Doctor Who WW Official Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
LOVED this game!! Great job mods!

Ok, DMVDream, spill!

Members don't see this ad.

i would like to thank krist for whatever she did that got her killed since i was converted the same night i resurrected her and she was supposed to be resurrected as a bad ass that prob woudl have been trouble for the wolves

so thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
SOV really had me believing the silence weren't really evil. I usually don't try to get inside scoop before the game's over but I had to ask cuit and IPB about that one. I was feeling bad for killing jjohnston.

zpage231.gif

:bow:

i would like to thank krist for whatever she did that got her killed since i was converted the same night i resurrected her and she was supposed to be resurrected as a bad ass that prob woudl have been trouble for the wolves

so thanks
She referred to what happened to her at the beginning of the game not being the same as what happened to krist. She was not allowed to allude to the mind control at all.

P.S. I love the TARDIS move, mods. That was awesome.
Well, you can't have a Doctor Who game without the TARDIS, and making it an item didn't seem epic enough. :)

But seriously, most of this game was all cuit, so thank her!

Members don't see this ad :)
Cuit said that the silence were wolves
I knew we were wolves, but that doesn't make you evil!
We really discussed exactly what our role was supposed to be. It just didn't make sense to have pacifist wolves. I thought it was a plot twist that we were supposed to think we were wolves when we weren't. Didn't quite understand why DVMD could kill (every 3rd night) though. None of it added up to me. Perhaps I overthought it.

Fantastic game, mods! A great source of distraction during my first few weeks of vet school :thumbup: Totally lost in Dr. Who-land but the game was a ton of fun :D

What was the deal with the mind control? I was approached by some devious person to attack dyachei but couldn't cause I was a harmless Torchwood Agent...

FWIW.... I was mostly telling the truth.

The silence could not kill, could not convert.
Ok, we were told we were wolves, but we didn't really believe it.

We were the pacifist wolves.

We did have the mind control thing, but it was mostly worthless, it all seemed a cruel joke. I am sure Nyanko is so happy I got that role.

In the end we just kept on telling people to use their role on someone else to find the daleks out (and help the villagers and help our survival).

We only discovered WTF, and she went insane anyway.

Not sure why we didn't discover kakuru. Someone must have been protected when we compelled her.

Anyway, we were sort of, kind of, lame, pacifist wolves. Or so the mods say.

I was never told I was EVIL, so was shocked about my write-up when I died.
Ah, that night kakuru was not the killing Dalek, but she did have the power to protect one player from investigation, so she ended up shielding LIS instead of killing him. ;)

And cuit and I thought the Silence would go in a vastly different direction than you guys took it. Honestly, I envisioned you guys finding the Daleks out and commanding them to kill your choice of targets while cackling evilly that they couldn't complain about what was happening.

cut the crap trying to get villagers to say things to lynch other villagers and get lynched is evil. you were just worse at being evil than the dalek.

:smuggrin:

Ah, that night kakuru was not the killing Dalek, but she did have the power to protect one player from investigation, so she ended up shielding LIS instead of killing him. ;)

And cuit and I thought the Silence would go in a vastly different direction than you guys took it. Honestly, I envisioned you guys finding the Daleks out and commanding them to kill your choice of targets while cackling evilly that they couldn't complain about what was happening.
How were we supposed to do that with no investigations? :(

And I figured if we compelled any of them to use their "power", they would always kill. Never guessed they had to be the one killing that night.

Feck me. You were a cruel mod.

now I don't know what to do with my life :whistle:

cut the crap trying to get villagers to say things to lynch other villagers and get lynched is evil. .

We started out trying that but there were so many restrictions we realized it was useless. Again, it just all seemed a huge tease.

And Krist screwed our strategy by not saying what we told her to say and then contradicting it anyway. That was the end of that being effective.

you were just worse at being evil than the dalek.

Whatever.

good game everyone. didn't think i'd win it. thank you samoa and swingnsave for getting in your little fight and thank you coquette for being a noob.

Did I count wrong? I see 4 daleks plus a conversion (nyanko), for 5 wolves. Plus 3 Silence (JJ, Jam, SOV) with an add-on (DVMD).

That's basically 8 people opposing the villagers in a game of 30, and we came down to the final draw on the loss? Hell, I'm happy with those results. That game was brutally tilted against the villagers, especially with the limited investigation stuff (our only true role investigating was every other night, and the rest was "threat vs not threat"). Doesn't make it any less fun, because it was an awesome game, but ... ouch. I think the villagers actually did pretty well.

That's basically 8 people opposing the villagers in a game of 30, and we came down to the final draw on the loss? Hell, I'm happy with those results. That game was brutally tilted against the villagers, especially with the limited investigation stuff (our only true role investigating was every other night, and the rest was "threat vs not threat"). Doesn't make it any less fun, because it was an awesome game, but ... ouch. I think the villagers actually did pretty well.

didn't krist say she had an investigative role? and dyachei? wait until the roles come out to critique the balance!

also i think threat vs not threat is the best investigation possible. roles are so confusing sometimes.

didn't krist say she had an investigative role? and dyachei? wait until the roles come out to critique the balance!

also i think threat vs not threat is the best investigation possible. roles are so confusing sometimes.

Dyachei did, but it was ... kinda a moving target as to how often she could do it and how well it worked. I already knew about that, so I'm sticking with my critique. 8 opposing the villagers in a game of 30 is rough.

But yeah, I can see your threat/not threat point. So long as "threat" reliably means "opposing the villagers". If (example) a villager with an assassin ability would have come back "threat", then I'm not so sure.

Dyachei did, but it was ... kinda a moving target as to how often she could do it and how well it worked. I already knew about that, so I'm sticking with my critique. 8 opposing the villagers in a game of 30 is rough.

But yeah, I can see your threat/not threat point. So long as "threat" reliably means "opposing the villagers". If (example) a villager with an assassin ability would have come back "threat", then I'm not so sure.

I only became an investigator after Krist died.

well to be fair, the silence were also in opposition to the dalek, and the dalek to the silence. to be honest, when i was converted and realized that there were 2 groups i was definitely more interested in finding the silence and killing them than villagers, lol

One of the things that confused me is that JJ was told she was investigated and came back "no threat." I thought that was proof that the Silence were not opposed to the villagers.

I have to find out who said that, and check with mods why we were "no threat." Maybe because we couldn't kill?

Kanderson is the one who told JJ she was cleared, but didn't say how.

One of the things that confused me is that JJ was told she was investigated and came back "no threat." I thought that was proof that the Silence were not opposed to the villagers.

I have to find out who said that, and check with mods why we were "no threat." Maybe because we couldn't kill?

I tried to investigate JJ and it didn't work.

Kakuru came back threat and then I died

I don't know if this is exactly the answer, but post-death one of the mods told me I was the only one who could investigate the Silence successfully. It maybe has to do with that?

You played it awesomely at the end. Beautiful timing on everything.
I agree. When it gets down to three-four players, it's always dicey for the lone wolf, and this game was no exception.

Although I really thought that SOV was going to win it for the Silence up until the day he was lynched. Very well played until your death, bravo. Cuit texted me about it: "He told them there were 2 groups, but they were neutral. He told them to lynch kaydubs instead. AND THEY DID IT. OMG"

well to be fair, the silence were also in opposition to the dalek, and the dalek to the silence. to be honest, when i was converted and realized that there were 2 groups i was definitely more interested in finding the silence and killing them than villagers, lol
Were you told we were in opposition? It was never at all clear. I wondered what happened if both sides were alive at the end.

I also wondered what would happen if you tried to kill us. In some lounge games, wolves become allies... although here mostly they just kill each other.

I don't know if this is exactly the answer, but post-death one of the mods told me I was the only one who could investigate the Silence successfully. It maybe has to do with that?
Yes. The Doctor (krist and then dyachei) and the Sonic Lipstick could scan for threat/not threat. Threat was wolves, not threat was villagers. The scan didn't always work, but when it did it was 100% accurate except in the case of the two Silence aliens (jj and jam, who actually did the mind control). Converted-DVMD and SOV would have come back as threat, as they were not Silence aliens but humans associated with the Silence. The only seer who could detect the two Silence aliens was LIS, the Agent in Black.

If there had ended up being only Daleks and Silence alive, no villagers, the game would have continued until one group outnumbered the other to win. :D

Yes. This was one of the 'hidden' mechanisms we used.
Although I really thought that SOV was going to win it for the Silence up until the day he was lynched. Very well played until your death, bravo. Cuit texted me about it: "He told them there were 2 groups, but they were neutral. He told them to lynch kaydubs instead. AND THEY DID IT. OMG"
:thumbup: I was very impressed/slightly frustrated, as I had been writing your death results so they would be ready.
Were you told we were in opposition? It was never at all clear. I wondered what happened if both sides were alive at the end.

I also wondered what would happen if you tried to kill us. In some lounge games, wolves become allies... although here mostly they just kill each other.
No, they weren't told there was another group of wolves. If it came down to Daleks vs. Silence, whoever outnumbered the other would have won. And the Daleks would have killed you -- they're the ones who killed DVMD.

Also, I'm a little sad that the Daleks didn't try to convert the Doctor.

I like how based on no info other than reading the thread, I made the conclusion that 1)jj was a wolf and 2) that there were 2 wolf groups. I purposely sent messages to noobs because I figured no one else would take them seriously. Also, LIS mentioned on the thread that it seems like people that get moved to the library were wolves so I started moving people I was suspicious of. Up until after nyanko anyways. Then I just decided to get everyone in one group so I moved Samoa.

I like how based on no info other than reading the thread, I made the conclusion that 1)jj was a wolf and 2) that there were 2 wolf groups. I purposely sent messages to noobs because I figured no one else would take them seriously. Also, LIS mentioned on the thread that it seems like people that get moved to the library were wolves so I started moving people I was suspicious of. Up until after nyanko anyways. Then I just decided to get everyone in one group so I moved Samoa.
lol

I love that.

Cuitl, what would have happened if they tried to convert the doctor?

That ticked me off. I really wanted him lynched, but just couldn't get past the confusion bubble he generated. I didn't want to keep pushing on it TOO hard because that can really come back to bite you in the ass.

Nicely done, SOV.

Mods: Why were there 2 kills that night then?

Daleks: Why did you kill DVMD when she was going to be lynched for sure the next day? That seemed so .....irrational.
One was DVMD's kill, one was her getting killed. We decided to let her have her kill before she died.

As usual I was "suspicious" for a long time, even though I really was trying to find Daleks.

I really wanted to die earlier, but would never betray the integrity of the game if I could :D..

At least I wasn't converted this game. :rolleyes:

Could Daleks convert the silence?

Mods: Why were there 2 kills that night then?
That was one of DVMD's kill nights. So, basically, she got orca then the Daleks got her.
Cuitl, what would have happened if they tried to convert the doctor?
The Doctor would have become the Valeyard (not affiliated with anyone), and would have won the game if they had survived to the end.

Awesome game mods, despite my unfortunate deaths! :thumbup:

I investigated JJ and came back "no threat" and told kanderson, because we could communicate.

SO much fun...now back to vet school :(