Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along WW Blog - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok, quote fest incoming -- going to put all of them in a spoiler tag because I'm basically just quoting everything that jumped out to me as a bit weird from a quick skim of Days 2-4.

Bottom line is that I think I would like to lynch Zen today, and I think I would like to lynch Weim or Sheltermed after that. Maybe bjeh. Possibly in that order. I'm also not so sure we should let LIS live too much longer, tbh.

ETA: I didn't find people (who are still alive) calling me sketchy. I did find people putting me in a strong village category and some weird overlaps in their interactions with each other.

Couple quick questions:

1) Where the hell is STL? Paging (almost) Dr. @SummerTheLynx
2) Can someone fill me in on those votes for Zen? Is there substance behind them? I can't remember why those votes are there.

I started it yesterday. If need be, I'll go down with you.

@LadyOtheFarm, maybe I've missed this, but who are your suspicions? How are you trying to solve the game?

@sheltermed, same question.

Right now, I'm torn between the two of you. LotF for yesterday's suspicions + lack of content, and SM for fishing/weird behavior.

After rereading, lynch LotF. I'm not happy with her explanation of what she got out of talking about Mel's name last night. Did you get reads off of anyone else? Besides that, you didn't have to carry that conversation - if you're on then and know you won't have time to be on later, you can redirect the conversation to talk about strategy and get your reads out there.

I know you've complained about not having enough play with which to defend yourself. In that case, create play - post reads, no matter how weak. Explain who you fear, who you trust, and how you think. You've been doing that more in your recent posts, which is good. I just disagree with your reasoning, and feel this has reached a point where I need to know the answer one way or another.

*raises hand*
As a wolf, I have a bad habit of ignoring my fellows, and of sounding like I'm trying to force a lynch. Both happened in Back to Basics 2, and were reasons why I was caught and dragged part of the wolf team down with me. Pippy caught onto me doing this during the lynch when I was trying to provoke LotF into answering my questions (and possibly fighting back). Sure, I couldn't think of anything she would say that would convince me it was better to unlynch her, but angry people are unpredictable, and it was possible that she could do something I hadn't thought of.

Yes, reasons are required for lynch votes. You are required to prove you can think independently. There's some leeway early, or when people are busy. Those people are usually consistent, however. You go from barely posting, to chastising people for not posting more, to suddenly posting veerry quickly when challenged. If you can respond that quickly when someone calls you out, why haven't you been posting more?

It's so much easier to learn when you're in a fight than when you have to follow one from outside. Your posts just make me happier to lynch you tomorrow 😛

That might be the point!

I'm happy to be hearing more from Zensing, but would like to hear more from MJ, STL/his replacement, nyanko, and WM.

I thought we were mostly past it, but my noob questions are and always have been genuine. I don't mean to make myself sound sketchy, so I'm trying to learn to get around that. That's about all I have left to say about it - if there's nothing else I can do to convince whoever thinks it's wolfy that it isn't, I suppose I can't really help that. :shrug:

I'm still getting used to people's playing styles, so it's hard for me to confidently give reads that make any sense, but I will try nonetheless. I'm willing to accept LIS's vouch for dds for now, trusting the fact that he's (LIS) a veteran and knows what he's talking about. Hopefully that trust isn't misplaced. Also buying nohika's "I'm a lurker and everyone knows that" thing, since I really don't know her playing style and if that's what she says it is, sure, I guess. Concerned about CheezyD and their outspokenness, and they also seem to have a sort of personal vendetta against me (??), with really pushing for voting for me yesterday, though I'm not sure if that will have changed for today after some other interactions have taken place.

I think village numbers are important. So, I vote you stay.

After a reread, here's what jumped out at me in my notes. I tried to be pretty concise so as to not have the longest post ever.

Village-ish
- Pippy, LIS, STL
Neutral:
- was feeling net neutral about DDS and LIS's comment has kinda neutralized any of the things i was wondering if were wolfy (for now)(also I admit I just skimmed the weird sass attack between dds, hmoo, and zen so if something of substance happened there someone enlighten me)
-Bjeh, Zen, FrozenShades, Caia, SM, WZ, nohika
Not enough info to form an opinion:
- AM (as Finn), Ny, DrJojo (literally had nothing written down for him/her after a reread except votes and commenting that vanillagers are likely a thing), SAR because I'm always freaking paranoid of people being brought back to life and also he/she hasn't really added anything substantial since coming back, MJ, Hmoo (although there has been a lot of posting stuff it doesn't all seem super useful so maybe that pushes a tad wolfy)
Wolf-ish
- cheezweeny, reasons stated before. Kinda more leaning this way than I was in my last post because even though you'd think other wolves would shut chz up, I feel like chz wouldn't listen (and also is super committed to this posting/play style)
- Coquette - repeatedly stating 'I'm not a wolf' with not much pressure, jumping on the LOTF vote like minutes after Zen voted there D1 (even stating later they they just voted for anyone who had a vote.. that statement felt really weird to me), etc.
- KC - a few little things but mostly vibes (glad i did a full reread cause she was not on my radar at all previously)

LYNCH COQUETTE

willing to let the cheez live for now still a major side eye from me in that direction

Updated answer now that I've had a chance to reread: I'm definitely feeling better about her after her posts last night. There are a couple things that made me raise an eyebrow, but I think it's normal Zen stuff (just reads wolf in my head because the last time I played a game with her she was a wolf). I feel more strongly that some of the things she's said/done were her doing villager work. So I'm good with Zen for now.

Note: Soft vouch. I can't prove DDS is villager, but I have pretty good evidence that DDS started the game not wolfy.

Overall I like these reads. I'm a little bothered by STL being so villagery, but since I just called him village I'm gonna let it go.

I like the wolf reads. I skipped ahead enough to make sure I'm still alive before I started commenting, so I see Cheezy flipped blue (faction game, anyone?), so isn't technically (maybe?) a wolf, but still - the reads here are pretty decent.

@bjeh What were your thoughts on weim? You said yesterday you wanted to hear more from her.

I may not be back until after lynch close, so I wanted to change my vote. Need to take a bit of a personal day today.

unlynch Zen
lynch hmoo

I don't really have any "original" thoughts about her, just general feelings of sketchiness based on reading her interactions with WZ, and from her thinking 2 village kills would somehow save time (sorry if she clarified the latter part, I haven't been able to keep up as much as I would have liked today). WZ is next on my radar, I think, if hmoo ends up not being a wolf.
 
Last edited:
I don't think we need to waste a Lynch voting on a supervillian, but I'm not convinced yet to throw a seer out just yet... I know she was leading, but still an early gambit as wolf seer...
I would also be ok with lynching one of the other people I just listed instead. I'm admittedly still on the fence with her (some very sketch posts, some non-sketch; some sketchy things about her seering but also some non-sketch things), but I feel like lynching her will give me more information on those other people than vice versa.
 
Just did a quick skim thru and I'm confused about so many things. The two things that are sticking out at me are obviously all this crap with Zen, AMs typo, and also where the heck is bjeh (I noticed this cause bjeh had been/is on my side eye list)?

lynch zen

(PS my personal life has imploded today so I will attempt to be back on later to add something hopefully constructive/get my thoughts in order but can't make any promises.)
 
Unofficial D5 Someone Demands a Recount Lynch Tally

Zen (7) - dds, WZ, ny, Pippy, hmoo, Weim, Caia
Nohika () -
Lupin (1) - zen
am (3) - Lupin, shelter, LIS
ny () -
WZ () -

11/16

Lynch Deadline 10pm EDT (~ 6.5 hours)

ezgif-4-84f976ae6c.gif
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hrm. I guess I'm still a little hung up on a few things here.

- One is that I'm not necessarily sure I believe there would be multiple affiliation seers, when we also had a village role name seer. That's an awful lot of seering.
- Two is why you would immediately jump to the conclusion that AM would be the wolfy-sounding blocker, since it seems there are two of them floating around, and one of them seems decidedly more wolfy than the other.
- Three is why you would read a seering night result like the one you got and immediately assume it is of the wolfy variety, because that does not sound particularly wolfy to me...?
- Four is why you would assume Zen was lying about being blocked, because wouldn't the other people who were blocked be able to refute that claim if it was false? (I guess...unless she is a wolf, another wolf was actually the one blocked, and they decided to have Zen claim the night results instead...but then in that case, why wouldn't the village blocker be able to say they blocked Zen?).
- Five is that you appear to be the only person to have obtained that specific night result (so far, at least)

I dunno, I'm admittedly confused af right now, but something about this is weird.

You're thinking a lot more about it than I am, that's for sure. I'm also pretty dumb, so.

To address your points in order:

1) I'm not necessarily sure either. Hearing it from Dubz is just what made me a little more "comfortable" with changing my vote from Zen. I tend to trust things coming from experienced players since I'm still new; that said, hearing from you that you're not so sure about it puts me just about in the middle with that part of the thought process.

2) I didn't immediately jump to the conclusion. I didn't jump to it at all, actually. Just went with a feeling. I'm not sure she's the wolfy sounding blocker, and I'm not sure who is.

3 and 4) Again, I didn't immediately assume it. I just thought of it as a possibility, after Zen said she was a seer but was blocked last night, but I was still seered. That's why I thought she might be lying about being blocked, since I was unsure of the fact that there would be multiple affiliation seers.

5) I dunno about that one. It's the message I got.

Sorry for the somewhat lack of activity, as some of you have seen in my snaps I'm in the midst of moving and kind of buried in clothes and dust atm.
 
FS is a lurker and doesn't normally post much. If I didn't just play with him as a wolf last game, I'd be more wary right now but I feel like he's been contributing more substance than last game.

I'm not happy with ny peacing out to play Splatoon or whatever it was, and I raged plenty against FH back in the day for the same thing, but this rarely nets a wolf. I don't think it's hard to post more than twice in this length of time, but that's me being mad at the principle of it, not thinking she's a wolf.

So I'm still suspicious of FS, but since nobody else seems to be thinking the same and because of what Caia said I guess I may be off base.

So much for subtlety.

I'm the alignment seer. N1 Pippy (villager) due to SAR lynch feels, n2 MJ (villager) due to worries about absence, and N3 STL to remove a blank spot on my spreadsheet.

STL/Lupes is a supervillain. I know it's blue and not red, but I'm not going down quietly while you convince everyone to leave your faction alone and hunt for the missing reds.

lynch lupin

Wolves are a threat and should be found. On the other hand, wolves win with plurality, which is a ways away with 16 players remaining from a 24-player multi-faction game (probably smaller wolf pack than average). Without knowing the supervillain wincon, I don't know who's closer to winning, so I'll look for opportunities to take either out. I believe the goal of winning in a faction game is to accomplish your faction's goal while preventing the goals of others, and I have a hard time believing that villagers win with the Evil League of evil.

FYI, I was blocked last night (napping on the job, can quote PM if desired), so I don't have information from last night. I was going to check LIS to see about the weird vouching I mentioned yesterday.

I'm surprised Zen revealed so early in the day.

Pippy why are you suspicious of Weim? I have her leaning village now so I'm wondering if I missed something.

Edit: I also meant to say I'm agreeing with the idea that Zen may be wolf seer, but I want to hear more from them.
 
2) I didn't immediately jump to the conclusion. I didn't jump to it at all, actually. Just went with a feeling. I'm not sure she's the wolfy sounding blocker, and I'm not sure who is.

If not for thinking I'm the blocker, what is your actual reason for voting for me then?
 
If not for thinking I'm the blocker, what is your actual reason for voting for me then?

It's the possibility that you're the blocker. I think Zen deserves my vote more at this point, because I'm more "sure" (though not all that sure, just relatively/comparatively lol) that she was lying about being blocked than I am about you being the blocker, but there's still time so I'm still thinking and seeing what everyone has to say.
 
It's the possibility that you're the blocker. I think Zen deserves my vote more at this point, because I'm more "sure" (though not all that sure, just relatively/comparatively lol) that she was lying about being blocked than I am about you being the blocker, but there's still time so I'm still thinking and seeing what everyone has to say.
I guess my hang up here is that it makes pretty much no sense to lie about being blocked, because it can be easily proven false.

I do find it intriguing that no one else has received the night seering results that you claim to have received, because that would be a lot easier to fake.
 
it can be easily proven false.

Do you mean if the blocker who did it comes forward? If not, how else can it be proven?

I don't really see a reason to lie either, but I was seered by someone. I'd screenshot or quote the message, but it's against the rules. I suppose it's possible someone else has received such a message and isn't coming forward, but I don't know.
 
Do you mean if the blocker who did it comes forward? If not, how else can it be proven?

I don't really see a reason to lie either, but I was seered by someone. I'd screenshot or quote the message, but it's against the rules. I suppose it's possible someone else has received such a message and isn't coming forward, but I don't know.
If the other people who were blocked say "lol no"? We have a record now of two blockers out there so it's a known mechanic. Seering is not a known thing. Make sense?

I would imagine that a village blocker would be rather adamantly stuck on Zen's lynch if she was lying, even if they provided other reasoning. Wolfy blocker, maybe not.
 
Lol AM I find it interesting that you liked my post when the implication that a few people are making is that you're the wolfy blocker, and you're currently not on Zen's lynch.

I'm getting pretty used to everyone automatically assuming I'm the culprit behind wolfy things. haha

Your post makes total sense to me anyway. That's why I liked it.

Must admit that it's weird that Zen never came back after that info drop though.Trying not to let my emotions get in the way of evaluating her as a wolf.
 
Wait. I feel like I need to clarify some timing here.

@Zensing you seered Lupin 2 nights ago, MJ the night before that, and me the night before that? You sure I wasn't your N2 target? (Not that you would tell the truth in this case if what I'm thinking is happening is happening).

@Lupin21 you felt the sickness block last night?
 
Wait. I feel like I need to clarify some timing here.

@Zensing you seered Lupin 2 nights ago, MJ the night before that, and me the night before that? You sure I wasn't your N2 target? (Not that you would tell the truth in this case if what I'm thinking is happening is happening).

@Lupin21 you felt the sickness block last night?
Yes to both the presence being felt N3 and the feeling sick block yesterday/last night
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
) I'm not necessarily sure either. Hearing it from Dubz is just what made me a little more "comfortable" with changing my vote from Zen. I tend to trust things coming from experienced players since I'm still new; that said, hearing from you that you're not so sure about it puts me just about in the middle with that part of the thought process.
I'm not sure about it either. Just saying it's a possibility and that there is definitely some weirdness going on, and the timing of Zen's info drop (especially since she wasn't pushing lupes yesterday) makes me uneasy.

I mean, I believe you were seered since I don't know why you would make that up with that level of detail otherwise. I believe Zen is a seer, because how else would she know that lupes is a supervillain?

So either Zen is lying or we have two seers. Or both, even.

I'd actually like to know why @Zensing chose not to seer lotf after d1.
 
To the people wondering where I went or why I dropped info so early - remember how I said I basically only get lunch break to post on workdays? I had a very limited time to get my defense out there.

As far as other things: The only experience I have wth multifaction games are Animorphs and Incredibles. In those, multi-faction = multi-wolf packs. That's what was driving my paranoia about non-wolf non-villager factions. If wolves are truly the only threatening faction, then I feel pretty stupid for outing myself now 🙁.

Shelter, I was blocked yesterday and you weren't my target anyway. I don't know where that message you received came from, and I find it weird that no one else has received something similar.

Lupin, I spent a lot of time yesterday struggling on whether to out you or not. I PM'd mods and confirmed that I couldn't set up an individual chat with someone in my group, and I knew the group chat would only last the one day. I thought it'd be more worthwhile to hold onto my info and try to find other supervillains or wolves than out myself on just you. Later, when we got in the argument, I got upset that (as I saw it) you were telling others to leave your pack alone and hunt for red, but didn't think I had enough to justify a last-minute vote in your direction without drawing seer-type attention. Today, it was reveal or get lynched, and I didn't want to set up another mislynch.

Pippy, I checked, and I'm sure about the days.

Will unlynch lupin for now. Rojo's highest on my list as wolf for now, so will likely lynch him, but Shelter's response was extremely weird.
 
As far as other things: The only experience I have wth multifaction games are Animorphs and Incredibles. In those, multi-faction = multi-wolf packs. That's what was driving my paranoia about non-wolf non-villager factions. If wolves are truly the only threatening faction, then I feel pretty stupid for outing myself now 🙁.
Eh. Those games also had multiple kills going on if I remember correctly. As did PBC's Peter Pan game. This game hasn't, and all the kills have been described in similar ways ("accidents"). And unless you don't believe hazel (and if you don't why aren't you lynching her), the supervillains can't kill. So maybe if you had found an ELoE member or something, it would make a little more sense, but the thought process here just...doesn't make sense to me based on the game context.
 
Eh. Those games also had multiple kills going on if I remember correctly. As did PBC's Peter Pan game. This game hasn't, and all the kills have been described in similar ways ("accidents"). And unless you don't believe hazel (and if you don't why aren't you lynching her), the supervillains can't kill. So maybe if you had found an ELoE member or something, it would make a little more sense, but the thought process here just...doesn't make sense to me based on the game context.
Barney in HIMYM had an alternate wincon, albeit one that the villagers could win with. In the early stages of Star WWars III development, items worked off of a store and there was a faction that won after getting enough cash. I didn't know what the blue non-killing wincon was, but I assumed there was one. And, if Bad Horse is so bad that Penny thought he was evil, then I assumed that Bad Horse didn't share victories with the townsfolk.

Also, how do I know if I have or haven't found an ELoE member? Unless that faction's special, all I see is "supervillain". I assumed that Bad Horse was alpha of that.
 
Barney in HIMYM had an alternate wincon, albeit one that the villagers could win with. In the early stages of Star WWars III development, items worked off of a store and there was a faction that won after getting enough cash. I didn't know what their non-killing wincon was, but I assumed there was one. And, if Bad Horse is so bad that Penny thought he was evil, then I assumed that Bad Horse didn't share victories with the townsfolk.

Also, how do I know if I have or haven't found an ELoE member? Unless that faction's special, all I see is "supervillain". I assumed that Bad Horse was alpha of that.
But again, unless you don't believe hazel, you knew you had found a member of a faction that was not responsible for kills. Me in your shoes, if I thought it was that important to get rid of that faction, sure I might push that lynch, but I'm not going to out myself and all the villagers I had seered when the protector is dead. Not unless I absolutely had to, and not when I knew I hadn't found someone that was killing people.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
But again, unless you don't believe hazel, you knew you had found a member of a faction that was not responsible for kills. Me in your shoes, if I thought it was that important to get rid of that faction, sure I might push that lynch, but I'm not going to out myself and all the villagers I had seered when the protector is dead. Not unless I absolutely had to, and not when I knew I hadn't found someone that was killing people.
Not even when you're up for lynch yourself and need to prove who you are?
 
D5 Someone Demands a Recount Lynch Tally

Zen (7)
- dds dubz, ny, pippy, hmoo, weim, caia
nohika () -
lupin () -
am (3) - lupin, shelter, lis
ny () -
wz () -

10/16

Zen you are in the lead
missing @thedrjojo @Zensing @Animal Midwife @Frozenshades @bjeh @nohika

Lynch Deadline 10pm EDT (~3 hours)

ezgif-4-84f976ae6c.gif
 
Where is @bjeh
Surprised she's not saying anything today since there was some focus on her late yesterday

Sorry real life crap is really limiting the amount of time I have for this game today.

Lynch Zen

I'll be honest I read through everything pretty quickly, but I think we need to answer the question about them being the wolf seer. Thier additional posts today after the reveal didn't change my mind. I'm curious to see what pippy has to say about any additional info regarding all this.