn't happen. I also haven't gone grocery shopping, washed dishes, or cleaned my bathroom. Or studied. :laugh:

I told myself I was going to go to the gym today, but that didn't happen. I also haven't gone grocery shopping, washed dishes, or cleaned my bathroom. Or studied. :laugh:
I did eventually get off the couch. Worked out, finally did my FAFSA, vacuumed everything, did some other cleaning. Now I need the motivation to do school stuff...

I feel like my small animal medicine exam this morning on all things urinary system went well.

Based on my prior history on this professor's exams, that's a bad omen.

As predicted, I went through the entire week of case study (which meant spendin half the day at school at most and maybe an hour on research every night) without catching up on studying.

Right now having an unusually busy shift at work so studying still has not happened. Boy do old habits die hard.

I hate repro I hate repro I hate repro...

I hate pharm I hate pharm I hate pharm...

Reactions: 1 users
The true miracle of repro is learning about repro and wondering how in the **** so many accidental animal pregnancies happen, because it sure seems like a system set up to fail 100% of the time

Reactions: 8 users
I am terribly salty about having to write these discharge instructions for our case for this week with no clear guidance on what they are supposed to look like or everything we are supposed to include.

Asking here because of the wildlife/zoo people.

Has anyone heard of/familiar with EcoLife Expeditions? I'm not looking at doing any of their tours myself, but I need to figure out if they are reputable. When I searched online it seemed decently legit?

Has anyone heard of/familiar with EcoLife Expeditions? I'm not looking at doing any of their tours myself, but I need to figure out if they are reputable. When I searched online it seemed decently legit?
Ah I wish I had remembered this earlier, I was just meeting with other wildlife and zoo people who might have heard of it. I'll try to remember to ask them tomorrow.

Sounds vaguely familiar? Maybe? I don't have any actual knowledge of/experience with them, though.

Also just remembered that a gal in the class above me apparently had a good experience with Wildlife Vets South Africa last summer if you are looking for a trip of that nature.

Last edited:

I had two classmates who went on their trips before starting vet school. They're legit, just expensive af. I can ask them questions or whatnot if you want.

I'm getting some studying done too! I happen to be studying Criminal Minds right now, though.
I may be studying a WW thread but I told myself I have to go back to studying endocrine diseases in two minutes.

Every time we have a surgery lab or I get to shadow in the OR, I get more sure that I really, really like surgery.

Also I didn't fail my renal exam last week so yay.

Reactions: 3 users
First surgery is Thursday. Wtf.

Reactions: 5 users
giphy.gif

@finnickthedog @PrincessButterCup Gigs up, we’ve been spotted!

Fun fact: a couple days ago PBC posted a “Don't tell 2020 but y’all are 13 posts away from passing them”, which we made her change out of sneakiness.
Can we just all admit that at least a third of the posts in y'alls thread are from 2020