This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When do you guys think Cornell will call accepted students? I have an interview next week at another school, but I'm hoping that I'll hear from Cornell by then so I can cancel and not have to go. (If I'm lucky enough to be accepted)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
When do you guys think Cornell will call accepted students? I have an interview next week at another school, but I'm hoping that I'll here from Cornell by then so I can cancel and not have to go. (If I'm lucky enough to be accepted)

Likely 1/2 and 1/3. I have an interview on 1/3 myself but won't be able to cancel because I'll already be at the school, lol. Good luck!

Reactions: 3 users
You have to be accepted to the DVM portion first then they interview for the PhD. I believe I'm competitive for that but the DVM is a swing. I have a lot of life experience and I work with honeybees regularly though so I'm hoping that's interesting enough for them to take me. Dam chemistry killed me xD worst case I think I'm just going to keep reapplying to Cornell. It's my dream school and why settle for anything but the dream <3
One of the first year anatomy professors works with honeybees! She would love you ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else getting super anxious waiting?

Not sure I even have a good shot but fingers crossed.

Yeah I've been having heart palpitations. Bunch of anxiety haha but good thoughts can get you a long way! Good luck to everyone, I do believe we should get calls starting Wednesday

Reactions: 1 users
I’ve been trying not to think about it but of course it’s all I’ve been thinking about.

Good luck everyone! I know the anxiety may be getting to you right now, but try really hard to just go about your days normally for the next few days and not let yourself think about it for every second! Easier said than done lol but last year I wasted all of January 2nd panicking, didn't get a call and gave up hope, only to be pleasantly surprised by getting a call on January 3rd

Reactions: 7 users
Good luck everyone! I know the anxiety may be getting to you right now, but try really hard to just go about your days normally for the next few days and not let yourself think about it for every second! Easier said than done lol but last year I wasted all of January 2nd panicking, didn't get a call and gave up hope, only to be pleasantly surprised by getting a call on January 3rd
I read last year’s thread about a week ago and was so happy for all of you who got accepted on the 3rd! Congratulations! :clap:

Good luck to everybody. Hopefully we all hear good news tomorrow!

I'm nervous if I do get a call that it'll be at a time I can't answer the phone :nailbiting:

Does anyone know what time they usually start calling? I saw there was a delay last year. It probably isn’t at 4am, right? :ninja:

Reactions: 4 users
Oh gosh the anxiety is really kicking in haha hope everyone manages to have a good day still

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck everyone! Don’t get too panicked or nervous today. I got my call last year around 10 am on January 2 and they even did more calls on the 3rd! I also remember there was no rhyme or reason to who got called first (in state or out of state). Just go about your normal day and it is truly the best. I was working when I got my call but answered it cause I saw 607 number for Ithaca and freaked out!

Wow everyone! Just got the call with my acceptance (IS). What great news to wake up to! (It's 10 am here) I wish everyone the best of luck!!!!

Reactions: 20 users
Wow everyone! Just got the call with my acceptance (IS). What great news to wake up to! (It's 10 am here) I wish everyone the best of luck!!!!
Yayyyyy! Congratulations!!!

Accepted IS!!! Started crying in an airport

Reactions: 17 users
Congratulations to everyone who has gotten accepted! I’m so happy for you all. Does anyone know if any OOS people have been called yet?

People who were accepted do you mind sharing some very basic info about your application? GPA GRE and experiences in brief?

What was the number for everyone?

Do they send out rejections today or tomorrow or both too?

From what the other years say, today and tomorrow will be acceptance then Friday we'll get an email to go in and see if you were rejected/waitlisted

Accepted students and wait listed can go in Feb for the tour info sessions, March you get the financial aid packet, April they need your decision so thats when wait listed people might get good news

People who were accepted do you mind sharing some very basic info about your application? GPA GRE and experiences in brief?

GPA 3.5 GRE Q/V/A 156/158/5
My science GPA was honestly not high at all, maybe a 3.2, but I did go to a school that has a good relationship with Cornell. Experience wise: I spent an entire summer doing molecular genetics research in dogs, a summer working in wildlife rehab (no vet), shadowed at an speciality clinic for a few days, spent a winter break on a farm working with cows, and a lot of extracurriculars. I'm a vet assistant at a small animal clinic while in school & stayed there this past summer. Let me know if you have any other questions!! I am really shocked but very happy!

Reactions: 6 users
I keep staring at my phone as though looking at it will make it ring. Do they call non-US applicants? :arghh:

Any OOS peeps heard yet? :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Reactions: 2 users
I thought it would be so easy to go through my day and wait but now I can't focus on anything else:unsure:

I have a drs appt right now and I KNOW my blood pressures gonna be through the roooooof

Reactions: 5 users
GPA 3.5 GRE Q/V/A 156/158/5
My science GPA was honestly not high at all, maybe a 3.2, but I did go to a school that has a good relationship with Cornell. Experience wise: I spent an entire summer doing molecular genetics research in dogs, a summer working in wildlife rehab (no vet), shadowed at an speciality clinic for a few days, spent a winter break on a farm working with cows, and a lot of extracurriculars. I'm a vet assistant at a small animal clinic while in school & stayed there this past summer. Let me know if you have any other questions!! I am really shocked but very happy!

My stats were similar ^

I have a drs appt right now and I KNOW my blood pressures gonna be through the roooooof

“Wow that seems high... are you under some stress”
*twitch* “maybe” *twitch* *checks phone* *twitch* *drips sweat*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep staring at my phone as though looking at it will make it ring. Do they call non-US applicants? :arghh:

Received a call this morning 10am (NY time), international applicant (from Canada)!

Have heard that there's no order to how they call though!!

Reactions: 8 users
I have a lab job that is a dead zone. I hate to miss this call but I can't sit outside all day. Any chance they'll send a follow-up email?

I have a lab job that is a dead zone. I hate to miss this call but I can't sit outside all day. Any chance they'll send a follow-up email?
They send an email regardless on Friday I've heard

I think someone said that they’ll try to call back, and then they’ll probably leave a message.
And if you see you missed a call with no message, you can call them back I’m sure.

I feel like I’m losing my mind. I’m ready to scream at my phone. RIIIING RIIIING! :rofl::mad:

I can confirm that they do indeed leave a message since I missed the call initially! Also, the number has a 607 area code so be on the lookout for that :)

I can confirm that they do indeed leave a message since I missed the call initially! Also, the number 607 area code so be on the lookout for that :)
The voicemail of my dreams <3

Well the IS stats you guys have is promising for me. I had a slightly higher GPA (~3.6ish, not sure about science only, but around there since my degree had hardly any non-science). I also have a MSc in vet biomed, about 1500 hours of zoo animal husbandry, 5000 research hours, a publication, two honours theses, pocket pet stuff, horse stuff, and cattle stuff (now).

Accepted IS!!! Good luck everyone!!!

Reactions: 15 users
Received a call this morning 10am (NY time), international applicant (from Canada)!

Have heard that there's no order to how they call though!!

Congrats! Do you mind me asking your stats as another Canadian?

I just made an account to say:

I was taxiing to the runway on my way to Ohio State to interview, after being rerouted all day long from Dallas. I was about to switch my phone to airplane mode when I saw 607 and freaked out. I picked up as the flight attendant was telling me to put it away and the woman said she was calling from Cornell's CVM. She heard the flight attendant yelling at me and asked if it was a bad time and I was like "THERE IS NEVER A BAD TIME TO GET INTO CORNELL!"

OOS Acceptance!!

Reactions: 20 users
Has anyone's portal updated to reflect the decisions? Will it?

What time do they stop calling? I’m losing all hope.

Congrats! Do you mind me asking your stats as another Canadian?

Thank you!

Academics: overall 3.91 GPA, 167/170 verbal/quant GRE score
Experience: volunteer at a no-kill rescue shelter for 2 years, volunteer then vet assistant at an animal hospital for 2 years, independent research project in summer, executive in a non-profit organization advocating for children with disabilities for 1 year, summer field research course to marine mammal rescue facility in Mexico for 1 week

I think that's the most important stuff, my experience stats are not all that impressive compared to many. Let me know if you have any more questions ^^