Don't WWake the Baby - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m pretty convinced this is v/v. It’s good to continue to reevaluate people and not consider them cleared by any one thing, but Dubz is really serious about not bussing packmates. Considering we seem to be at VOLO I think we need you and dds to put aside your suspicion of each other because you’re our most likely villagers right now. Who else are you looking at?
To be completely honest I haven’t been able to give much thought to it the last couple days. I’m thinking Zenge and sporty. But I genuinely think dds is a wolf. Aside from the meta, I can’t see any way he’s not unless he’s just monumentally bad at reading people. As I said, every single person he’s picked is dead and a villager aside Dubz.
 
N0-N1 prior to conversion. The monitor is kind of useless unless you catch one of three wolves when it’s their night to hunt.
“When it’s their night to hunt” rubs me the wrong way here. I’m gonna come back to it later
I’m pretty convinced this is v/v. It’s good to continue to reevaluate people and not consider them cleared by any one thing, but Dubz is really serious about not bussing packmates. Considering we seem to be at VOLO I think we need you and dds to put aside your suspicion of each other because you’re our most likely villagers right now. Who else are you looking at?
This. Hmmm. Idk how to feel about it, but I’ll deal with that tomorrow
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just tell me.....is there someone else?

Was it something I said?

sad dr who GIF
Now that you mention it…
 
To be completely honest I haven’t been able to give much thought to it the last couple days. I’m thinking Zenge and sporty. But I genuinely think dds is a wolf. Aside from the meta, I can’t see any way he’s not unless he’s just monumentally bad at reading people. As I said, every single person he’s picked is dead and a villager aside Dubz.
Thanks for your help, wolfhound.
 
This reads list is not going to be satisfying for you guys. I'm sorry about that in advance.

Overall: dds>sunny~sporty>zenge>visc>mel>alley

Mel- Village as far as I can tell. I've been PMing him and he's been useful. I already voted him hard twice and I really don't see him being a wolf the this time around. I could be wrong, but I trust him at this point. He could have screwed me over that night with Dubz and didn't. At the very least, he's not an original wolf. I'm leaning village end of neutral. Like a 3 on the village to wolf scale.

Sunny- I'm leaning the wolf end of neutral. I don't have enough proof to say she's a wolf, aside from how she's definitely been manufacturing offense at a lot of things that I don't think anyone else would take offense to. I understand this is how she's been in other games, but it just seems like she is trying to garner pity. The "I'm so attacked by everyone and don't have a true friend in this game" thing has really tired me out. The only thing keeping me from really thinking she's a wolf is the fact that dds is reading her as strongly as he read genny. Given his track record that's enough to bump her down from my #1 spot.

dds- He was pretty inactive for a lot of the game aside from coming in to stir things up. He'd make jokes, accuse people of being sus, vote them, then switch to someone else. Over and over. And as I've said multiple times, aside from Dubz (who he had no choice but to vote for), everyone he's read and voted is now dead and was village. Either he's really bad at reading, or he's a wolf trying to hide behind his jokes and sarcasm. He's #1 on my list.

Sporty- As Alley said, she's been hedgey. I also trust Zenge's ISO of her. Overall she flew under the radar for a while, didn't really commit to anyone as a wolf, defended Dubz, plus other things Zenge listed in his ISO. She's up there on my list with sunny and dds.

Alley- I feel good about her. Unless she's just playing really under the radar, I think she's village. Her contributions have been good so far and she seems actively engaged in actually wolf hunting.

Visc- I've liked Visc's reads so far. I don't have much to say other than that. I'm leaning village.

Zenge- Actually pretty neutral now that I think about it. Good reads, but others are cautious about him. I won't lie, I haven't seen anything that personally concerns me so I'd like to hear other's thoughts.
 
After everything we just went through, why is this what you’re settling on? And what are your other reads.

though you’re in my POE so I guess I shouldn’t be too surprised by the vote if you’re a wolf
Because the whole game you’ve been flying under the radar with reads that change on a dime and the only time a vote started on you it immediately disintegrated. When a player is sketchy but there’s no attempt to push a vote on them, and when there are some votes there’s a mysterious resistance to them sticking it raises my eyebrows.

You’ve never been at the top of my POE because I felt largely the same about you as I did Bread, but without the voting stuff that really sketched me out about Bread: you’ve posted little enough and in an inscrutable enough way that it’s really difficult to see what your thought processes have been this game - makes it extremely difficult to read you. I’m scared of voting out villagers who just happen to be busy or playing erratically for NAI reasons, especially after my read of Bread was wrong even with other reasons he looked wolfy, so I’ve been trying to look at players who I feel I can get a better read of from their content than I can from yours.

There are few enough players in the POE that now that you’ve come to the top, by a combination of process of elimination and your actions today. Your play took a 180 to suddenly pushing one player hard. The tone change is sketching me out when it feels like you’re excited and energized by being at VOLO. The force you’re suddenly pushing with doesn’t feel like a genuine evolution of your reads, it feels like you saw an opportunity to exacerbate and take advantage of a v/v fight and you pounced.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Because the whole game you’ve been flying under the radar with reads that change on a dime and the only time a vote started on you it immediately disintegrated. When a player is sketchy but there’s no attempt to push a vote on them, and when there are some votes there’s a mysterious resistance to them sticking it raises my eyebrows.

You’ve never been at the top of my POE because I felt largely the same about you as I did Bread, but without the voting stuff that really sketched me out about Bread: you’ve posted little enough and in an inscrutable enough way that it’s really difficult to see what your thought processes have been this game - makes it extremely difficult to read you. I’m scared of voting out villagers who just happen to be busy or playing erratically for NAI reasons, especially after my read of Bread was wrong even with other reasons he looked wolfy, so I’ve been trying to look at players who I feel I can get a better read of from their content than I can from yours.

There are few enough players in the POE that now that you’ve come to the top, by a combination of process of elimination and your actions today. Your play took a 180 to suddenly pushing one player hard. The tone change is sketching me out when it feels like you’re excited and energized by being at VOLO. The force you’re suddenly pushing with doesn’t feel like a genuine evolution of your reads, it feels like you saw an opportunity to exacerbate and take advantage of a v/v fight and you pounced.
Yes and Visc. Look at the last two games I played. I don't change my votes on a dime when I'm a wolf. For me to pull random 180s and throw votes around willy-nilly is FOOLISH as wolf.... because it brings up suspicion like this. Have you considered that you're literally reading my train of consciousness on thread and that's why it looks as chaotic as it does?
 
This reads list is not going to be satisfying for you guys. I'm sorry about that in advance.

Overall: dds>sunny~sporty>zenge>visc>mel>alley

Mel- Village as far as I can tell. I've been PMing him and he's been useful. I already voted him hard twice and I really don't see him being a wolf the this time around. I could be wrong, but I trust him at this point. He could have screwed me over that night with Dubz and didn't. At the very least, he's not an original wolf. I'm leaning village end of neutral. Like a 3 on the village to wolf scale.

Sunny- I'm leaning the wolf end of neutral. I don't have enough proof to say she's a wolf, aside from how she's definitely been manufacturing offense at a lot of things that I don't think anyone else would take offense to. I understand this is how she's been in other games, but it just seems like she is trying to garner pity. The "I'm so attacked by everyone and don't have a true friend in this game" thing has really tired me out. The only thing keeping me from really thinking she's a wolf is the fact that dds is reading her as strongly as he read genny. Given his track record that's enough to bump her down from my #1 spot.

dds- He was pretty inactive for a lot of the game aside from coming in to stir things up. He'd make jokes, accuse people of being sus, vote them, then switch to someone else. Over and over. And as I've said multiple times, aside from Dubz (who he had no choice but to vote for), everyone he's read and voted is now dead and was village. Either he's really bad at reading, or he's a wolf trying to hide behind his jokes and sarcasm. He's #1 on my list.

Sporty- As Alley said, she's been hedgey. I also trust Zenge's ISO of her. Overall she flew under the radar for a while, didn't really commit to anyone as a wolf, defended Dubz, plus other things Zenge listed in his ISO. She's up there on my list with sunny and dds.

Alley- I feel good about her. Unless she's just playing really under the radar, I think she's village. Her contributions have been good so far and she seems actively engaged in actually wolf hunting.

Visc- I've liked Visc's reads so far. I don't have much to say other than that. I'm leaning village.

Zenge- Actually pretty neutral now that I think about it. Good reads, but others are cautious about him. I won't lie, I haven't seen anything that personally concerns me so I'd like to hear other's thoughts.
also I already laid out why I think Zenge is wolfy so I encourage you to go reread that.
I'd buy a dds vote maybe. But tomorrow preferably.
 
also I already laid out why I think Zenge is wolfy so I encourage you to go reread that.
I'd buy a dds vote maybe. But tomorrow preferably.
Is your main reason for thinking Zenge is a wolf because he talks to Dubz outside of SDN and because he’s behaving differently than his meta suggests he should?
 
ajs watched someone and was conveniently diverted.

Reads List:
Sunny
ajs = you
Zenge = alley = visc
Mel
Me
Because your attention span hasn’t progressed since infancy, I’ll repeat myself again. A wolf is diverting me every night since I revealed that I’m a watcher. Which is a pretty obvious move. There is literally nothing suspicious about that in any way. I don’t see how a wolf making an obvious play against a known watcher is at all surprising.
 
Is your main reason for thinking Zenge is a wolf because he talks to Dubz outside of SDN and because he’s behaving differently than his meta suggests he should?
My main reason is because he is a very good villager and an ISO of Zenge's play this game shows him narrowly focusing on players who are convenient and easy to yeet with enough push (me and sunny, as the examples I gave earlier). That coupled with the POE: it is very unlikely you and Mel are wolves mechanically. sunny and alley are clear to me through posts and PMs. That leaves Zenge, dds, and Visc.

I don't think he's a wolf because of the Dubz conversion; I just think that and the early shorty death align with the theory of a Zenge wolf.

I'd be interested in going back and see how the three of my POE interact with each other earlier in the game too, but that's a lot of work and I need to muster emotional energy for that.
 
Yes and Visc. Look at the last two games I played. I don't change my votes on a dime when I'm a wolf. For me to pull random 180s and throw votes around willy-nilly is FOOLISH as wolf.... because it brings up suspicion like this. Have you considered that you're literally reading my train of consciousness on thread and that's why it looks as chaotic as it does?
I’ve considered it but the progression just doesn’t make sense to me. Throwing down this “it would be foolish to wolf like this” WIFOM really looks like you’re confirming my worry that you’re playing differently than your last couple wolf games because you’re a smart wolf who knows how to take advantage of your own meta.
 
I’ve considered it but the progression just doesn’t make sense to me. Throwing down this “it would be foolish to wolf like this” WIFOM really looks like you’re confirming my worry that you’re playing differently than your last couple wolf games because you’re a smart wolf who knows how to take advantage of your own meta.
If you're going to sit all convinced that I'm a wolf, then I'm not really sure what to do about that. What are the rest of your reads? Did I ask you that already?
Also that whole "you're a smart wolf" line is something that wolves throw at villagers all the time so not thrilled with that.
 
A Zenge-dds pack doesn't look compatible based exclusively on Zenge sitting on the dds vote, but I wouldn't put an early "bus" vote past Zenge.
Zenge does have sunny as a neutral-village lean on Wednesday so THAT is an interesting turn of events to get us where we are today.
And he does also have Visc as high village from early on.

That placement could convince me all three are in a pack but imma go look at the others' posts.
 
If you're going to sit all convinced that I'm a wolf, then I'm not really sure what to do about that. What are the rest of your reads? Did I ask you that already?
Also that whole "you're a smart wolf" line is something that wolves throw at villagers all the time so not thrilled with that.
So is the whole “would I be playing this sketchy if I were a wolf” line. And yeah I replied earlier but you might have missed it: Wolfiest to least: you>alley>sunny>zenge>mel>dds>ajs
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So is the whole “would I be playing this sketchy if I were a wolf” line. And yeah I replied earlier but you might have missed it: Wolfiest to least: you>alley>sunny>zenge>mel>dds>ajs
What makes you put alley so high up and dds so far down? I’m sure you said it before but could you show me where you did?
 
Yeah I acknowledge that. Villagers have to be cautious about how they’re perceived as well, since moving yourself out of the miselimination pool is half the battle. But a) villagers have bigger concerns in determining their reads than how it makes them look so they’re generally way less conscious of appearances than wolves. In making village reads/considering defending someone, whether it makes you look wolfy should be a minor concern compared to whether that person is wolfy.
Hey @Viscernable remember when you said this? Kinda contradicts your vote for me since it seems that's based entirely on my manner of posting this game.
 
Actually, @ddstothecor, why is this? Since I feel like you won’t address it unless I ask directly
Until he gives a good answer, I’ll give mine: because he has nothing to say to my accusations aside from trying and failing to discredit me.
 
I have to agree. The last minute wagon that built in April was sketchy. Vis coming on last minute to get a villager yeeted was especially off to me.

This exchange with you pinged me hard. Also pretending like giving April 3 minutes to propose another wagon and actually have a reasonable shot at building that was total nonsense.


What’s your read on Dubz?

These quotes are pinging me a little bit, like they could be an act.

Also, I understand the reasoning for Dubz voting for April. It makes sense logically. But it was also, in retrospect, a potentially easy thing to jump on as a wolf and make excuses for later. Considering Dubz’s lack of reevaluation of that position as the day went on, I have suspicions.

Cray, this is the kind of lazy play that you’re doing this game that irks me.

I didn’t answer “Dubz question with a question” and then not answer. Dubz wasn’t talking to me. Dubz was asking Finn about moving off the April vote.

Since I hadn’t seen Dubz talk much about other wolf reads besides April, and was questioning Finn for moving off the vote, I wanted to know if Dubz had any other wolf reads and what they were.

Manufacturing shade on me by claiming I wasn’t answering a question is disingenuous.

There’s more quotes of MKGs that I could have pulled from Bioshock but I’m still at work, and these will highlight the point I’m trying to get across.

Read these for their tone. Read these for their gravity, and certainty, and conviction. This is a player who’s actively wolfhunting. Who’s reevaluating as the thread state changes.

This isn’t.

And by the way, the low posting this game, I’ll agree with MKG, really is NAI, because her Bioshock post count was pretty low too.

With that in mind, knowing the post counts are roughly similar. Look what she did with her posts in Bioshock. Look what she’s done with her posts here. There’s a pretty stark contrast.

By all means though, I encourage you all to look at MKGs Bioshock posts yourself, because there’s not too many of them, and you can get a real sense of what MKG fighting for village looks like, and how different her posts here look.

Also yeah. On that reads list sunshine, you’re sheeping Dubz’s logic usurping my thoughts on vis with no thoughts of your own. And your alleged “wolf read” of MKG is kind of... well, I’ll let village judge for itself..

But to me, this reads like a wolf, putting a fellow wolf in their POE without really wanting to shade them for real.

You expanded on your Vis sus here when you voted, but you said nothing that hadn’t already been said by other people on the thread or otherwise just stating facts about what happened. Nothing here is an original Sunny thought.

Idk Sunny. Idk. This all seems pretty sketch to me....

These are the kind of village!Zenge posts I was talking about earlier. This are all from England (some have large quotes within quotes, so those don't come through with this multi-quote). He systematically went through players' posts and gave his analysis. At least 5, by my count. And upon a quick ISO of this game, I've only seen him do that with two or three players. He interacted more with questions (both asking and answering). He didn't stick his thumb in a vote and railroad it all day; he kept looking at other players too.

I haven't seen that this game. He's in the POE and he's not playing up to the standards that he's consistently shown as a villager. And THAT is why I think he's a wolf.
 
This reads list is not going to be satisfying for you guys. I'm sorry about that in advance.

Overall: dds>sunny~sporty>zenge>visc>mel>alley

Mel- Village as far as I can tell. I've been PMing him and he's been useful. I already voted him hard twice and I really don't see him being a wolf the this time around. I could be wrong, but I trust him at this point. He could have screwed me over that night with Dubz and didn't. At the very least, he's not an original wolf. I'm leaning village end of neutral. Like a 3 on the village to wolf scale.

Sunny- I'm leaning the wolf end of neutral. I don't have enough proof to say she's a wolf, aside from how she's definitely been manufacturing offense at a lot of things that I don't think anyone else would take offense to. I understand this is how she's been in other games, but it just seems like she is trying to garner pity. The "I'm so attacked by everyone and don't have a true friend in this game" thing has really tired me out. The only thing keeping me from really thinking she's a wolf is the fact that dds is reading her as strongly as he read genny. Given his track record that's enough to bump her down from my #1 spot.

dds- He was pretty inactive for a lot of the game aside from coming in to stir things up. He'd make jokes, accuse people of being sus, vote them, then switch to someone else. Over and over. And as I've said multiple times, aside from Dubz (who he had no choice but to vote for), everyone he's read and voted is now dead and was village. Either he's really bad at reading, or he's a wolf trying to hide behind his jokes and sarcasm. He's #1 on my list.

Sporty- As Alley said, she's been hedgey. I also trust Zenge's ISO of her. Overall she flew under the radar for a while, didn't really commit to anyone as a wolf, defended Dubz, plus other things Zenge listed in his ISO. She's up there on my list with sunny and dds.

Alley- I feel good about her. Unless she's just playing really under the radar, I think she's village. Her contributions have been good so far and she seems actively engaged in actually wolf hunting.

Visc- I've liked Visc's reads so far. I don't have much to say other than that. I'm leaning village.

Zenge- Actually pretty neutral now that I think about it. Good reads, but others are cautious about him. I won't lie, I haven't seen anything that personally concerns me so I'd like to hear other's thoughts.
Okay so you can watch me get attacked and name called, and say me reacting is wolfy? I’m not asking for village points for being a person who is reacting rather than ignoring it, I’m just saying that’s a pretty flimsy reason to say I’m a wolf.

interesting that you can see that in the case of dds making arguments based on this nothingness, but not in the arguments people including yourself are making against me.
 
And on that note, I’m at a movie with my cousin and it’s the trailers. Wont really be able to follow the thread. It’s a movie I’ve already seen but it’s also dine-in, so I doubt that I leave the auditorium to look at my phone. So do the right thing, villagers.
 
Okay so you can watch me get attacked and name called, and say me reacting is wolfy? I’m not asking for village points for being a person who is reacting rather than ignoring it, I’m just saying that’s a pretty flimsy reason to say I’m a wolf.

interesting that you can see that in the case of dds making arguments based on this nothingness, but not in the arguments people including yourself are making against me.
The issue I have is that I and others have noticed you overreacting in a way that makes me feel you’re trying to keep yourself in the game due to pity. I’ve never attacked you. The fact that you consider anything I’ve said about you an attack proves my point. The reason I have you so high up is that it all just pings really high on my sketch radar.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@ajs513 @sunshinefl I think you two need to sing Kumbaya and get along.
I’m not actively pursuing a vote against her. That’s for others to do. She needs to accept that her behavior is super sketchy and try to change it. But she hasn’t, and I don’t think she will. Because it’s worked thus far.
 
I’m not actively pursuing a vote against her. That’s for others to do. She needs to accept that her behavior is super sketchy and try to change it. But she hasn’t, and I don’t think she will. Because it’s worked thus far.
I'm more saying this because I believe you both are village and the pecking ends up being distracting to actually catching a wolf.
 
These are the kind of village!Zenge posts I was talking about earlier. This are all from England (some have large quotes within quotes, so those don't come through with this multi-quote). He systematically went through players' posts and gave his analysis. At least 5, by my count. And upon a quick ISO of this game, I've only seen him do that with two or three players. He interacted more with questions (both asking and answering). He didn't stick his thumb in a vote and railroad it all day; he kept looking at other players too.

I haven't seen that this game. He's in the POE and he's not playing up to the standards that he's consistently shown as a villager. And THAT is why I think he's a wolf.
England was an extremely different game. There were a lot more players to go though and I had a PR that game that gave me inside information about what was being planned in wolf chat, and when I did have a lead on wolves I did actually stick on those votes. I sat on MKGs vote, I pushed sunny. Here I’ve sat on Sunny’s vote but I’ve also been pushing you.

I can’t always play up to what ever these standards are that you’re trying to hold me to. Especially when I don’t have a PR that lets me read messages from wolf chat to help me problem solve.
 
England was an extremely different game. There were a lot more players to go though and I had a PR that game that gave me inside information about what was being planned in wolf chat, and when I did have a lead on wolves I did actually stick on those votes. I sat on MKGs vote, I pushed sunny. Here I’ve sat on Sunny’s vote but I’ve also been pushing you.

I can’t always play up to what ever these standards are that you’re trying to hold me to. Especially when I don’t have a PR that lets me read messages from wolf chat to help me problem solve.
It's not just England, Z. You always play better than this as a villager. That was just the game I pulled quotes from.