-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Des Moines University (DMU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017
Started by AlteredScale
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Never count yourself out, I've seen multiple ppl with lower stats get interviews over me, proves its more than a numbers game!Those are good stats... Doubt I have a shot here....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
waitlisted pre-interview, has anyone had further success with this school following a pre-interview waitlist? Thanks
stats: 505, 3.6
I did! I was put on pre-interview hold in the fall last year. I kept sending in updates when I had something new (such as new grades, a new job, extra shadowing, an internship for the summer) and in February they sent me an II. I just started a few weeks ago at DMU 🙂 Keep showing them that you're interested!
Thank you for this insight! How did you send your updates?I did! I was put on pre-interview hold in the fall last year. I kept sending in updates when I had something new (such as new grades, a new job, extra shadowing, an internship for the summer) and in February they sent me an II. I just started a few weeks ago at DMU 🙂 Keep showing them that you're interested!
These DO schools (DMU, AZCOM, CCOM, etc) have the same if not higher matric averages than low/mid (state) tier MD schools. Crazy.
These DO schools (DMU, AZCOM, CCOM, etc) have the same if not higher matric averages than low/mid (state) tier MD schools. Crazy.
The grade replacement helps
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Thank you for this insight! How did you send your updates?
I think I updated AACOMAS with my grades for fall semester and emailed DMU all other updates. Maybe you can update AACOMAS with experience updates like a new volunteer position or shadowing...I'm not sure. I wanted to make sure they were seeing my updates and how much I wanted to go to DMU, so I emailed every couple weeks (if I had something.) I was put on hold in early November and received my II in mid-Feb, so you might have a few months to wait. Keep volunteering, shadowing, etc!
Awesome, will do. Thank you so much!I think I updated AACOMAS with my grades for fall semester and emailed DMU all other updates. Maybe you can update AACOMAS with experience updates like a new volunteer position or shadowing...I'm not sure. I wanted to make sure they were seeing my updates and how much I wanted to go to DMU, so I emailed every couple weeks (if I had something.) I was put on hold in early November and received my II in mid-Feb, so you might have a few months to wait. Keep volunteering, shadowing, etc!
Interview September 15th! Does anyone know by chance roughly how many students they ask to interview?
Around 700 interviews on average
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I feel ya 🙁Pre-Interview hold just now.
Just got the pre-interview hold as well
Have faith friends ! It is still early [emoji106]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Have faith friends ! It is still early [emoji106]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
When were you complete? I feel like they are making their way down (sorta) based on that.Pre-Interview hold just now.
Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile
+1 to the interview hold list
+1 to the interview hold list
Sorry to hear that! When were you complete?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I was complete July 12. A little bummed since I was born & raised in Iowa, but I guess there's still hope!
Interviewing Sept 2nd! So excited. I bombed my first interview at BCOM 🙁 Any tips? Anyone else interviewing on the 2nd?
As I'm sure many people would like to know this info:
Class of 2018 Boards Performance
95.7% COMLEX I pass rate
544 Average
94.1 USMLE I pass rate (About 60% of class took it)
227 Average
Class of 2018 Boards Performance
95.7% COMLEX I pass rate
544 Average
94.1 USMLE I pass rate (About 60% of class took it)
227 Average
Wow that's really impressive!As I'm sure many people would like to know this info:
Class of 2018 Boards Performance
95.7% COMLEX I pass rate
544 Average
94.1 USMLE I pass rate (About 60% of class took it)
227 Average
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When were you complete?II!
If I could dance, I would be doing a happy one right now.
When were you complete?
July 19th.
Congrats!July 19th.
Accepted!
Awesome! When did you interview? Must have been the first day!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Yep! I interviewed on 8/18. Wonderful school, great program. I'm very excited!!
congratulations! would you mind sharing your stats?July 19th.
I know they're not completely indicative and the admissions process is shrouded in mystery, but I was complete 7/18 and slightly jittery.

congratulations! would you mind sharing your stats?
I know they're not completely indicative and the admissions process is shrouded in mystery, but I was complete 7/18 and slightly jittery.![]()
506 MCAT
Both science and cumulative GPA were a little over 3.4.
II!!! 504 MCAT 3.82 sgpa 3.84cgpa. Complete 7/13. So pumped!
II. Complete 8/13
II!!! 504 MCAT 3.82 sgpa 3.84cgpa. Complete 7/13. So pumped!
II. Complete 8/13
Just now??
II just now. Complete 8/15
3.8/510Congrats to all who received an II!!! What were your stats if you don't mind me asking? And does anyone know if this school sends out post secondary rejections? Or do you just never hear anything again?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
3.62GPA 502 MCAT URMCongrats to all who received an II!!! What were your stats if you don't mind me asking? And does anyone know if this school sends out post secondary rejections? Or do you just never hear anything again?
Thank you! Good luck to you as well!You should have plenty more II's in the cycle. Awesome stats. Good luck!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 177
- Views
- 61K
- Replies
- 601
- Views
- 160K
- Replies
- 855
- Views
- 185K
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 232K