Doctor Who WW Official Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I would presume they will, too. So I hope whoever has the vortex thingy protects me.

What does sharing who I'm investigating help with?

Just wondering if you were looking for suggestions or you're already certain of who you're investigating. Why would it matter if you'll probably die anyway. What if the vortex is in a wolf's hands?

and if you do die, telling us who you're suspicious of might help us when it comes to lynching someone next cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wondering if you were looking for suggestions or you're already certain of who you're investigating. Why would it matter if you'll probably die anyway. What if the vortex is in a wolf's hands?

I'm open to suggestions. I don't think I have any better idea than anyone else who to lynch. My reasons for going after kakuru were somewhat weak; that was more blind-ass luck than anything else.

I'm open to suggestions. I don't think I have any better idea than anyone else who to lynch. My reasons for going after kakuru were somewhat weak; that was more blind-ass luck than anything else.

Do we know how many wolves are left? And if you're open to sugestion, I'd say go with someone you believe to be converted or someone uncleared. Nyanko & coquette
I believe samoa is a villager.

But if there's 2 wolves left, wouldn't that mean if they killed a villager tonight, the game is over? :( so maybe there's just one left?

My thoughts, in case for some absurd reason the wolf (going on assumption here) targets me even though I can't do anything and haven't paid enough attention to have a great hunch right now.

I believe that LIS and Coquette were good to begin with, but I don't know anything about swingnsave or Samoa. Based on voting patterns and stuff I am inclined to believe that everyone who is left was good at the beginning of the game. So I don't know that the cleared/uncleared list means a whole lot, nor mine and Coquette's roles being out in the open. Also I feel like the best conversion target out of the 5 of us remaining would have been LIS, but the quandary is that he is the most valuable to us if he HASN'T been converted. Perhaps the person with the lipstick should re-investigate LIS to make sure that he's on the up and up so that his results and motivations can be trusted? I've SEEN wolves throw other wolves under the bus late before and it can be a hell of a way to ensure victory.

My thoughts, in case for some absurd reason the wolf (going on assumption here) targets me even though I can't do anything and haven't paid enough attention to have a great hunch right now.

I believe that LIS and Coquette were good to begin with, but I don't know anything about swingnsave or Samoa. Based on voting patterns and stuff I am inclined to believe that everyone who is left was good at the beginning of the game. So I don't know that the cleared/uncleared list means a whole lot, nor mine and Coquette's roles being out in the open. Also I feel like the best conversion target out of the 5 of us remaining would have been LIS, but the quandary is that he is the most valuable to us if he HASN'T been converted. Perhaps the person with the lipstick should re-investigate LIS to make sure that he's on the up and up so that his results and motivations can be trusted? I've SEEN wolves throw other wolves under the bus late before and it can be a hell of a way to ensure victory.

I don't have any real disagreement with the logic, other than this seems like a good way to get someone to use the lipstick on me if you already know I'm going down tonight..... thus making sure the lipstick doesn't get used on anyone else.

I don't have any real disagreement with the logic, other than this seems like a good way to get someone to use the lipstick on me if you already know I'm going down tonight..... thus making sure the lipstick doesn't get used on anyone else.

My thoughts exactly. And the fact you still have the arch to use if you ARE a wolf.

But if there's 2 wolves left, wouldn't that mean if they killed a villager tonight, the game is over? :(
I'm not saying anything about how many wolves are left, just noting that you are correct in this line of thinking. The villagers win if they kill all the wolves; the wolves win if they get their numbers equal to the number of villagers remaining.

Still waiting for all the PMs...

I'm not saying anything about how many wolves are left, just noting that you are correct in this line of thinking. The villagers win if they kill all the wolves; the wolves win if they get their numbers equal to the number of villagers remaining.

Still waiting for all the PMs...

I was just saying bc if there are 2 wolves left we can't do anything about them killing a villager tonight, thus them winning. I just don't wanna waste my time banging my head trying to figure out who's a wolf :sigh:

Members don't see this ad :)

And that argument seems like a good way to deflect investigation of yourself.

And that argument seems like a good way to deflect investigation of yourself.

Well. Between the two of us, I think I've clearly contributed a lot more toward finding and outing wolves in this game than you have. So since we seem equally adept at pushing suspicion on each other, I'll suggest that my record stands for itself and your record is .... absent.

Still missing PMs. Reminders have been sent and things will be RNG'd at deadline if necessary.

c'mon people, get them in! I wanna end this already! :mad:

Paranoia will destroy ya.

It's not paranoia if they are all out to get you.

Sometimes paranoia's just having all the facts

This is a do-it-yourself test for paranoia: you know you've got it when you can't think of anything that's your fault

I think paranoia can be instructive in the right doses. Paranoia is a skill.

This is a do-it-yourself test for paranoia: you know you've got it when you can't think of anything that's your fault

this made me paranoid

Huh?? I think this will replace paranoia with confusion.. :laugh:

LIS, why aren't you using the arch to protect someone else, if you're dead set on leaving yourself exposed tonight?

For that matter, the only reason to leave yourself exposed is if you know you're not in any danger.

Also, swingnsave just tried to mislead me via PM into thinking it wasn't possible to protect someone else with it. but I've had the device, so I know.

I think they're both wolves.

Also, swingnsave just tried to mislead me via PM into thinking it wasn't possible to protect someone else with it. but I've had the device, so I know.

I think they're both wolves.

I've had the device too! The mods said I could use it to protect MYSELF from investigation, not anyone. I didn't mislead you, and you're coming off awfully strong against me. If I die tonight, YOU are the wolf. (and if there's a 2nd wolf, it's LIS) but that's only in the case of me dying.

thelibrary.jpg

Another day, another distress call from the Library: The LIS, the Agent in Black, has been found dead. Who will determine players' roles now?

Also, it appears that the Library has gained another new resident. Please make note of who is in your group when PMing.

4 players remain

Earth

1. nohika - The Valiant Child
2. equineconstant - Torchwood Agent
3. WTF - Dalek Caan

Gallifrey
1. lissarae06 - The Runaway Bride
2. kanderson615 - The Woman Who Walked the Earth
3. Coquette22
4. twelvetigers - Torchwood Agent
5. SOV - The Eye Patch Lady

The Library
1. dyachei - The Eleventh Doctor
2. devyn - Human Dalek who chose to become a Torchwood Agent
3. SnS - Torchwood Agent
4. The LIS - The Agent in Black
5. DVMD - The Impossible Astronaut who chose to side with the Silence
6. jjohnston - Silence
7. kakuru - Dalek Sec
8. nyanko
9. Samoa

Messaline
1. krist
2. kaydubs - Torchwood Agent
3. Jamr0ckin - Silence
4. Foxhunter - Dalek Jast
5. EngrSC - Torchwood Agent

Ood-Sphere
1. Orca2011 - Torchwood Agent
2. Wolfspeaker - The Last Centurion
3. zanydogz - Torchwood Agent
4. swingnsave

Krop Tor
1. hedgie - UNIT Agent Beta
2. Flim Flam Man - Torchwood Agent
3. FTB - The Girl Who Waited
4. wldlfstdnt - Dalek Thay

It is now Day 13. You have until 10 pm CDT to lynch one player. We're going to try and wrap this up tonight!

thelibrary.jpg

Another day, another distress call from the Library: The LIS, the Agent in Black, has been found dead. Who will determine players' roles now?

Also, it appears that the Library has gained another new resident. Please make note of who is in your group when PMing.

4 players remain

Earth

1. nohika - The Valiant Child
2. equineconstant - Torchwood Agent
3. WTF - Dalek Caan

Gallifrey
1. lissarae06 - The Runaway Bride
2. kanderson615 - The Woman Who Walked the Earth
3. Coquette22
4. twelvetigers - Torchwood Agent
5. SOV - The Eye Patch Lady

The Library
1. dyachei - The Eleventh Doctor
2. devyn - Human Dalek who chose to become a Torchwood Agent
3. SnS - Torchwood Agent
4. The LIS - The Agent in Black
5. DVMD - The Impossible Astronaut who chose to side with the Silence
6. jjohnston - Silence
7. kakuru - Dalek Sec
8. nyanko
9. Samoa

Messaline
1. krist
2. kaydubs - Torchwood Agent
3. Jamr0ckin - Silence
4. Foxhunter - Dalek Jast
5. EngrSC - Torchwood Agent

Ood-Sphere
1. Orca2011 - Torchwood Agent
2. Wolfspeaker - The Last Centurion
3. zanydogz - Torchwood Agent
4. swingnsave

Krop Tor
1. hedgie - UNIT Agent Beta
2. Flim Flam Man - Torchwood Agent
3. FTB - The Girl Who Waited
4. wldlfstdnt - Dalek Thay

It is now Day 13. You have until 10 pm CDT to lynch one player. We're going to try and wrap this up tonight!

****! This means one wolf left. And in PMs, Samoa was completely against LIS and led me to make the decision to use the lipstick on LIS. I say misdirection.
lynch Samoa

Official Lynch Tally:

Samoa (2) - swingnsave, Coquette

Will plurality be reached before deadline?

Official lynch tally:

Samoa (2)
- swingnsave, coquette

Only 4 players are left, so to close early we need a plurality of 3. Or a tie, I suppose, but you don't want that, do you? :D

ETA: Dangit, I thought I refreshed the page before posting.

unlynch samoa

i don't want the wolf jumping on board with a villager lynch to reach plurality
I want to hear what everyone thinks

unlynch samoa

i don't want the wolf jumping on board with a villager lynch to reach plurality
I want to hear what everyone thinks

So you don't think Samoa is the wolf? You sounded pretty convinced.

unlynch Samoa

I don't blame her for being suspicious of LIS but if she was really really pushing for it I do think that's a little weird.

Official lynch tally:

Samoa (1)
- coquette

Waffles! Mods like waffles...

what I want to know is why did nobody protect LIS?? He was an out seer and I really can't imagine what role would be more important than that.

what I want to know is why did nobody protect LIS?? He was an out seer and I really can't imagine what role would be more important than that.

LIS said she had the arch, but wasn't going to use it.

Also, it would be awfully dumb of me to come out saying I thought LIS was a wolf, thus drawing suspicion on myself, if I knew she was next to die and would be proven a villager.

So you don't think Samoa is the wolf? You sounded pretty convinced.

unlynch Samoa

I don't blame her for being suspicious of LIS but if she was really really pushing for it I do think that's a little weird.

I do think Samoa is a wolf, but with coquette and you jumping on board so quick without even questioning my reasoning or giving any imput, I thought it would be a good opportunity for a wolf to jump on board to quickly get rid of another villager.

LIS said she had the arch, but wasn't going to use it.

Also, it would be awfully dumb of me to come out saying I thought LIS was a wolf, thus drawing suspicion on myself, if I knew she was next to die and would be proven a villager.

First gender conversion in this game took a really long time. (LIS is an old, old man. emphasis on old.)