Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along WW Blog - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can someone please mansplain to me what is the purpose of a vigilante, individual role?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Can someone please mansplain to me what is the purpose of a vigilante, individual role?
That's why I asked what her win condition was!
Maybe she had to kill particular roles. Need to look back at the Peter Pan game again but I think there was something similar there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have anything they want me to ask tonight?

Hey all, just checking in. Super hectic day with moving (I wasn't supposed to until this weekend, but a family emergency came up as some of you know). Anyway, sorry for missing lynch, will catch up and everything tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile

Has <anyone> clarified why Lupin made that "obviously Nyanko is not a wolf" comment to me (paraphrasing - she didn't phrase it quite that way, but it was a slap in the face type of rebuttal).

I'm still not seeing it or remembering it.

The only thing that I knew of was the whole complete absence is very likely not a wolf reasoning. If there was more than that, I haven't been aware of it.

I've noticed a theme where students don't account for life after school. They have this opinion - and I probably did too - that life in school is as busy as it can possibly get. They tend to go after those of us who are past school (basic training, anyway) because our play is erratic.....

.....and really, all of us who are out in practice (or in internship, or residency, or fellowship, or ....) have some pretty erratic play schedules and realize life is actually more chaotic after school than during. At least, for many of us.

That said, I get it. You have to make guesses on where to vote, and play style is a legitimate observation to make. I've just accepted that if it gets me lynched, it gets me lynched. *shrug*

I feel like I'm starting to get that way. Though it helps I kicked the serious addiction I had and can now have a life as well as play whereas that wasn't possible before...

Anyway, I feel you.

Also, I wonder if AM pulled the trigger on coquette for saying chaos when she knew her role was along those lines.

Doesn't matter now, I guess.

Members don't see this ad :)
#lynch weim#

Not pure retaliation, more of curious they want to Lynch me knowing what I know they know (mod confirmed) that either they don't believe it or are a wolf trying to redirect to someone they know is suspected....
Well that felt pretty dang retaliatory. I didn't believe it and it felt like a trap a wolf would set.

It's too bad we can't ask about affiliation, because it just struck me that you have a very typically villager ability, and our only known wolf had an ability arguably more village than yours haha
I have had this same thought rolling around in the back of my mind for a while now too. But like I said earlier, we're reaching that point in the game where I am overthinking and paranoid so I'm trying to take myself with a grain of salt. Glad to see I'm not the only one thinking along these lines though.

(PS sorry I was MIA for majority of today. I was on ER from 4 til just a bit ago and it was freakin slammed.)

Well that felt pretty dang retaliatory. I didn't believe it and it felt like a trap a wolf would set.

I have had this same thought rolling around in the back of my mind for a while now too. But like I said earlier, we're reaching that point in the game where I am overthinking and paranoid so I'm trying to take myself with a grain of salt. Glad to see I'm not the only one thinking along these lines though.

(PS sorry I was MIA for majority of today. I was on ER from 4 til just a bit ago and it was freakin slammed.)
It was retaliatory just based on what I knew you knew and the unlikely response it got.

How was it a trap? It wasn't intended for you anyway, not sure why it went to you, either random when someone else redirected me or you were the one who stole it. Either way, a strange way to respond to it. Barring other info, you will probably be my vote

Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along WW Blog

banner2.gif

Act 3

Tonight complicated plans were hatched and hopefully executed smoothly. It seems all the tabs on the Supervillains and Henchman wanted ad are gone now. I guess I was too slow to get that number.

Let's talk about moisture today. Humidifiers are great for adding moisture to the air except when questionably made. At the age of six, Moist was born again, changed if you will into the man we know today. Moist was always a little dry until his father left a humidifier running in his room overnight. Waking up in the morning, he was as moist as could be. Now, at his most hardcore he just makes people want to take a shower. Always a good henchman, he was allowed to hang with the supervillains. Last night Moist was trying to demonstrate that the glass panels of a skyscraper were unbreakable by slamming his body into them. It seems he didn't notice the cracks already present (were they always there?). Instead of being unbreakable, the glass panels cracked and Moist plunged to his death.
Dead is @WildZoo
Moist, Supervillain who would have most night actions performed on her redirected to the person below her on the roster

It is now Day 7, deadline is 10pm EDT

Roster

Caring Hands Soup Kitchen
1. @nyanko
5. @LetItSnow

Captain Hammer's Command Center
6. @Caia
9. @thedrjojo

The Laundromat
12. @sheltermed
13. @ddstothecor

Dr. Horrible's Lab
17. @Frozenshades
18. @WeimMama
19. @bjeh
20. @PippyPony

Caring Hands Homeless Shelter
15. @hazelmoo
22. @nohika

Midtown Cemetary

4. AM - NBN Newsman, Role Name Seer
10. LoTF - Driver, Vanilla at time of death
21. Genny - Penny, Protector
16. Coquette - Wonderflonium, Kill Dead Bowie w/ lynch vote
23. CheezyD - Bait, 1 x Night Cancel
2. Sar - Other Moving Guy, Tracker
3. KCoughli - Deputy Mayor, vanilla who could inherit Mayor's abilities
24. MJ - Groupie #3, mason
11. Zen - Wingspan, affiliation seer with delayed block
8. Lupin - Conflict Diamond, prevent delivery of night results and glean info
14. Animal Midwife - James Flames, Individual Role who could kill 3x

7. Dubz - Moist, avoid most night actions and have them performed on person below on roster

Was there a reason weim isn't sketchy to some of you anymore? I just read through and it seems all her feels have been on confirmed villagers, and she was pretty late to vote for Zen... idk. I think she might be a wolf.

Lynch weim

Inconclusive, but there is reasonably substantive evidence to suggest either/both FS and/or Caia are wolves.

Less than seering, more than feels.

lynch FS

Care to share then? Not sure about caia but I am village.

It's because of the redirecting message, no doubt. Conveniently, I was redirected last night.

Inconclusive, but there is reasonably substantive evidence to suggest either/both FS and/or Caia are wolves.

Less than seering, more than feels.

lynch FS

Wolves or just not supervillains? They are not the same.

It's because of the redirecting message, no doubt. Conveniently, I was redirected last night.

Redirection is part of it, since you were redirected to WZ, who ended up dead. Like I said, it's not conclusive, but it is a substantive reason to start a lynch on you.

"Not supervillian" is more accurate than "wolf"; but that's also consistent with what I'm saying - that there is suggestive but inconclusive evidence.

I never said it was conclusive (in fact, I was careful not to). But I'm going to vote where the evidence points.

Redirection is part of it, since you were redirected to WZ, who ended up dead. Like I said, it's not conclusive, but it is a substantive reason to start a lynch on you.

"Not supervillian" is more accurate than "wolf"; but that's also consistent with what I'm saying - that there is suggestive but inconclusive evidence.

I never said it was conclusive (in fact, I was careful not to). But I'm going to vote where the evidence points.

Well, seeing as I had the lab goggles last night and otherwise sit on my butt all night, every night, you should probably re-examine some things.

The first being who decided on WZ and who all knew about it because unless the lab goggles secretly kill, someone else did.

It was retaliatory just based on what I knew you knew and the unlikely response it got.

How was it a trap? It wasn't intended for you anyway, not sure why it went to you, either random when someone else redirected me or you were the one who stole it. Either way, a strange way to respond to it. Barring other info, you will probably be my vote
Well, if that is true that makes me feel ever so slightly better about you if it was redirected (because I definitely didn't steal it?). It felt sketchy af because at the time I got it we had seemed to have pretty much no interaction on thread. You had never mentioned me, I had never mentioned you (as far as I can recall) so it just felt out of nowhere and therefore really freaked me out.

daaaaang. i'd love more info but I know chances of prodding it out of you are slim. but also you usually don't share tidbits like this and them end up wrong (when i've played with you anyways which admittedly hasn't been a ton).

lynch caia

daaaaang. i'd love more info but I know chances of prodding it out of you are slim. but also you usually don't share tidbits like this and them end up wrong (when i've played with you anyways which admittedly hasn't been a ton).

lynch caia

Yeah, as if this isn't the sketchiest post I've ever read.

Reactions: 1 users
Well, seeing as I had the lab goggles last night and otherwise sit on my butt all night, every night, you should probably re-examine some things.

The first being who decided on WZ and who all knew about it because unless the lab goggles secretly kill, someone else did.
Who were you going to use the goggles on?

lynch caia
No harm in trying though right?

What do the goggles do and, if appropriate depending on what they do and whether it makes sense to make the info public, what were your results?

lynch caia

Weim, what more info would you want? Caia was redirected to WZ. Obviously I know who did the redirection (wasn't me - my only ability is passive and is from my original villager role), and I already shared that.

Yeah, as if this isn't the sketchiest post I've ever read.

Have to admit, I read it like Caia. I read it and my first thought was "yow, that's sketch."

I don't want to throw mass confusion on things, but I am still concerned about a) the possibility that our faction could 'recruit' a wolf. My factionmates clearly feel we couldn't, but .... not as convinced, mechanistically, that it couldn't be done, and b) that the wolves could 'recruit' someone from our faction.

Just sayin' - keep an open mind. Yeah, I'm soft-vouching my factionmates, but .............

Reactions: 1 user
AM had the goggles the night before, and I kinda was wondering if she used them on Sheltermed because of where her vote went.

I would also like to know what they do.

I had an item last night, but was oh so nicely blocked, so I don't think it got used. :vamp:

Just sayin' - keep an open mind. Yeah, I'm soft-vouching my factionmates, but .............
Well damn
Weim, what more info would you want? Caia was redirected to WZ. Obviously I know who did the redirection (wasn't me - my only ability is passive and is from my original villager role), and I already shared that.
I now realize it wasn't clear cause I didn't quote it, but I more meant that based on your first post that you had reason to believe either Caia or FS how you got down to the two of them and why... the Caia info seems to make sense but I read your first post as an "either or" between caia and fs (maybe you didn't intend it that way though) and just wanted to know how you got there?

Caia was redirected to WZ. Obviously I know who did the redirection (wasn't me - my only ability is passive and is from my original villager role), and I already shared that.
I'd also like to know Caia's role and ability pretty darn soon if this is the case. Otherwise this is where my vote is going today.

Here's a mechanics question for the group though. If Caia was redirected to WZ, and WZ's ability was to redirect night actions off of her, then how much of this would bounce off to the next person on the roster?

The lab goggles investigate affiliation.

My results were on rojo because when redirected to WZ, they moved down to the person below her on the roster.