Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along WW Blog - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone outside of LIS and nohika have evidence we are dealing with more than 3 factions? Because I feel like the numbers just aren't adding up, unless the other factions are like 1 person each. And I'm wondering if we're being sent on a bit of a wild goose chase.
I don't know how many factions we're dealing with, but with a faction recruitment-type deal, the factions start small, and with the answer to hazel's question, that makes even more sense to me. I don't know if PBC ever posted the full design for Peter Pan, but I imagine there are similar things going on here with some tweaking.

I still think we should be wolf hunting right now since we know there's killing going on though.

Reactions: 1 user
Peter Pan WW Sign-ups and Game Thread
If anyone is interested in the design of PBC's first game, which was also a faction game. As I said I'm sure things have been tweaked because 1)it was her first game and 2) it didn't exactly go as planned. The roles and everything aren't listed there but all the faction win conditions are. Affiliated pirates were the wolves and could convert every 3 days. This game is already different because there was really no "village" faction in that one...I think the closest thing was the Lost Boys? the London Group.

I don't know if this time around they would have stuck with multiple factions being able to win together or made it so only one could win. But anyway, thought that might be helpful for some...mod meta?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Oh and when PBC asked me a few months ago which games in the last few years have been faction games (for research) I pointed her towards STL's The Incredible(s) WW Game Thread!!! and dy's At World's End Game.
The latter was definitely more factiony than the former. But anyway, she probably drew some inspiration from those too.

I still think we should be wolf hunting right now since we know there's killing going on though.
Right. I was wondering if LIS, nohika and dds are taking us all for a ride by suggesting additional factions than actually exist. Would be freaking hilarious and stupid in all kinds of ways, but we're kinda ignoring a whole group of people and personally, I feel like I'm running out of people on this roster who are acting overtly sketchball. So I'm now starting to look for who is scamming the **** out of me lol

Right. I was wondering if LIS, nohika and dds are taking us all for a ride by suggesting additional factions than actually exist. Would be freaking hilarious and stupid in all kinds of ways, but we're kinda ignoring a whole group of people and personally, I feel like I'm running out of people on this roster who are acting overtly sketchball. So I'm now starting to look for who is scamming the **** out of me lol
That would be risky bordering on stupid in my opinion. I don't see LIS doing it. It goes against everything about his wolf play.

Reactions: 3 users

I see what you're saying but LIS would be unlikely to do that as a wolf.

I am wondering what the point of all these separate groups are though and if there's differing win conditions.

Eta: ninja'd by WZ

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Nohika has a soft vouch, why would you vote for her and not someone else Nyanko?

So much for subtlety.

I'm the alignment seer. N1 Pippy (villager) due to SAR lynch feels, n2 MJ (villager) due to worries about absence, and N3 STL to remove a blank spot on my spreadsheet.

STL/Lupes is a supervillain. I know it's blue and not red, but I'm not going down quietly while you convince everyone to leave your faction alone and hunt for the missing reds.

lynch lupin

Wolves are a threat and should be found. On the other hand, wolves win with plurality, which is a ways away with 16 players remaining from a 24-player multi-faction game (probably smaller wolf pack than average). Without knowing the supervillain wincon, I don't know who's closer to winning, so I'll look for opportunities to take either out. I believe the goal of winning in a faction game is to accomplish your faction's goal while preventing the goals of others, and I have a hard time believing that villagers win with the Evil League of evil.

FYI, I was blocked last night (napping on the job, can quote PM if desired), so I don't have information from last night. I was going to check LIS to see about the weird vouching I mentioned yesterday.

FYI, I was blocked last night

This is either a lie, we have 2 alignment seers, or a wolf seered me last night.

Edit: Gonna go with the latter option, assuming Zen is the wolf.

lynch Zen

So much for subtlety.

I'm the alignment seer. N1 Pippy (villager) due to SAR lynch feels, n2 MJ (villager) due to worries about absence, and N3 STL to remove a blank spot on my spreadsheet.

STL/Lupes is a supervillain. I know it's blue and not red, but I'm not going down quietly while you convince everyone to leave your faction alone and hunt for the missing reds.

lynch lupin

Wolves are a threat and should be found. On the other hand, wolves win with plurality, which is a ways away with 16 players remaining from a 24-player multi-faction game (probably smaller wolf pack than average). Without knowing the supervillain wincon, I don't know who's closer to winning, so I'll look for opportunities to take either out. I believe the goal of winning in a faction game is to accomplish your faction's goal while preventing the goals of others, and I have a hard time believing that villagers win with the Evil League of evil.

FYI, I was blocked last night (napping on the job, can quote PM if desired), so I don't have information from last night. I was going to check LIS to see about the weird vouching I mentioned yesterday.
I think it is dangerous to assume the wolf win condition is the same in this game as in any other game. Supervillains have already lost one member. According to hazel they can't kill. I'm not interested in using today to go after more blue text when we know there are wolves out there.

unlynch Zen

Lol, you had it written as "Lupin was blocked" before you edited it. Just because she says she was blocked doesn't necessarily mean she was blocked.

Yeah, that's why I edited it. Also, the blocker would know if she wasn't actually blocked.

Were you notified of being seered then?
And specifically, how do you know it was seering @sheltermed , because there are some night actions that sound like seering but I'm not convinced they are.

Interestingly, I did not receive any results N1 that would indicate I was looked into.

ETA: However, I'm going to clarify with mods to see if something was perhaps missed. Otherwise, there is something here that does not match up.

Yes. Can quote the message I got if you'd like.
I think it was i the rules not to direct quote mod PMs but you can copy and paste

Can't say I'd be surprised if there were multiple affiliation seers but if there are it does make it more interesting that Zen decided to out herself for a non-killing faction member early in the day before trying to do any kind of defending.

Yeah, that's why I edited it. Also, the blocker would know if she wasn't actually blocked.

So then...are you the blocker or are you asking the blocker to step forward to vouch for Zen?

Either way, I was seered last night...

you can copy and paste

"Someone looked closely at you last night. They determined you are village."

Meh. I've already told you what the win condition is. Simply be the faction with the most members. It doesn't interest me that much and I would rather find wolves. I was blocked in what I imagine was the Pippy way yesterday, getting notified at lynch close.

And specifically, how do you know it was seering @sheltermed , because there are some night actions that sound like seering but I'm not convinced they are.

Interestingly, I did not receive any results N1 that would indicate I was looked into.

ETA: However, I'm going to clarify with mods to see if something was perhaps missed. Otherwise, there is something here that does not match up.

See my post above -- I'm just assuming it was seering, but perhaps it wasn't.

So then...are you the blocker or are you asking the blocker to step forward to vouch for Zen?

No and no. The blocker would stay on Zen's lynch because or speak up only if she's lying. It would be dumb to vouch and unnecessarily expose themselves.

Either way, I was seered last night...

I'll have to take your word on that.

D5 Someone Demands a Recount Lynch Tally

Zen (5) - LIS, pippy, dds, caia, shelter
Nohika (1) - ny
Lupin (2) - zen, am

8/16

Lynch Deadline 10pm EDT (~9.5 hours)

ezgif-4-84f976ae6c.gif

Last edited:
Unlynch Zen

I feel like the reasoning for the seering checks out and is consistent with her then calling me out as village without apparent reason.

I'm not sure what to make of the confusion with the night results.

Also, I find it interesting that shelter said AM originally had it that I was blocked instead of Zen. Maybe a slip because she is the blocker in question???

unlynch zen, lynch AM

It was a slip because we were also discussing you. Are you not denying that you're non-village?