Class of 2022...how you doin'?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So just to clarify, notability would search the actual PDFs for words?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a way to insert a space instead of a whole page? Most of the time I just add a couple bullet points at the end of each slide and using a whole page for this would be really annoying.

Ugh, I love how OneNote works, when it works. I am so frustrated with my notes right now.

Is there a way to insert a space instead of a whole page? Most of the time I just add a couple bullet points at the end of each slide and using a whole page for this would be really annoying.

Ugh, I love how OneNote works, when it works. I am so frustrated with my notes right now.
You could add a text box somewhere on the slide? I’m not positive if you can do a space at the end instead of a page, I usually just hand write on the slides since I’m on an iPad.

Reactions: 1 user

You cannot add a blank space on the page, because the slides will take up a whole page each.

You could change the PPT to the notes display (where it’ll have a blank part underneath it), and then convert it to a PDF in one note? An extra step, but then it’ll be the set up you want.

I JUST FOUND OUT THAT I PASSED BLOCK 1 (ANATOMY!!!)......and....NO ACADEMIC PROBATION FOR THIS GAL!!!! I'M SO HAPPY!!!! The first hump is over :love::soexcited::biglove:

Reactions: 14 users
Hey everyone :) Talk to me! What are we doing? How are we feeling?
giphy.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
I managed to get two job interviews lined for during the Christmas break!! :clap: (although I feel so underqualified oh my god)

Reactions: 3 users
The semester is definitely chugging along, but I CANNOT WAIT for December break. I have never been this desperately grateful for a long weekend/time off school. Last night was the first time I even looked at notes since a midterm in the middle of last week and all of that non-studying time was glorious.

Overall really happy right now. Our class is fantastic, and I feel like in just the past few weeks I've gotten a lot closer to several people which is really nice. Living situation turned out great, and so far I haven't failed out so can't really complain. Have a research job lined up for the summer in an area that has always fascinated me so I'm super excited!

Reactions: 9 users
I managed to get two job interviews lined for during the Christmas break!! :clap: (although I feel so underqualified oh my god)
Congratulations!!!! You got this!!!

The semester is definitely chugging along, but I CANNOT WAIT for December break. I have never been this desperately grateful for a long weekend/time off school. Last night was the first time I even looked at notes since a midterm in the middle of last week and all of that non-studying time was glorious.

Overall really happy right now. Our class is fantastic, and I feel like in just the past few weeks I've gotten a lot closer to several people which is really nice. Living situation turned out great, and so far I haven't failed out so can't really complain. Have a research job lined up for the summer in an area that has always fascinated me so I'm super excited!
That's awesome!!!!! I can't wait for winter break too :soexcited:

I'm alive. Our extended weekend with our 4 day week definitely helped. Now we have a whole 9 glorious days off. My group of peeps were the only people who were reviewing anatomy today after class. Everyone else was like peace out. We did bird anatomy today though which was nice and a change of pace.

My dads "in town" (1.5 hrs away) for work. He's here through Thanksgiving so it was exciting and unexpected.

I'm so ready for extra sleeping though and a few days of nothingness!!!

Who's going to SAVMA Symposium?

Reactions: 1 users
I'm alive. Our extended weekend with our 4 day week definitely helped. Now we have a whole 9 glorious days off. My group of peeps were the only people who were reviewing anatomy today after class. Everyone else was like peace out. We did bird anatomy today though which was nice and a change of pace.

My dads "in town" (1.5 hrs away) for work. He's here through Thanksgiving so it was exciting and unexpected.

I'm so ready for extra sleeping though and a few days of nothingness!!!

Who's going to SAVMA Symposium?
I don't think I'm going this year :/ long trip and it's the week before finals.

My back hurts from sitting all day, everyday. Agh. I've tried to do some yoga and such but it isn't helping.

You guys host next year!!!! I'm super excited. Ew the week before finals? We don't have finals until May...
Hahaha I didn't know if it had been announced yet (didn't want to say) :p but YES!!!!!! YOU MUST COME AND WE WILL HAVE AN SDN MEETUP :biglove:
And we sometimes have classes that only run 1/2 a semester which is what we have next semester :)

We have weekly yoga for our backs. Stretch out those lower back muscles often!
I've been doing online videos every day or every other day. I wonder if I am doing too much yoga too soon haha. My back and shoulders are killlllling me. Especially since my doc recently said I need to sit up straighter to get fuller breaths to reduce anxiety. Having good posture is not going well for me lol.

I've been doing online videos every day or every other day. I wonder if I am doing too much yoga too soon haha. My back and shoulders are killlllling me. Especially since my doc recently said I need to sit up straighter to get fuller breaths to reduce anxiety. Having good posture is not going well for me lol.
Part of my back’s problem is my core isn’t strong enough. Very low-impact core exercises help my back more than things like yoga and stretching. Maybe something like that would help you more?

Part of my back’s problem is my core isn’t strong enough. Very low-impact core exercises help my back more than things like yoga and stretching. Maybe something like that would help you more?
The yoga videos I have been doing do have some core work in there as well! That is a good suggestion to do more of that thank you. I think I need to strengthen my shoulders and open up my chest as well.

My back hurts from sitting all day, everyday. Agh. I've tried to do some yoga and such but it isn't helping.
Ow, that sucks.

Vet school has definitely been killing my back as well. For my birthday my parents paid for me to go to a massage therapist and I think I’m going to have to find the money and make it a semi regular thing.

Reactions: 2 users
Ow, that sucks.

Vet school has definitely been killing my back as well. For my birthday my parents paid for me to go to a massage therapist and I think I’m going to have to find the money and make it a semi regular thing.
I requested a massage for Christmas lol. I'm pretty sure my insurance covers a chiropractor so I might try that? I'm not sure what else may help.

Welp, the stupidest I've felt all year was tonight when I was doing intake exams/vaccines/blood draws for a low cost wellness program through the school.

I couldn't even hear the heart on half the cats (despite managing to find the heart sounds on all the horses/dogs/etc that they have had us work with so far), effed up the SQ vaccine injection (despite having done them before), and just generally didn't know/successfully do anything. After 8 pokes on different cats managed to get blood.

Basically spent the first two hours trying not to cry. One of the people in my group (not a classmate) was giving off very judgemental vibes and it made it a very not ideal learning environment.

Oh well, there is always next time. In the meantime my friends who have cats are going to have me at their houses a lot. :shrug:

Welp, the stupidest I've felt all year was tonight when I was doing intake exams/vaccines/blood draws for a low cost wellness program through the school.

I couldn't even hear the heart on half the cats (despite managing to find the heart sounds on all the horses/dogs/etc that they have had us work with so far), effed up the SQ vaccine injection (despite having done them before), and just generally didn't know/successfully do anything. After 8 pokes on different cats managed to get blood.

Basically spent the first two hours trying not to cry. One of the people in my group (not a classmate) was giving off very judgemental vibes and it made it a very not ideal learning environment.

Oh well, there is always next time. In the meantime my friends who have cats are going to have me at their houses a lot. :shrug:
You're learning! Plus you're in a different environment you're not used to. People have those moments. It doesn't make you any less of a person.
For example I've done tprs on horses for things as important as competition events. Never had a problem. We took a horse out the other day and I couldn't hear her heart. I had even found it the last time we brought her out. My colleague even had issues. It was a bad day.

My point is your classmate shouldn't have judged you and it's ok. It's why we are in school :) hope things go better!

You're learning! Plus you're in a different environment you're not used to. People have those moments. It doesn't make you any less of a person.
For example I've done tprs on horses for things as important as competition events. Never had a problem. We took a horse out the other day and I couldn't hear her heart. I had even found it the last time we brought her out. My colleague even had issues. It was a bad day.

My point is your classmate shouldn't have judged you and it's ok. It's why we are in school :) hope things go better!
I did learn a lot, just felt about -100/10 about everything the entire time, and didn't really feel comfortable trying new things. It wasn't a classmate, my classmates were all super supportive. Especially when they realized how upset I was getting. It got better by the end, I was just disappointed because I figured I'd be at least slightly more competent than I was since I did some of that same stuff when I worked in small animal clinics.

I did learn a lot, just felt about -100/10 about everything the entire time, and didn't really feel comfortable trying new things. It wasn't a classmate, my classmates were all super supportive. Especially when they realized how upset I was getting. It got better by the end, I was just disappointed because I figured I'd be at least slightly more competent than I was since I did some of that same stuff when I worked in small animal clinics.
Ah sorry I miss read the classmate piece. Regardless you're there to learn and that's exactly what you did! I'm glad it got better and I'm sure you'll kick butt at the next thing!

I'm sorry tonight wasn't great :( We all have the moments, but that doesn't make it any less sucky when it happens to you. It takes practice, and you'll get there <3 Cat hearts are a lot more sternal than dogs, and it's a lot easier to heart them in the front of the chest than along the sides like in dogs. Maybe try that when you're practicing on friends kitties?

I'm sorry one of your group mates was rude. That's never fun :(

You listen to cat hearts the best in the middle, right over their sternum. Just move the stethy up and down a little until you hear the heartbeat. It's quieter than a dog as well, so you have to work a little harder.

Pay no mind to pissy people. You learn as you learn.

Reactions: 5 users
Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely give that a go next time I have a stethoscope and a cat in the same room. :) The issue I was having is that I would find it, but some sort of rumbling (not purring) would completely cover it up and then I would just hear occasional beats with lots of background noise. Would placement be part of the reason for that noise?

Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely give that a go next time I have a stethoscope and a cat in the same room. :) The issue I was having is that I would find it, but some sort of rumbling (not purring) would completely cover it up and then I would just hear occasional beats with lots of background noise. Would placement be part of the reason for that noise?
If you are not holding it still, you'll get hair rub noise. wiggly beasties of course enhance that. haha

Most cats spend the auscultation part of their exam tucked under my arm slightly smothered with a boob to get them still. Everything else I can basically do through pets and wriggles but you really need things calm for the heart and lungs.

Remember you're a student and this is the reason you're here... to learn. I did intake exams as a student and was overjoyed to barely hear huge murmurs on old cats, and nowadays I'm usually the one at my clinic confirming tiny quiet ones. things come with time.

Reactions: 7 users
Survived my first week back, after a 2 week break!! I'm already looking forward to winter break :laugh:
Onto horses this quarter, and the limb/head/neck for anatomy, renal and endocrine physiology, the start of my public health course, and the start of immunology! Super excited for this quarter!
Congrats to everyone who has survived thus far!! :clap::clap:

Reactions: 4 users
1.5 finals down, 2.5 to go

Reactions: 2 users
Finals start Friday. I have 0 motivation left I'm pretty sure. Though my list of stuff to do outside of school time keeps getting longer. It's all a trap!