Cornell Waitlist Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The Chronic MD

Funky Decknician
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any info as to how the Cornell waitlist works? Or when it picks up the most? I searched SDN and found another thread, but the amount of info in that thread is as minimal as my current brain cell count (thanks to Natural Light). I was just wondering if they review every applicant each time a spot opens up or what...Would it help to write a letter? Maybe I can send them something extra, like a picture of me in the club with 10 chicks surrounding me? Just kidding...Anyway, help a brotha out, I would really appreciate the info. Plus, I think I remember hearing that it has already started moving, but I'm not too sure.

Members don't see this ad.

I just received an email acceptance off of the waitlist. It commented that I was one of the first to get off so I'm sure more are to come. I wrote a letter to my interviewers, a letter of intent right after my last interview, and sent an update last week. Hope that helps.

:clap: hey congrats elbow... :) hope to see you there...

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks. I'll definitely be there.

I just got in off the waitlist too. I have some reservations about it, mainly because of the school being in New York. :confused: However, the school is goddamn awesome with a really exciting curriculum. I would love to talk to any of you guys, please e-mail me if you are so inclined. We're gonna know each other pretty well after 4 years, why not start now. Your performance in undergrad must have been straight gangsta. Congratulations! :laugh:

congrats snoopdizzle :clap: feel free to discuss Cornell here - more opinions :)

what about NY worries you? the size? terrorism?

I recently visited New York to look at NYU and Mount Sinai. The first thing I did was take the subway to Cornell and hand Montano a letter exalting Cornell. I am sure that helped me. Thirty percent of the class each year are waitlist acceptees so I think anyone on it has a sporting chance. Also, make SURE you let them know your interested. That's the first thing they look for... right from Montano's mouth. Good luck Chronic! I hear NY has a pot delivery service, if that's what your name means. Oh well...

After that, I immediately ruled out Sinai because it didn't feel like a school and the facilities were pretty wack. Also, I sat outside the dorm entrance and watched all sorts of students roll out in Gucci, Burburry, Chanel and Prada. I was like, what is this a goddamn fashion institute? There's nothing wrong with looking good, but something about it seemed excessive to me. Perhaps my sample wasn't representative, but I did sit there for a good half hour and didn't really garner a good opinion from their conversations either. I'm sure its a great place to go to school, but what I saw turned me away. I've heard nothing but positive things about it.

However, as I looked harder at NYU my patience for New York was wearing thin. Crowded diners, space as a premium, car alarms waking me up, feeling the irrepressible need to walk insanely fast, pigeons cooing, etc. As I left for Philadelphia, I noticed the air get a lot fresher... even in Jersey! I said that I would go to Medical College of Wisconsin for now, because it doesn't present as large of a hassle. I proceeded to **** all over NY to my family, but still said everytime "I shouldn't make it sound too bad, because if Cornell takes me I'm going." When I got home, my letter was waiting for me. Lo and behold, here we go.

Funny because the two times before I LOVED New York. Part of the problem this time were these two damn cats at my friends apartment keeping my up all night and sleeping in my clothes. So I dragged my tired ass all over town smelling like cat-love and just looked at schools (did nothing fun). Not to mention him and his girlfriend were fighting the whole time. Needless to say, I felt like Jack Lemmon in The Out of Towners (rent it if you haven't seen it). I'm doing a second look at Cornell in a week, but its more a second look at NY for me. I know things will be different. Anyone else have any reservations about NY? Cornell is incredible, no doubt there. Arguably the most attractive school to attend in the nation from what I have seen.

Oh and about the terrorism stuff, if NY goes down... I'm going with it. I could use a little excitement. I don't believe anything will happen. For some reason, Al-Qaeda nowadays really likes to run attacks in the Middle East and North Africa. Go figure. I'm done letting the media and government try to scare me.

Sorry if this post makes me sound like an irritable bastard, just relaying my last experience in NY. The next one will be better, I know exactly what I did wrong. Its all smiles, come August believe me! Kudos, fellas.

-Erich
-Weill 2007

:clap: :clap: :clap:
ahhhhh
spoken like a true new yorker. you'll fit in well here. see you in september... or is it august? :confused:
me and paper work :rolleyes:
Originally posted by snoopdizzle

Oh and about the terrorism stuff, if NY goes down... I'm going with it. I could use a little excitement. I don't believe anything will happen. For some reason, Al-Qaeda nowadays really likes to run attacks in the Middle East and North Africa. Go figure. I'm done letting the media and government try to scare me.

DarkChild...
I see that you're from NY, any tips on New York survival? I'm really worried that its going to be a tough adjustment for me.