Class of 2022...how you doin'?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My last anatomy practical went horribly. Finals start Monday and my stress is through the roof :dead:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Done with finals!! :soexcited:

Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Finished my gen path quiz today, now just have classes Monday and Tuesday and finals Thursday (Gen Path) and Friday (Cell Biology and Genetics). I'm feeling so damn burnt out but just gotta hack it until Friday!!! Good luck everyone on your finals!!
tenor.gif

Reactions: 3 users
One.... more.....final.... but zero.... motivation.....:arghh:

Reactions: 7 users
Passed my suturing skills test and now three days, two classes, and one final is all that is between me and finishing this semester!

Edit: oops, and a case presentation!

Reactions: 9 users
When you mande flash cards for stuff from the beginning of the semester when you had your life together and had energy instead of flying by the seat of your pants...ah yes. Thank you past me for having your life together. Current me and the future me taking the exam appreciates it.

Reactions: 11 users
So, is anyone else just in a constant state of catch up? Like I'm just playing catch up between courses. Had an immunology exam today, an anatomy written/practical on thursday. Two more tests next week, etc. And I feel like I catch up in one just in time to pass a test and then fall behind in others :yeahright::confused:

Reactions: 3 users
When you mande flash cards for stuff from the beginning of the semester when you had your life together and had energy instead of flying by the seat of your pants...ah yes. Thank you past me for having your life together. Current me and the future me taking the exam appreciates it.
Meanwhile one of my classmates is that lovely human being that makes all those (and shared them with the class), and I'm that lazy POS classmate that studies off of her hard work. :laugh:

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So, is anyone else just in a constant state of catch up? Like I'm just playing catch up between courses. Had an immunology exam today, an anatomy written/practical on thursday. Two more tests next week, etc. And I feel like I catch up in one just in time to pass a test and then fall behind in others :yeahright::confused:
Disclaimer this semester we haven't had more than 2 exams in a week, so not quite the same exam-crazy that you have.

I think that is just what you have to get used to feeling like, and get comfortable being on catch-up mode. Embrace the cramming lol. I have always been a start-the-night-before kind of studier so I find the feeling pretty normal, except that there is way more material to get through.

Yup. It’s very very common this time of the year. The nice thing, is that as time goes on you get slightly better at handling it! So I start the semester off strong with good grades and flash cards, so that when my brain runs out at the end of the semester, I have something to fall back on!

Reactions: 1 user
Yes. Always. It's like a never ending hotdog eating contest, except you haven't trained for it, and the hotdogs aren't even that good, and you just want to take a nap.
Yup. It’s very very common this time of the year. The nice thing, is that as time goes on you get slightly better at handling it! So I start the semester off strong with good grades and flash cards, so that when my brain runs out at the end of the semester, I have something to fall back on!
Yeah my "starting off strong" usually lasts about two weeks and then I'm flying by the seat of my pants the rest of the semester.

Yup, it never ends. Every semester I tell myself I'm going to start studying right away and not let myself get behind, and it never happens. :dead: This semester I'm lucky if I even get through all of the material once before each exam.

Reactions: 5 users
Yup, it never ends. Every semester I tell myself I'm going to start studying right away and not let myself get behind, and it never happens. :dead: This semester I'm lucky if I even get through all of the material once before each exam.
There have definitely been at least a couple exams where I walked in having gone through like...half the material. Oops.

May have done that this afternoon instead of studying for my final tomorrow or the next day... I have no shame and it was totally worth it.
I slept for 10 hours last night and didn't start studying until noon today. No exam is worth sacrificing my health and what remains of my sanity :horns:

Reactions: 4 users
I love this meme if you haven't seen it already. It's my favorite and the best and applies in any exam situation once I fall behind usually somewhere in the middle of the 2/3 exams for each class.
funny-tony-stark-thermonuclear-astrophysics.jpeg

Out of curiosity, how much extra-curricular stuff do the rest of you 2022ers have going on?

I'm an officer for 3 clubs, and am a clinic coordinator for community outreach programs we do to provide free vet care (minor ailments, vaccines, spays/neuters, minor surgeries, etc.) to the public and at a homeless shelter.

Also glad I'm not the only one feeling this way! We just started our second quarter and I already feel like I'm dying

Last edited:
I don't deserve my best friend lol. I literally missed 50% of the resp phys lectures solely because I couldn't be bothered to get out of bed (and the class doesn't have lecture capture). She knows that and yet she is still sending me her notes.

This friend also texts me every single time I don't show up to my first couple classes (despite this being way too common) to ask if I'm okay and make sure I'm alive.

I need to stop being such a terrible student lol. And I need to go get some more things to add to her Christmas present.

I love this meme if you haven't seen it already. It's my favorite and the best and applies in any exam situation once I fall behind usually somewhere in the middle of the 2/3 exams for each class.
View attachment 243966
Every. Single. Exam.

I'm defs posting this in the class Facebook group. :laugh:

Out of curiosity, how much extra-curricular stuff do the rest of you 2022ers have going on?
I help take care of the wildlife resident animals! (with @SportPonies which btw I tried @-ing “sportyspice” and was confused when it didn’t show up as an option...) Which is 1x a week and is only a couple hours out of my day, so it’s manageable. Lots of other people in my class help in the wildlife medical clinic, but I didn’t want to overload myself first year since I haven’t been in school full time in a couple years. Sporty spice and @batsenecal try to convince me to join next year at least once a week :laugh:
(And then I’m a member of way too many clubs but those are mainly just me going to lunch lectures and I’ve done 2 wetlabs (including an enucleation today!!!!) so not really much of a time commitment for those)

Last edited:
Not a 2022-er but I'm the resident coordinator of the ambassador program that Ski is talking about (which is def more than a few hours a week for me as the coordinator), I'm in a handful of clubs, part of the wildlife clinic, on the exec board for the wildlife clinic, and I did also work long-distance doing tests during my first year.

I'm great, I'm fine. It's fine.

Enjoy those extracurriculars. Enjoy them while you still can.

But for real I think it's important to do stuff besides studying all the time, whatever form that takes. Only you know how much you can handle and still do as well as you need/want to in school! I personally do better when I'm too busy to goof off (as long as life doesn't throw me any extra curveballs).

Reactions: 5 users
I do (arguably) too much. But I agree with WZ that having outside activities is a good idea. Like, if you can, have outside activities from vet med, even.

I do (arguably) too much. But I agree with WZ that having outside activities is a good idea. Like, if you can, have outside activities from vet med, even.
....out...side....vetmed....?!?!?! WHAT IS THIS NONSENSE
But also, I def brought my ice skates from home because I found out public skate is free for students so we’re gonna see how my back does with it....

Only one final and two days until I can go home to see my cat for the first time in 4 months :love:

I’m only in two clubs: Zoo/Exotic/Wildlife and a TNR group. I didn’t know how much time I would have outside of studying. I definitely want to join more next semester.

Reactions: 6 users
Not ‘22, but wanted to comment! I’m officer for 2 clubs, member of 3 additional clubs, medications captain for Operation Catnip (the TNR program the school/ community holds monthly) and then since we have the house system, I’m the second year head of house!

There’s probably more. I’m an involved person and can’t think of everything I’m listed on!

Not ‘22, but wanted to comment! I’m officer for 2 clubs, member of 3 additional clubs, medications captain for Operation Catnip (the TNR program the school/ community holds monthly) and then since we have the house system, I’m the second year head of house!

There’s probably more. I’m an involved person and can’t think of everything I’m listed on!
Wow. So sorry but there was such a missed opportunity here!!!
"Operation Catnip" should have been "Operation Cat-snip"!!

Reactions: 8 users
Glad to be released from prison. 13 hours post release and I have all these emails to catch up on and IRL things that didn't get done while in prison. Life on the outside is nice. I'll actually get some decent sleep for a while. I mean life on the inside is ok.There are some pretty great people in there and cool opportunities at times.

On a real note though I appreciate my profs because I got my exams back today and passed them all. Final today went well and I'm not worried about my score and will have easily passed the class. So can unofficially declare passage of semester 1 :clap:Now to wait to see if I passed all the sections of my surgical course or if I'll have to remediate anything. :shrug:

Thinking I did pretty poorly on my exam this morning. But it’s a 2 credit class. Sooooo I’m trying really hard to brush it off.

I hate finals week. It’s a constant struggle between “I can’t focus any longer” and “I need to do well in this to get the grade I want.” My anxiety always rears it’s ugly head this time of year.

:bang:

Thinking I did pretty poorly on my exam this morning. But it’s a 2 credit class. Sooooo I’m trying really hard to brush it off.

I hate finals week. It’s a constant struggle between “I can’t focus any longer” and “I need to do well in this to get the grade I want.” My anxiety always rears it’s ugly head this time of year.

:bang:
These feels. And this semester was such a bear I wasn't able to give myself the cushioning I needed to be able to have a finals slump. Hang in there!

These feels. And this semester was such a bear I wasn't able to give myself the cushioning I needed to be able to have a finals slump. Hang in there!
Same goes to you!

I focused a lot on my mental health this semester with moving, adjusting, and doing a LDR for the first time. I just have to keep reminding myself that my mental health is more important than my grades.

Same goes to you!

I focused a lot on my mental health this semester with moving, adjusting, and doing a LDR for the first time. I just have to keep reminding myself that my mental health is more important than my grades.

Good on you for making this a priority! My grades might not be as high as I would like, but so far my mental health is better than it ever was during my undergrad degree.

Good job c/o 2022! I do not know the hell that is finals week but I'm assured it's a horror. Bless you brave souls for conquering that mountain!